Now what?

sipi

So last year I lugged the Nikon D3200 off the the village for 4 weeks with the standard 18-55mm and 55-300mm lenses. Photoshop installed on the laptop. I have been visiting this village for over 3 decades, they all welcome my visitation and enjoy having their photos taken. So, what could possibly go wrong?

Nothing apparently, both the photos I took looked ok.The problem is, I am new to digital. I just don't know what to do in spite of being in a photography wet dream,  just surrounded by willing subjects and wonderful opportunities. This time I am leaving the "brick" behind and simply taking a "point and shoot" camera. I will lug the laptop with Photoshop along.  Also the phone with some enhancement apps. Snapseed, Coloursplash and Photoshop. To be continued. .....

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

Looking forward to see the result so we can see the difference between original and processed picture.

Thanks Halfaboy.

Other than clip the red bottle lid from the right bottom corner there doesn't seem much more to do. It isn't a sunset or farm shot so no point in highlighting the reds or greens. I might try another shot next week.

11 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

To be honest I played already a little bit with a photo package to see if I could make any improvement. The idea was that I wanted to compare my result with yours.

No problem and have fun !

This was done by a fellow member as an example. I really like it.

received_742199302598145.jpeg

what are your photos saying? it's not clear to me because there's too much in the composition, go tighter on the subject, as in the final shot of the cows head - unfortunately it's not in focus. think about depth of field to bring some life to the photos.

19 minutes ago, samsensam said:

what are your photos saying? it's not clear to me because there's too much in the composition, go tighter on the subject, as in the final shot of the cows head - unfortunately it's not in focus. think about depth of field to bring some life to the photos.

Thanks. I tried autotune with snapseed to see if it made any difference and they look the same to me. Tried "cool" with lightroom and it looked old.

What am I trying to say? Dunno.

It doesn't surprise me about the quality. My eyesight is shot and I am using a phone with a smashed screen. 

Nevermind.

Archived