Kanchanaburi chase drama as two hoodlums shot dead by police

webfact

Kanchanaburi chase drama as two hoodlums shot dead by police

p2.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

KANCHANABURI: -- Two men in a Toyota Vios were shot dead by police after a long chase through Kanchanaburi town and the surrounding area.

The men in the car broke through several checkpoints firing guns as they went. Finally after their tires were shot out and they still refused to give up police decided to shoot them, reports Manager Online.

Dead in the car was Nattawut Withakhathong, 32, a Nakorn Pathom native and another man as yet unidentified. Both men were heavily tattooed.

Top cops were on the scene to determine who the pair were and why they had fled the checkpoints. Apart from three guns used to shoot at police the only thing found in the car was a quantity of anti retroviral tablets.

The drama began about 2.30 pm at a checkpoint when police beckoned the Vios to stop. It stopped but as the driver handed out his license he suddenly revved and sped off.

Police gave chase and radioing ahead other vehicles and motorcycles joined in. Shots were continually fired as the Vios broke through roadblocks set up in the Tha Muang and Nong Khaw areas after the chase had traversed many roads in the downtown area with the offending car driving against the traffic flow.

Finally police and soldiers had stopped all traffic on Route 324 as they thought the public could be in danger. At 4.30pm the tires of the vehicle were shot out.

Still the occupant now in their disabled vehicle refused to give up and the decision was taken to shoot into the body of the car and kill the occupants.

The vehicle was found to have a fake registration.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-17

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happened just down the road from us and very lucky that the kids had been cleared from the front of the school just before the shootout happened.

Funny thing was that an hour later the area was totally clear, road open, people going about their business and if there had been any forensic/scene of crime investigation it had already been completed.

29 minutes ago, Mangkorndang said:

"Both men were heavily tattooed."   The relevance of this is ?
Oh sorry I forgot.  In LOS tattoos instantly make you a criminal.     Shoot away BIB.

Didn't mom tell them not to have a hairline cross tattooed on their back?

41 minutes ago, Mangkorndang said:

Oh sorry I forgot.  In LOS tattoos instantly make you a criminal.     Shoot away BIB.

Crashing through numerous roadblocks and firing at the police probably instantly makes them criminals also but it seems that that doesn't count in your world.  Well done RTP.

1 hour ago, Mangkorndang said:

No causal effect, but there is a correlation... a colleague of mine, for instance, did a study that found that having three or more tattoos was a good predictor of having significant disciplinary issues ('going to the brig') in the army. It doesn't mean that everyone with lots of tattoos is a criminal or that ink-free people are all saints, but there does seem to be a correlation. And it's important to note that this correlation is probably diminishing as tattoos become more the norm in each generation...  

4 minutes ago, Docno said:

No causal effect, but there is a correlation... a colleague of mine, for instance, did a study that found that having three or more tattoos was a good predictor of having significant disciplinary issues ('going to the brig') in the army. It doesn't mean that everyone with lots of tattoos is a criminal or that ink-free people are all saints, but there does seem to be a correlation. And it's important to note that this correlation is probably diminishing as tattoos become more the norm in each generation...  

Yeah and there's also a correlation between having a penis and being a rapist... :coffee1:

6 minutes ago, Docno said:

I've done my own research and note that two hoodlums firing guns indiscriminately like they were in the Wild West are pretty dangerous characters. 

Good job by the RTP and army, BTW. 

1 hour ago, Mangkorndang said:

Yep, just another extra-judicial killing in the Land of Smiles.......

13 minutes ago, RaggaTwin said:

I've done my own research and note that two hoodlums firing guns indiscriminately like they were in the Wild West are pretty dangerous characters. 

Good job by the RTP and army, BTW. 

Hmmm, you take everything the RTP say at face value?  The offside tyres are intact and the car looks level to me.  The other photo in Manager ONline seems to show the nearside rear still inflated as well.

This is typical of the Thai Police who overreact (as unprofessional as they are) and then make up stories to match their version of events (Koh Tao anyone?).

How about a non-lethal takedown?  The car had obviously been rear ended (by the RTP?) and looked to be leaking fluids.  Perhaps they could have been waited out.

I don't believe for a moment anything the BiB, mafia that they are, says in connection with their duties.

17 minutes ago, Mook23 said:

Yeah and there's also a correlation between having a penis and being a rapist... :coffee1:

Sure - and just because smoking cigarettes is correlated with being human, it doesn't mean that the smoking/heart-attack correlation is meaningless.  

5 minutes ago, saminoz said:

Yep, just another extra-judicial killing in the Land of Smiles.......

Yep, just another extra judicial killing, BUT if the "hoodlums" had managed to gun down a cop or two or an innocent bystander , that would be OK?

31 minutes ago, saminoz said:

Hmmm, you take everything the RTP say at face value?  The offside tyres are intact and the car looks level to me.  The other photo in Manager ONline seems to show the nearside rear still inflated as well.

This is typical of the Thai Police who overreact (as unprofessional as they are) and then make up stories to match their version of events (Koh Tao anyone?).

How about a non-lethal takedown?  The car had obviously been rear ended (by the RTP?) and looked to be leaking fluids.  Perhaps they could have been waited out.

I don't believe for a moment anything the BiB, mafia that they are, says in connection with their duties.

Seems pretty simple to me, You shoot at me expect me to return the favor, of course in LOS I do not have my weapons, Damn !!

35 minutes ago, saminoz said:

Not sure what they would have done in the Land of Oz, but I expect that if this had happened in Texas, the police would have simply asked them nicely to pull over and taken them both for coffee at Starbucks.:whistling:

Archived