A few questions KHON KAEN

jimmyyy

So i have a few questions and I hope the members here don't mind but i am just going to make one post instead of having 10 posts all over the forum. 

1.  I need a pediatric dentist?  Any recommendations are most appreciated.
2.  Our mattress is hard as a rock, looking for a pillow top. 
3.  Tutor for my 7 year old, must have masters degree in education
4.  a pre school for my three year old.  She only speaks English
5.  I have a 90 day o visa based upon marriage it expires in January, what do i need to do when it expires.
6.  Sports massage place (no happy endings a real sports therapy shop)
7.  A book store where i can get my children books in English
9.  In January i would like to attend a Thai school to begin learning the language.  Any around?
10. 1080P HD Web cam with microphone compatible with Windows 10

Sorry for the long list, i am going nuts here at the house trying to figure it all out. 

Regards,

Jimmyyy

-> Home Pro just out of the city center will have what you are looking for.

5.  I have a 90 day o visa based upon marriage it expires in January, what do i need to do when it expires.

-> You need to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage at KK Immigration.

1// Your Passport + copies of every page

2// 2 passport size photos

3// Marriage Certificate

4// KorKor 22

5// Letter from Phu Yai Baan stating that you are married + his blue book copy + his ID card copy + his government official card copy

6// Your wife ID card + Blue Book

7// 400,000 THB in a Thai Bank for 2 months: letter from bank stating that you have more than 400,000 THB in your account.

8// Book bank updated on the day of application showing more than 400,000 THB in your account.

(you can also show 40,000 baht of income per month from abroad )

9// Maps to your house

10// 3 photos of you and your family in front of the house showing the house number, in the back and in the living room (not a joke)

11// Witness + his/her blue book + ID Card

Seems like a lot of work, but it isn't so hard.

-> Fitness First if you want top of the line stuff

-> Asia Books or order online (amazon, etc)

-> IT Complex in the city or Central Khon Kaen will have this.

16 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Asia Books

It's in Central World shopping center.

16 minutes ago, JoeW said:

IT Complex in the city

It's a "tukcom", the usual mix of mobile and electronic/computer stuff.

Opposite the Kosa hotel.

But at Central you will also find and it's more "fancy" than the somewhat worn out tukcom.

Many other small computer shops scattered around town.

For the question on marriage extension:

if you need further explanations (though the above list looks good), better open a separate thread in the Thai visas... forum.

Generally Khon Kaen immigration works well without harassing "extra" requirements.

21 hours ago, jimmyyy said:

As said you need to apply for an extension of stay. You can do it during the last 30 days of your 90 day entry.

Here is my list of documents required which might closer to what will be needed at Khon Kaen immigration. Marriage Extension Requirements.pdf

Most hospitals even the small ones have dentists there a lot of the time, My wife and her children go there at BangFang 20 kms west of KK, and best of all its almost free

3.  Tutor for my 7 year old, must have masters degree in education.

Are you new to the area? Just asking as I think you may be setting your sights a bit high. Do you mean private tutor?

4.  a pre school for my three year old.  She only speaks English.

There is a bilingual school there. Not sure if they do pre school. At 3 years old she will have no problem picking up Thai very quickly. Are you planning on staying in Thailand for the long haul? If so a Thai speaking school with some English would be better.

Re non o in Jan you have option above for extension based on marriage  or savannakhet for another visa based on marriage. Lots of thrwads on here refrence that. Plus your 90 day now if you haven't already you can extend that by 60 days based on visiting wife at KK imigration. one form photo 1900 bht and wifes blue book and ID photo copies passport normal. plus wife has to be with you. if you need a bit longer to sort your stuff out. it's an option.

yes a private tutor, particularly in mathematics.  Yes we plan on staying in Thailand.  I will check with Bangkok hospital in Khon kaen and see what they have for dentists.  Thanks for the Immigration O advise along with the link for books. 

On 18/11/2559 at 11:13 AM, JoeW said:
-> Home Pro just out of the city center will have what you are looking for.

-> You need to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage at KK Immigration.

1// Your Passport + copies of every page

2// 2 passport size photos

3// Marriage Certificate

4// KorKor 22

5// Letter from Phu Yai Baan stating that you are married + his blue book copy + his ID card copy + his government official card copy

6// Your wife ID card + Blue Book

7// 400,000 THB in a Thai Bank for 2 months: letter from bank stating that you have more than 400,000 THB in your account.

8// Book bank updated on the day of application showing more than 400,000 THB in your account.

(you can also show 40,000 baht of income per month from abroad )

9// Maps to your house

10// 3 photos of you and your family in front of the house showing the house number, in the back and in the living room (not a joke)

11// Witness + his/her blue book + ID Card

Seems like a lot of work, but it isn't so hard.

-> Fitness First if you want top of the line stuff

-> Asia Books or order online (amazon, etc)

-> IT Complex in the city or Central Khon Kaen will have this.

Thanks for the Home Pro tip on a mattress. I have been looking for one to for years, but never thought to look their. Anybody know if there is one in Udon Thani with the same Pillow Top Mattress? 

51 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Thanks for the Home Pro tip on a mattress. I have been looking for one to for years, but never thought to look their. Anybody know if there is one in Udon Thani with the same Pillow Top Mattress? 

Memory foam matress toppers there ok but go for a decent thickness. I find them very hot to sleep on. I quite like a firm mattress  but the old knees don't so I buy normal scatter cushions and have one in bed slap it between the knees before sleep works a treat.Home pro have the thin type never seen a decent thickness one. try this website

http://bangkok-latex.com

17 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Two big home stores on the right hand side of HWY 2  on the way to Nong Khai , just north of the bypass.  Central Mall also.  Don't forget to look at the real Lazy Boy recliners at central too. I bought an off brand from home pro first and it jammed up in one month. I got the fabric Lazy Boy that reduces the price buy 10,000 baht and I love it. They only have leather in store but their delivery service is really good and they make you sign all the warranty stuff when they deliver. I have a friend who had his reupholstered free of charge a couple years after as one piece of fabric did not match right. Good luck.

Preschool  - check out Mataneedol. They go from Headstart to G6. Classes in the Kindergarten range  (K1,2,3) are split in two by age. The younger half in A and the older half in B. Each class has both a Thai and Western home room teacher. Our twins are in K3B  they are doing well in Thai and have mastered the alphabet and numbers. Wish I could say the same for myself.

Dental  KKU has a clinic in the center near one of the bus stations [not the one closest to Prachasamoson Road]. Pediatric dentist is there on Saturdays.

Books   Asia Books as mentioned then there is Kinokuniya in Bangkok which will ship. Lots of kids books in English n their web site. Also consider getting a Kindle.

NonO extension  go to Immigration they will give you a list of the requirements in English. Home inspection when it happens can come with as little as 45 minutes advance notice. Our plans to use the moobaan sales rep and security guard were nixed as they had to each reside in the same area as us. The inspector solved this by taking my wife to the village official who vouched for me. We brought him a nice basket of fruit a few days later.

23 hours ago, malt25 said:

When you are ready for some books, check out...    http://www.dasabookcafe.com/

They have a tremendous range, all catalogued on XL spread sheet. Included are instructions how to order.

I've used them several times. Very fast & efficient & prices extremely reasonable.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.....     Mal.

Glad to endorse everything you say about Dasa, Mal.

I have used Dasa Books since their early start-up days of mail order;  never had any problems, either in costs or delivery.

On 19/11/2016 at 4:30 PM, al007 said:

Most hospitals even the small ones have dentists there a lot of the time, My wife and her children go there at BangFang 20 kms west of KK, and best of all its almost free

Not if you need false teeth or a brace!

Dentist, we take our child to one across from Fairy Plaza, Modern Dentist. Schools: have Mantadeedol, Penbury, Khon Kaen International school, KKVS, all have English and Thai speaking teachers. Visa,  KK immigration in my opinion are extremely helpful and efficient. Done 2 visas there plus 90 reporting and in and out pretty quick. Have a run up there with your missus and they will tell you everything you need. 

• 5 months later...
3.  Tutor for my 7 year old, must have masters degree in education.

Are you new to the area? Just asking as I think you may be setting your sights a bit high. Do you mean private tutor?

4.  a pre school for my three year old.  She only speaks English.

There is a bilingual school there. Not sure if they do pre school. At 3 years old she will have no problem picking up Thai very quickly. Are you planning on staying in Thailand for the long haul? If so a Thai speaking school with some English would be better.

Any idea of the costs per child?
I am possibly moving to kk and have a 7 yr old Thai girl with better English than Thai as she lived abroad with us for past 4 years. She understands most thai but is pushed to reply and usually reverts to English.
My 3 yr old boy speaks English and has jus started learning Thai. So it's a worry for us that they can get a decent school that won't cost the earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived