Change of Address Requirements.

jamie2009

I have just moved from a Condo to a House in Pattaya, I believe I need to inform Immigration.

What paperwork do I have to complete and what documents do I need to provide to Immigration at Jomtien ?

Edited by jamie2009

Is it a rental house?? you need to do a tm 28 and whoever owns the house does a TM30.  if it's owned by your mrs her ID card and house book copy for Tm30. if not last time I did my tm 28 I also took rental agreement and normal copies of passport If i rember corectley they dI'd not want to see rentail agrement and I handed in tm 30 for condo owner form and his ID and house book copy.

50 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Is it a rental house?? you need to do a tm 28 and whoever owns the house does a TM30.  if it's owned by your mrs her ID card and house book copy for Tm30. if not last time I did my tm 28 I also took rental agreement and normal copies of passport If i rember corectley they dI'd not want to see rentail agrement and I handed in tm 30 for condo owner form and his ID and house book copy.

Rental property, the owner has given me the Rental Agreement so I assume I have to complete a TM 28 and go to Immigration..

8 minutes ago, jamie2009 said:

Rental property, the owner has given me the Rental Agreement so I assume I have to complete a TM 28 and go to Immigration..

Yes a tm 28  it's supposed to be his job to do a tm 30 however???? if he's ok I would ask him for photo copies of the house book and his ID and get him to fill in a TM30 then take it to immigration with you job done.

I went to Jomtien yesterday, absolute nightmare, I was sent upstairs, Police not Immigration. There was a Policeman fast asleep in the chair in Reception.

i handed all the paperwork to a lady who checked the computer, a big screen mounted on the wall, I didn't take much notice of what she looking at. Next thing she says they have no record of me. I said why not I complete the Arrival/Departure Card, come to Immigration for a Re Entry Permit, have a Valid Visa etc. she said Immigration not connected with the Police ? She then asked where was the tear off slip when I changed address before, I said I had stayed with the same owner previously long term so never had too change my address. She produced a pamphlet, she said rules, I said never seen one before, your friends not tell you, nope my friends are Thais, you have Internet, white lie, nope. I was asked to wait in the Reception area, a young English speaking Thai told me I had a big problem, I need to call the owner, I tried, no answer. This went on for over a couple of hours with the English speaking lady coming out too speak too me all the time. I tried to call the owner no answer. I couldn't really get my head round what the problem was although the translator said her Manager was fed up of Farangs coming here every day not knowing the rules, some were let off but she wanted to fine me.

It was only when the English speaking Thai produced a leaflet that I realised what the problem was, the owner hadn't reported to the Police of me being in her property within 24 hours ?

in the end I just wanted out of the place after being there for nearly 2 hours, and asked about the fine, 4000 baht so I said I will pay it. I went too the ATM got the money back upstairs, there was then a discussion between 2 off the Staff, kept looking at me then said you not pay fine, you have bad owner, signed the tear off strip and stapled it in my Passport !

The owner called me back in the evening, she must have had 10 missed calls from me, no voicemail set up on her phone. I told her she needs to go to Jomtien ASAP, ok WE go tomorrow, no way I am sorted and the last thing I want is too spend 2 hours in an office with a gun totting Policeman wandering about after he had woke up shouting in Thai to I don't know whom, he actually looked drunk.