Kanchanaburi chase drama as two hoodlums shot dead by police

webfact

3 hours ago, Loeilad said:

well assuming you weren't  there, what is the source of your information?

I was not there, but having read the report on several sites, including this one, as have all members commenting here, I stand by my comments. Police 1 - Criminals 0. Next. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Loeilad said:

well assuming you weren't  there, what is the source of your information?

Where do you think? Probably where most of the people get there information. Trough the news!
Can´t you just supprise us all and start talk to the dead, and get thier point of view. Your just unbelievable, dude!

17 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

I notice that at 1:25 in the video, there is a plain-clothes policemen touching the bonnet/hood of the car with his bare hands - no plastic gloves to prevent fingerprints/contamination.
That's plain-clothes policeman as opposed to uninformed.policeman (oops, a typo there).

Old Jungle saying: If you're going to shoot, shoot to kill. That way you make sure your side of the story is the only story available.  You can always put a warning shot into the ceiling after the body's stopped moving to support your story as the "truth".  I'm surprised so many people so readily accept a version of a story from authorities (considering the apparent reputation of the RTP - look at the recent execution by head kicking of a card player) without any corroboration - especially when it involves spontaneous acts of violence that end in the death of citizens.  It's unfortunate the RTP has an image problem, but "justice on the run" is not a good way to improve its image.  There are ways to restrain ratbag citizens, despite their acts of violence, without instant execution.

On 11/17/2016 at 10:17 AM, edwinchester said:

Happened just down the road from us and very lucky that the kids had been cleared from the front of the school just before the shootout happened.

Funny thing was that an hour later the area was totally clear, road open, people going about their business and if there had been any forensic/scene of crime investigation it had already been completed.

So they decide to shoot them , rather than find out what it was all about. Great RTP  work !

"bad guys killed is not the only criteria to judge performance...." - cardinalblue. 

- It should never be a performance indicator for a civilian police or other service/protection organisation - except as a warning indicator rather than a validator. Any spontaneous or reactionary civilian death at the hands of a civilian authority represents a denial of justice. Not just for the victim, but for all civilians; any such act threatens the whole population.

On November 17, 2016 at 7:51 PM, Honthy said:

I don't want to criticize your avatar.... I do not like cats.

Basiically agree, but the reason why most of the similar actions are usually finished by not killing the bad boys is that police can get information when theey alive. Some evidences helping the work of the police may be found in the car but a living hoodlum can speak. Surely they were deeply involved in crime, not because of their tattoos, just before .....

Otherwise, mybe in your country you do not know, but in Europe police have road blocks  which definitely stops the car....

Its all about priorities.

The first priority is to stop a bad guy shooting a gun from having an opportunity to shoot a bystander or you.

This is vitally more important than keeping a bad guy alive for questioning. 

How many people would it have been reasonable for the bad guys to shoot before you feel it was time to stop them?

1 hour ago, oldsailor35 said:

So they decide to shoot them , rather than find out what it was all about. Great RTP  work !

Guns were recovered from the car and according to witnesses the fugitives were firing both during the chase and after the car was forced to a stop.

Much as I dislike the Police here, if the above is true, I'd say they were justified in firing back.

3 minutes ago, BSJ said:

" Finally police and soldiers had stopped all traffic on Route 324 as they thought the public could be in danger. At 4.30pm the tires of the vehicle were shot out. " This after 2 hours!  :shock1:

True that....

Another point is there does not seem to be much evidence of the tires being shot out from what I can see

After 2 members of the public being extra-judicially killed by the police you would at least expect their statements to be a little more accurate, if the first statement is so blatantly wrong it does not exactly exude honesty or professionalism.....

Seems many of the public and the hang em highs here are more than happy to swallow anything the buffoons in brown say, any of you guys want to buy a bridge?

21 minutes ago, mark131v said:

True that....

Another point is there does not seem to be much evidence of the tires being shot out from what I can see

After 2 members of the public being extra-judicially killed by the police you would at least expect their statements to be a little more accurate, if the first statement is so blatantly wrong it does not exactly exude honesty or professionalism.....

Seems many of the public and the hang em highs here are more than happy to swallow anything the buffoons in brown say, any of you guys want to buy a bridge?

Dress it up how you like, two people who were more than happy to kill anyone that got in their way have been summarily stopped.  Good riddance.

16 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Its all about priorities.

The first priority is to stop a bad guy shooting a gun from having an opportunity to shoot a bystander or you.

This is vitally more important than keeping a bad guy alive for questioning. 

How many people would it have been reasonable for the bad guys to shoot before you feel it was time to stop them?

Quite agree, however, due to the riport no civilians were in direct danger. On the other hand, however,  a fierce gunfight can be also dangerous, especially in Thailand. A lot of bystanders, traffic jams may cause unnecessary victims.

Archived