Danish Phuket expat dies after accidentally slashing arm while trying to break into own home

webfact

You can clearly see the glass in this door (pictured) is NOT safety glass Broken in sharp dangerous shards not  broken in small bits like tempered glass or broken and stay in place like laminated glass if saftey glass was installed  in this door this fellow would still be alive today.....Something to think about...

In most countries building codes require ...

All glass in or around Doors  to have a safety glass product installed i/e Laminated glass or tempered glass to prevent just this kind of accident ???

I guess Thailand has no such building codes/ rules......

Sad to say

10 hours ago, alfalfa19 said:

interesting that there's no blood on the broken window or the door.  i've severed a major blood vessel before, and it was immediately like a fountain.  no time delay whatsoever. 

Maybe the cut was made when he was withdrawing his elbow from the glass not when he first broke the window? 

9 hours ago, Sphere said:

You could be right....he's got the door knob installed wrong as well.

No, the handle is installed the proper way, the key slot is in the middle, got the same type on my place.

8 hours ago, cmsally said:

Not one drop of blood on that door. Is that possible ?

Yes, you're looking at the evidence of it being possible.  Natural reflex would be to pull the arm away immediately.

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Maybe my suspicious mind but, the glass looks like it was broken out not in, the doorknob is wrong.

No blood very suspicious i think.

Maybe somebody wanted him dead, wife girlfriend etc.

Unless he came home drunk at did it himself, but still no blood.

How can you determine that when you can't see where the glass fell?

There's nothing wrong with the door handle.

Why does there have to be blood on the very small area of the door that can be seen?  If he cut himself pulling his arm out of the broken glass that, combined with the reflex action of pulling away from the door when injured, would easily explain why you couldn't see blood.

Maybe no one wanted him dead, not wife, not girlfriend, maybe he cut himself breaking the glass?

13 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Maybe the cut was made when he was withdrawing his elbow from the glass not when he first broke the window? 

yes, but a cut which will cause death within a very short period of time (too short to seek help) starts spurting like a fountain immediately.  As I mentioned earlier,  something similar once happened to me, and instantaneously a red fountain 12-18 inches long began spurting from me.  There was no delay whatsoever.  to me, it's very strange that not one drop of blood is visible in the photo.  

On 11/16/2016 at 0:09 PM, gdgbb said:

How can you determine that when you can't see where the glass fell?

There's nothing wrong with the door handle.

Why does there have to be blood on the very small area of the door that can be seen?  If he cut himself pulling his arm out of the broken glass that, combined with the reflex action of pulling away from the door when injured, would easily explain why you couldn't see blood.

Maybe no one wanted him dead, not wife, not girlfriend, maybe he cut himself breaking the glass?

Sorry, but I take two issues with you here:

Firstly, if he cut such an important artery, there would be blood all over this picture, on the floor, and on the glass. Likely even footprints from him, those who found him, and the police walking through afterwards.

Secondly, I don't buy the notion that 'nobody would ever want to see this man dead'. I know of him, he was not an honest person, and property money was redirected to his personal account, and not the company account. I even personally know one of his staff (also dishonest - and for which I have 100 percent proof), and I know of a lawyer he tried to hire, but denied his offer because this person already knew what he was like. I'm not saying that all, or even most of his day to day operations were dishonest, I am just saying that some of them were. And in a place like Thailand, ripping off anyone can have fatal consequences, especially when the joke Royal Thai Police are all that is left to investigate a death.

With all that being said, I know this was a man that would sit outside the 7-11 like a poor Thai man, from time to time drinking. So under the influence of Thai whiskey, anything is possible, I guess. But the lack of blood leads me to believe this was, and is, a suspicious death.

I pity both the mans family, and those who were in business with him, as I hear the office is now closing. If you are in the second category of person affected, there are many other law offices locally that will assist you - but I suggest you get a move on, before the bean-counters move in.

Overall, I remain dubious of the 'events' described by the police.

On 19/11/2016 at 10:22 PM, NotMyUsualid said:

Sorry, but I take two issues with you here:

Firstly, if he cut such an important artery, there would be blood all over this picture, on the floor, and on the glass. Likely even footprints from him, those who found him, and the police walking through afterwards.

There probably is blood all over the floor, there may be footprints also but when there is no picture of the floor to claim to know what state it is in is just daft.  Unless you've seen photos that weren't in this OP, of course.

Why should there be any blood on the glass or why should it be odd that there isn't any?  When he put his elbow through the glass do you think he held it there or is it more likely that he immediately pulled away from the glass because of the danger?  Add the fact that he did cut himself to the picture and the reflex action would have the elbow away from the glass in a fraction of a second, before profuse bleeding started.

And if someone did want him dead as you seem to be suggesting I suppose the most obvious way to do it would be to cut an artery in his elbow?

On 11/20/2016 at 8:00 PM, gdgbb said:

There probably is blood all over the floor, there may be footprints also but when there is no picture of the floor to claim to know what state it is in is just daft.  Unless you've seen photos that weren't in this OP, of course.

Why should there be any blood on the glass or why should it be odd that there isn't any?  When he put his elbow through the glass do you think he held it there or is it more likely that he immediately pulled away from the glass because of the danger?  Add the fact that he did cut himself to the picture and the reflex action would have the elbow away from the glass in a fraction of a second, before profuse bleeding started.

And if someone did want him dead as you seem to be suggesting I suppose the most obvious way to do it would be to cut an artery in his elbow?

If you cut your elbow so critically, there'd have been blood gushing all over that window frame. Simple as that.

I see you have over a thousand posts, and list your location as Bangkok, but you don't appear to know Thailand very well at all, so allow me to fill you in - When you rip people off here - there are often fatal consequences. Is this the case here? Who really knows.

10 hours ago, NotMyUsualid said:

If you cut your elbow so critically, there'd have been blood gushing all over that window frame. Simple as that.

I see you have over a thousand posts, and list your location as Bangkok, but you don't appear to know Thailand very well at all, so allow me to fill you in - When you rip people off here - there are often fatal consequences. Is this the case here? Who really knows.

"If you cut your elbow so critically, there'd have been blood gushing all over that window frame. Simple as that." 

Well, no, it's not quite as simple as that.  Consideration has to be given to reflex actions and where the victim moved to or fell, maybe away from the door!  That window frame is probably 5ft off the ground and, fairly obviously, not in the direction of any blood flow.

I don't really want to prolong this discourse because it's getting tedious and it's running the risk of being labelled as 'bickering' but one question, are you disputing that the event occurred because you don't see blood where, if it did occur (and it seems that it did), it clearly wasn't reasonable to expect to see it?  (If it was reasonable to expect to see blood on the glass, in the circumstances of this incident, then it would be there).

The number of posts that I have made, my location here and the number of decades I have lived here is irrelevant, as is your opinion of how much I know about Thailand and the very doubtful ability of you to be in a position 'to fill me in'.    What is relevant, however, is the last part of your comment..."When you rip people off here - there are often fatal consequences. Is this the case here? Who really knows."     Indeed, you don't know, so why keep banging on about something that is nothing more than your wild speculation just because the victim in this accident was so inconsiderate as to not bleed on the window for you?

• 2 months later...
On 22/11/2016 at 6:26 AM, gdgbb said:

"If you cut your elbow so critically, there'd have been blood gushing all over that window frame. Simple as that." 

Well, no, it's not quite as simple as that.  Consideration has to be given to reflex actions and where the victim moved to or fell, maybe away from the door!  That window frame is probably 5ft off the ground and, fairly obviously, not in the direction of any blood flow.

I don't really want to prolong this discourse because it's getting tedious and it's running the risk of being labelled as 'bickering' but one question, are you disputing that the event occurred because you don't see blood where, if it did occur (and it seems that it did), it clearly wasn't reasonable to expect to see it?  (If it was reasonable to expect to see blood on the glass, in the circumstances of this incident, then it would be there).

The number of posts that I have made, my location here and the number of decades I have lived here is irrelevant, as is your opinion of how much I know about Thailand and the very doubtful ability of you to be in a position 'to fill me in'.    What is relevant, however, is the last part of your comment..."When you rip people off here - there are often fatal consequences. Is this the case here? Who really knows."     Indeed, you don't know, so why keep banging on about something that is nothing more than your wild speculation just because the victim in this accident was so inconsiderate as to not bleed on the window for you?

Quote: The number of posts that I have made, my location here and the number of decades I have lived here is irrelevant

What a load of <deleted>.

You are entitled to your opinion, me, mine. I'm not going to get all CSI on it, but the guy cut himself AND broke the glass in the process - and I see no blood. So, WHATEVER WORDS YOU TROW AT ME, I will remain supicious.

But I DO know that guy was up to no good. Not everyday, not all the time, because he ran a business that obviously worked, but hell, what do I know? I only know his staff, and personal details from him from those who know him.

I'm done here.

Have a rotten day.

Drunken accidents are hard to believe sometimes. Seems incredible he could not have wrapped something round his arm his shirt would have done to form some pressure to slow the bleeding until he got help. Many years ago a friend of mine came home very drunk and tripped over a coffee table as he walked through his lounge and fell. He fell in an awkward way he basically sat down right on one of the coffee tables legs. Yes it went right up his anus and killed him.

15 hours ago, NotMyUsualid said:

Quote: The number of posts that I have made, my location here and the number of decades I have lived here is irrelevant

What a load of <deleted>.

You are entitled to your opinion, me, mine. I'm not going to get all CSI on it, but the guy cut himself AND broke the glass in the process - and I see no blood. So, WHATEVER WORDS YOU TROW AT ME, I will remain supicious.

But I DO know that guy was up to no good. Not everyday, not all the time, because he ran a business that obviously worked, but hell, what do I know? I only know his staff, and personal details from him from those who know him.

I'm done here.

Have a rotten day.

It took you over 2 months to come up with that?

My location, time in Thailand and number of posts is irrelevant in that it is none of your business and does not affect my comment; it certainly is not "a load of <deleted>", whatever that is.

"But I DO know that guy was up to no good. Not everyday, not all the time, because he ran a business that obviously worked, but hell, what do I know? I only know his staff, and personal details from him from those who know him."

That is what is known as hearsay.

"Have a rotten day."

And that is what is known as a sulky, childish comment.

Archived