If your car is stolen while on hire purchase you can stop paying installments, says Thai lawyer

webfact

12 hours ago, rkidlad said:

And this is why insurance is so important. Insurance companies are not allowed to work in the same way as they do in the west. I honestly don't know why foreign insurance companies set up here. I guess they must be making money.

When you buy a car, it's 'your' responsibility to pay the money back for that car. If that car is stolen, it's still on you to pay the money back. It's not the car dealer's fault your car was stolen. This is why insurance is so important. You have coverage for theft. Someone steals your car and you get your money back, etc. 

The police need to crack down hard on people without insurance. My missus' car was hit in a fender bender. The insurance guy came out but the other driver said they'd rather just pay cash. Okay. Insurance guy came out and said there was 13k's worth of damage. The lady who hit us was shocked. "That's too much" she said. "Okay", we said "use your insurance". "But I don't have insurance' she said.

People need to be forced into acting responsibly. The lady who hit us thought it was her god given right not to have insurance and drive around like a dumb-dumb. She thought it was her god given right to only pay a little because that was convenient for her.

Insurance companies will only insure a new car for eighty per cent of its value, so my reliable agent tells me, this is to protect them from fraud the type mentioned prior.

Archived