Technical Training

Hi, I had a meet up and a conversation with my old boss from England recently. He’s been coming over to Bangkok recently as there is a lot of interest from Thai companies in his engineering products. Mostly just industrial pressure and recording instrumentation.

After coming across a general lack of technical know-how he was asking me about the feasibility of setting up sort sort of planned and coordinated training program or school. Maybe in conjunction with local vocational colleges or universities.

To be honest, Iam not sure how he could go about this or even if it’s possible. I would be very grateful if anyone could provide any advice or suggestions. Thank you in advance.

it is absurd for yer boss to expect that any training facility for his products would be accommodated/facilitated by local institutions...he sounds like an accountant, not an engineer...

the way that it is usually done is that you include a provision for O&M training in the sales contract and then the OEM sends out the necessary staff for this purpose...they will havta be creative to overcome the language problem and in handling the customer's candidates for the training course...but, everyone wantsta be a mother of invention...

local talent that are skilled in instrumentation and control should have basic english skills as they would be university trained...not like england where apprentice boys call themselves 'engineers'...

Archived