Danish Phuket expat dies after accidentally slashing arm while trying to break into own home

webfact

Danish Phuket expat dies after accidentally slashing arm while trying to break into own home

The Phuket News

1479225961_1-org.jpg

Phuket expat Allan Birger Bruun, 41, from Denmark, died after suffering a deep cut to his arm inflicted when he smashed the glass on his front door to enter his own home, say police. Photo: Chalong Police

PHUKET: -- Friends today are making arrangements to have 41-year-old Danish expat Allan Birger Bruun buried on the island after he bled to death from slashing his arm on glass while breaking into his own home in Chalong last week.

Lt Jaras Lempan of the Wichit Police received a call from an emergency ambulance of Dibuk Hospital on Nov 6, leading to Maj Col Thada Sodarat of the Chalong Police arriving at Mr Bruun’s home shortly after.

“Mr Bruun had a very serious cut near his right elbow. He had severed a blood vessel and was bleeding profusely,” Col Thada told The Phuket News today (Nov 15).

“I believe he was locked out of his house and used his elbow to break the glass on the front door to get in,” Col Thada said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/danish-phuket-expat-dies-after-accidentally-slashing-arm-while-trying-to-break-into-own-home-59869.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-11-16

Its AMAZING the kind of death you can have in this country.... specialy if you are falang.... remind me of the french teacher on bicycle electrocuted falling from his bicycle right on the alleged leak in a flood .... you got to be realy unlucky ....the poeples who recovered his body were lucky though ....last year .Or the balcony flying epidemy from thai companty bought condos

Maybe my suspicious mind but, the glass looks like it was broken out not in, the doorknob is wrong.

No blood very suspicious i think.

Maybe somebody wanted him dead, wife girlfriend etc.

Unless he came home drunk at did it himself, but still no blood.

14 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Maybe my suspicious mind but, the glass looks like it was broken out not in, the doorknob is wrong.

No blood very suspicious i think.

Maybe somebody wanted him dead, wife girlfriend etc.

Unless he came home drunk at did it himself, but still no blood.

The photo shows the inside of the door.

If you expand the photo you can clearly see blood (or what looks like blood) on the edges of the broken glass.

Seems that he reached through to turn the doorknob, and his arm was sliced by the glass shard.

Archived