Drunk European Goes On Soi Buakhao Rampage

webfact

Yes I can remember when one could buy a drink or alcohol 24/7 in Thailand and during those days there was not the type of acting out there is now. What has changed is that many people have become angry with their life and the lives around them. There is a lack of tolerance and the last generation has not been taught about responsibility  and thus have no responsibility. This is a worldwide phenomenon and when people now drink the worst of their personality shows up when they over indulge. Anytime I have ever gone out drinking and overindulged I was never angry but happy and usually bought several rounds.  I now avoid the Western 'entertainment' areas because they are not fun at all. In fact, the Thais who staff them have become infected by 'farang fatigue' and have developed many of the most irritating Western habits. Both the patrons and bars are headed for oblivion/

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alcohol should be illegal. Without it, people behave like robots. Acting on command, Just being sheeps. Girls have their guard up. Everybody's weird. 

With it, all of a sudden everybody's big and bad. People become very brave. 

1 hour ago, Thaidream said:

In 5 years Pattaya will have changed so much you will not recognize it. The Thais I was referring to are the middle class with families- these people drink in moderation and conduct themselves with proper decorum. It doesn't matter- the so called bully boys as you call them are in charge, will remain in charge and they do not like the entertainment sex scene and they will get rid of it. It doesn't matter what I like or do not like- the new sheriff runs the show- not me or anyone else. Don't shoot the messenger- I am just relating what I can see happening.

Not saying you are wrong with Pattaya changing, in fact I totally agree with you.

But the thing with Pattaya is that it never stops changing. I left Pattaya in 1999 after a 2 year stay and moved to Phitsanulok where I have been since. After leaving, I next went back to Pattaya in 2002 and the changes that happened in that short 3 year period were mind blowing. I ended up going out for the evening with friends in bars & clubs which were literally within a 300 meter radius of where i had been renting while living there and didn't know one of them by name.

I do however disagree that the sex entertainment scene will disappear. Perhaps move location a bit, but nor be gotten rid off. It is after all how Pattaya became Pattaya, where there is demand there will be product. This, IMO, will never change, it will be how Pattaya survives despite what all the nay-sayer's think.

Not saying you are wrong with Pattaya changing, in fact I totally agree with you.

But the thing with Pattaya is that it never stops changing. I left Pattaya in 1999 after a 2 year stay and moved to Phitsanulok where I have been since. After leaving, I next went back to Pattaya in 2002 and the changes that happened in that short 3 year period were mind blowing. I ended up going out for the evening with friends in bars & clubs which were literally within a 300 meter radius of where i had been renting while living there and didn't know one of them by name.

I do however disagree that the sex entertainment scene will disappear. Perhaps move location a bit, but nor be gotten rid off. It is after all how Pattaya became Pattaya, where there is demand there will be product. This, IMO, will never change, it will be how Pattaya survives despite what all the nay-sayer's think.

Going back 22 years I can remember incidents similar to this. I couldn't say whether there are more or less nowadays as I don't go out anywhere near as much.

As long as there are poor people/families in Thailand up in the villages or wherever, there will be a thriving sex industry.

1 hour ago, hyku1147 said:

It could be a result of overcrowding and over-building:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=overcrowding+aggression+psychology+&t=hs&ia=web

Or it could be a result of the world recognizing the dangers and damages caused by over consumption, with laws enacted to attempt to reduce this within the community.... and reduce the number of nutters

years ago, in Australia, one could go from early opening pubs, to liquid luncheons, leading to late night venues, then back to early openers

however, nowadays, a bartender serving an obviously drunk ( include obnoxious) person, is legally accountable for this, and can be prosecuted, so they can, and do, refuse serving those that they personally deem to be inebriated.

other responsible initiatives include, no longer providing salty snacks, which encourage further drinking.... there are more... but I'm getting off topic.

Personally, when out drinking, this is an example of exactly what I never wish to see, or be drawn into.... and multiple cops, being needed to subdue a berserker, is appropriate, for their own safety.

i just wonder were the miracle sticks, introduced in hua hin ( I think it was), a few months ago, with much fanfare about responsible policing, were during this incident.

7 hours ago, Thaidream said:

In 5 years Pattaya will have changed so much you will not recognize it. The Thais I was referring to are the middle class with families- these people drink in moderation and conduct themselves with proper decorum. It doesn't matter- the so called bully boys as you call them are in charge, will remain in charge and they do not like the entertainment sex scene and they will get rid of it. It doesn't matter what I like or do not like- the new sheriff runs the show- not me or anyone else. Don't shoot the messenger- I am just relating what I can see happening.

Pattaya change unrecognisably in 5 years, DREAM ON. They can't even build an unnecessary underpass in 5 years.

Blimey, if they could fix the water supply in 5 years it would be a miracle.  Let alone the roads, traffic jams and floods.

You clearly just don't know what Pattaya actually constitutes, presumably you just hang about the beach bars.

People who drink in moderation and conduct themselves with proper decorum, no sex, no drinking, Oh yes, just like in Bangkok! Where are you at? If you really believe that crap you will believe anything. Thai's like to drink and real "middle class" Thai's are so rare that they are almost outnumbered by the piles of rocking horse sh.. left behind by your toy soldiers.

Messenger, 555, have you got wings on your heels?

Better use them to fly away before your dreams of hordes of decorous Thai middle classes overrunning Pattaya disappear in the clouds of rose tinted smoke you like to blow out about "improvements" to Pattaya by your "alleged" khaki mates. 

If you don't want to get shot at don't cry wolf. 

4 hours ago, DMC1 said:

Going back 22 years I can remember incidents similar to this. I couldn't say whether there are more or less nowadays as I don't go out anywhere near as much.

As long as there are poor people/families in Thailand up in the villages or wherever, there will be a thriving sex industry.

Why is it then that the thriving sex industry in Thailand is so well populated with so called "hi so's" and any number of those oh so decorous "middle class" Thai's you might be lucky enough to unearth.  The Thai sex industry is a national pastime and not just an economic necessity for some.

It wasn't sex that caused this guy to go off his head and attack people it was booze or drugs or maybe he was even sick.

Why is it then that the thriving sex industry in Thailand is so well populated with so called "hi so's" and any number of those oh so decorous "middle class" Thai's you might be lucky enough to unearth.  The Thai sex industry is a national pastime and not just an economic necessity for some.

It wasn't sex that caused this guy to go off his head and attack people it was booze or drugs or maybe he was even sick.

I am fully aware of the sex industry catering to Thais which is far bigger scale than that for tourists. Again this all stems from the country having lots of poor people and lack of infrastructure and income support or decent salaries which makes some young people opt for this kind of life - this is how it all started and from there as you put it 'it has become a national pastime'.

As usual the thread was getting side tracked into other subjects and I know it had nothing to do with this guy going off his head.

21 hours ago, MiKT said:

Pattaya change unrecognisably in 5 years, DREAM ON. They can't even build an unnecessary underpass in 5 years.

Blimey, if they could fix the water supply in 5 years it would be a miracle.  Let alone the roads, traffic jams and floods.

You clearly just don't know what Pattaya actually constitutes, presumably you just hang about the beach bars.

People who drink in moderation and conduct themselves with proper decorum, no sex, no drinking, Oh yes, just like in Bangkok! Where are you at? If you really believe that crap you will believe anything. Thai's like to drink and real "middle class" Thai's are so rare that they are almost outnumbered by the piles of rocking horse sh.. left behind by your toy soldiers.

Messenger, 555, have you got wings on your heels?

Better use them to fly away before your dreams of hordes of decorous Thai middle classes overrunning Pattaya disappear in the clouds of rose tinted smoke you like to blow out about "improvements" to Pattaya by your "alleged" khaki mates. 

If you don't want to get shot at don't cry wolf. 

Yeah, right on! He live in a dream.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived