Latest info on border hop in Kanachanaburi / Phu Nam Ron with Non O Multiple Entry?

I have seen a post here which is only about 1 month old stating that Phu Nam Ron is working for people who want to activate another entry on their Non O Multiple Entry.

But with the reports going on about Poi Pet I thought it might be wise to ask for the lastest information again:

I have a Multiple Entry Non Immigrant O Visa based on marriage.

Usually I fly somewhere for a short holiday and come back via an airport.

This time I thought about renting a car and driving to Phu Nam Ron.

Can I still just go in and out to get another 3 months?

What time should I be there?

Is Poi Pet (don't really like it) a viable Plan B?

Thanks a lot

1. Yes you can get another 90 days at that border.
  2. It should take less than an hour to exit, enter Myanmar and re-enter Thailand.
  3. It's probably best to avoid Poi Pet. Ban Laem would be a better choice if using the Cambodian border.

5 hours ago, vi2004 said:

Thank you for your answer and sorry for missing that other thread.

What is the latest time that I should arrive there in order to be able to make my crossing and coming back?

I will drive a car from Bangkok.

If I recall correctly the crossing closes at 6 pm.

I you get there by 4 pm you certainly would not have a problem doing the crossing.

I did it on Monday with a non o based on marriage - got there for 1030am (avoided the early morning rush) no queues, over and back with another 90 days in less than 45 minutes - 960 baht total. 

Get stamped out of Thailand, walk 15 yard and there's a cafe/travel agent on your left. Give them your passport and they'll do the rest.

Edited by Richie1971
additional info

2 hours ago, Richie1971 said:

I did it on Monday with a non o based on marriage - got there for 1030am (avoided the early morning rush) no queues, over and back with another 90 days in less than 45 minutes - 960 baht total. 

Get stamped out of Thailand, walk 15 yard and there's a cafe/travel agent on your left. Give them your passport and they'll do the rest.

And the cost of the agent please 

Edited by Deepinthailand

They dont let you go across the Thai border into Burma solo (not from this border point anyway) - the other side consists of a few bamboo sheds one of which is the Immigration office. Plus it's about 4-5kms from the Thai exit point.

The 960 baht includes transport over the border and required copies of passport page, visa page etc. The driver takes your passport, goes to the immigration hut brings it back to you and you both return to the border again. You can get out for a look around the village but it's pretty muddy and there's nothing much to see.

Edited by Richie1971
addtional info