Thai girls that dont like Thai guys- Red flag?

Basoon

It seems like after talking to various thai women here there seems to be some consensus among these women that thai men are just completely untrustworthy and undateable.  I dont know how accurate this generalization seems to be or perhaps is this just a red flag for that particular thai girl since it means she only wants to date Westerners for ulterior motives?  Whats your take on this?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bingo you have figured them all out, go to the front of the class. Without being faescitious though, generalisations aside, I imagine there are numerous and varied reasons some Thai women arent overly enamoured with Thai men. Some would be red flags some would not. Totally dependent on what sort of woman she is and her individual wants and needs....vague enough?

The reason they are interested in westerners could be that they had previous problems with Thai men,and/or they could just be after money every one is different. There does seem to be some idea that dating a westerner will bring untold riches...it also carries a bit of a stigma for the woman. "Mia Farung" can be used as an insult.

Definite red flag

In many instances, these women tell a Western man what they think he wants to hear because they know it will make him feel more secure.

Without question, the overwhelming majority of Thai women are with Thai men. Men they can talk to and who share a common culture.

Thai women who berate Thai men are the equivalent of Western men who slag off Western women.

In both cases, they're pissed off because the desirable members of the groups they're disparaging aren't interested in them.

A Thai woman who's over a certain age, a single mother and perhaps not fitting the cultural beauty ideal might not be able to get a "good" Thai man and has to choose from a surfeit of deadbeats or slackers.

A Western man over a certain age, overweight and fairly unremarkable has less opportunity to get the attractive, slim and relatively youthful Western woman and has to choose from a bevy of overweight, headstrong harpee.

A Western man with a bit of cash looks like a good compromise even if she can only communicate with him in "Thailish".

A Thai woman with a slim body and reasonably good looks is a good compromise even if he might have to grease the wheels with a bit of dosh.

A large percentage of bar girls are there because they have been done over by a couple of Thai guys. She gets pregnant he does a runner, she has a job he runs up gambling debts. 

Given that Thai men have a bit of a reputation for being unfaithful, Mia Noi isn't a town in Issan.

Yes, some thai girls will tell the punter what he wants to hear.

Many Thai girls see westerners as more reliable, responsible and faithful, and for many Thai girls those qualities are above looks, money etc.

In case of girls who already have a child.. most Thai men are not willing to have a gf which have already a child...

But for foreigner this is not a K.O criteria.

I think this will also be a reason why some Thai girls like foreigners.

Then there are a few Thai girls which prefer foreigner, because they had bad experience with Thai men before...

And then there are a few (in my opinion) Thai girls which really like foreigners more than Thai.

But there are also a lot of Thai girls which never want to go out with a farang.

If a Thai girl don't like Thai men (or at least tell that) I think it depends what kind of girl it is.

If it is a bargirl, most of them learn, that they should tell what the "customer" wants to hear. But if this is the truth or not that will be mostly difficult to know..

23 hours ago, YeahSiam said:

<snip>

A Western man with a bit of cash looks like a good compromise even if she can only communicate with him in "Thailish".

A Thai woman with a slim body and reasonably good looks is a good compromise even if he might have to grease the wheels with a bit of dosh.

One who can speak Thai well enough also has the opportunity to meet non-English speaking Thai women who maybe have never even before met a farang so then the above deep-analysis might not hold whether the wheels get greased or otherwise.

My wife hates Thai men as her Thai BF way back beat her up and took all of her hard earned money out of the bank and pissed it up against a wall while playing cards with his mates.

She has gone so far as to tell her son, that if he turns into his father she will disown him.

On 11/20/2016 at 4:14 PM, Peterw42 said:

A large percentage of bar girls are there because they have been done over by a couple of Thai guys. She gets pregnant he does a runner, she has a job he runs up gambling debts. 

Given that Thai men have a bit of a reputation for being unfaithful, Mia Noi isn't a town in Issan.

Yes, some thai girls will tell the punter what he wants to hear.

Many Thai girls see westerners as more reliable, responsible and faithful, and for many Thai girls those qualities are above looks, money etc.

and then the western guy picks up the tab.

not for me thx.

1 hour ago, Pungdo said:

My wife hates Thai men as her Thai BF way back beat her up and took all of her hard earned money out of the bank and pissed it up against a wall while playing cards with his mates.

She has gone so far as to tell her son, that if he turns into his father she will disown him.

Yes, my wife is the same. After the 3rd Thai boyfriend cleaned out the bank accounts, and put her kids laptop into the pawn shop.

A few days ago, my Thai Wife told me that she doesn't like Thai men because their life is: "working the day, drinking alcohol after that, then sleep". They cheat a lot with others girls too. They don't care of and respect Womens like Westerners do. There is also, I believe, the White skin of us, Westerners, which seems "higher" in Thai culture.

This is not a reliable red flag.

On November 20, 2559 BE at 10:31 AM, Basoon said:

I dont know how accurate this generalization seems to be or perhaps is this just a red flag for that particular thai girl since it means she only wants to date Westerners for ulterior motives?

How accurate is any generalization.. I am sure for some it is true, for others it is just what they are telling you to help you feel better... but it is not uncommon that people are attracted to people of other races and backgrounds... 

Ulterior motives? - - doesn't everyone have some motive in dating anyone else? 

There are many reasons a Thai woman may say she dislikes Thai men. It could be that Thai women simply say what they think farang men want to hear. It could be a defensive move on the part of Thai women because many Thai men do not want to be with Thai women who hang with farang men.  It could be simply an attempt to cover the possibility of having a Thai boyfriend.  It could be they had a bad experience with a Thai man. It could be just plain bull . . . And, of course, it could be many other reasons.

On 11/20/2016 at 3:24 PM, sipi said:

Could it be that some Thai men like to swing in the hammock drinking whiskey all day whilst the wife goes off to work?

And then slap her around a bit at the end of the day. No wonder there are so many Toms and Ladys around town. I can fully believe some Thai girls want falang for boyfriend.

14 minutes ago, alexlm said:

A few days ago, my Thai Wife told me that she doesn't like Thai men because their life is: "working the day, drinking alcohol after that, then sleep". They cheat a lot with others girls too. They don't care of and respect Womens like Westerners do. There is also, I believe, the White skin of us, Westerners, which seems "higher" in Thai culture.

RE: They cheat a lot with others girls too

Thai girls / women are every bit as promiscuous as the men.

Did you read that Durex survey?

Men of every country are the same. We all get tired of sleeping with the same girl after 2-3 years.

Just look at all the Hollywood, sports stars. They get hot wives, but break up after few years. They move on to another hot girl. Not better, more sexy or beautiful. They are just different.

11 minutes ago, bark said:

Men of every country are the same. We all get tired of sleeping with the same girl after 2-3 years.

Just look at all the Hollywood, sports stars. They get hot wives, but break up after few years. They move on to another hot girl. Not better, more sexy or beautiful. They are just different.

Can I quote you next time I get caught cheating ?

" thai men are just completely untrustworthy and undateable"

If that is what the lady says then of course she has ulterior motives if she is seeking a "Westerner" 

She probably wants a man she thinks will be trustworthy and dateable ???????????????????????

On 11/20/2016 at 3:59 PM, YeahSiam said:

Definite red flag

In many instances, these women tell a Western man what they think he wants to hear because they know it will make him feel more secure.

Without question, the overwhelming majority of Thai women are with Thai men. Men they can talk to and who share a common culture.

Thai women who berate Thai men are the equivalent of Western men who slag off Western women.

In both cases, they're pissed off because the desirable members of the groups they're disparaging aren't interested in them.

A Thai woman who's over a certain age, a single mother and perhaps not fitting the cultural beauty ideal might not be able to get a "good" Thai man and has to choose from a surfeit of deadbeats or slackers.

A Western man over a certain age, overweight and fairly unremarkable has less opportunity to get the attractive, slim and relatively youthful Western woman and has to choose from a bevy of overweight, headstrong harpee.

This is the most accurate comment I read on Thaivisa EVER!!!

After divorcing her lying, cheating drunken wife beating, non supporting, taking her hard earned up cash to fund his Mia Nois, my wife didn't want another husband of any race and it took a lot of persuading by me.

No one mentioned that us Farang often have very soft light coloured hair LOL

Even if it's Tinglish, many of us invest in talking dictionaries, sign up to online language courses to speak and even read/write, i.e. we may make more effort than they could expect from a Thai man.

Many of are more understanding and monogamous, more generous, forgiving, tolerant etc BUT.

Some us are skint, liars, wife beaters, cheating drunken, non supporting, etc.

It's often as hard for them as it is for us to find/choose a goodun!

There's probably more good luck than judgement at play.

Relying on Red Flags can be quite misleading, especially because of cultural differences/misunderstandings and expectations.

Just take your time, as you probably would in your home country but with a cross cultural relationship, allow a lot more time - or be a gambler!

45 minutes ago, alexlm said:

Serious delusions there, mate.

If any of those delusions had any basis in fact then all Thai women would be chasing the unimpressive supply of largely old white men here in Thailand. Obviously, they're not.

The truth of the matter is that it's extremely rare for a farang to be a Thai woman's first choice. I'm not saying it's unheard of but, in the main, "going farang" is a last resort

If, for whatever reason, a Thai women are unable to snare a good Thai man, most will settle for a "bad" one long before they'll throw their lot in with a farang despite the apparent draw of that white skin you think is such a boon.

It's no secret (or surprise) that the overwhelming majority of Thai women who end up with a farang are from poor backgrounds.

Archived