Thai girls that dont like Thai guys- Red flag?

Basoon

On 11/22/2016 at 11:06 AM, Grubster said:

Try asking your english speaking single nurse, dentist, doctor, banker, etc out for dinner. You may be shocked.

This is a good point. These women tend to represent an exception to the norm. They kinda fall in between stereotypes and are very rare. When a Thai women learns English very well and in turn is exposed to western ways of thinking she might find she's not satisfied with a Thai man that can't communicate in English and is unable to relate to the worldly matters she is interested in.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/20/2016 at 3:24 PM, sipi said:

Could it be that some Thai men like to swing in the hammock drinking whiskey all day whilst the wife goes off to work?

not all men do that , some like to hang out on the corner drink leo and watch the Burmese construction workers sweat profusely as they work hard for money for their family , usually wife is also on site also working . thai men ....well they ...   ...   ...    nuff said .

Well we have heard all the generalisations. My experience - out of about 20 farang i know only 2 have been in marriages which have broken up in the last 7 years. All of them are married to Isaan girls. Security is their wives first desire, but they do seem to mainly look after their husbands very well.

And many more girls are looking ....... nearly all divorcees with Thai ex-partners. Says it all really.

These are mainly retired farangs. Younger, working ex-pats may have different experiences. 

7 hours ago, rickudon said:

Well we have heard all the generalisations. My experience - out of about 20 farang i know only 2 have been in marriages which have broken up in the last 7 years. All of them are married to Isaan girls. Security is their wives first desire, but they do seem to mainly look after their husbands very well.

And many more girls are looking ....... nearly all divorcees with Thai ex-partners. Says it all really.

These are mainly retired farangs. Younger, working ex-pats may have different experiences. 

When the money starts drying up, then you see the real attitude.

Many Thai women will just go looking for another meal ticket to catch.

I know a Thai woman from Sukhothai who worked in Taiwan for 3 years.

She said she would not want to marry a foreigner, and prefers Thai men over foreign men, including Asians who are not Thai. She met her Thai husband abroad, and returned to Thailand to marry him and start a family. They are now happily married with 2 children.

As for the "Thai man no good" cliche, it's because Thais know what those types of women are really up to, and what the consequences will be. More like, clueless man good, smart man no good.

On 11/22/2016 at 0:29 PM, williamgeorgeallen said:

probably less than 10% (rough guess) of thai woman work in bars or massage parlors but from what i have seen most of the westerners thai girlfriends come from a bar or massage background. i said most. many westerners deny this of course like it is something to be ashamed of. this leads to putting too much trust in their girlfriend which is where the problems start.

it is in the culture where thais think it is polite to tell each other what they think they want you to hear. this of course means that most things they say need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Maybe this is true of the Western-Thai couples you know, though my experience is different.

Of the four couples I can think of that live closest to us, one lady is a long-time restaurant owner and classically trained chef (Europe), one is a language translator that met her husband in Belgium, one is a lawyer married to lawyer from the USA, and one is the local Asst. Amphoe (district officer). 

So as you see, the generalization of most being former bar girls really does not carry in all circles...

Cheers!

24 minutes ago, Wanderer555 said:

Maybe this is true of the Western-Thai couples you know, though my experience is different.

Of the four couples I can think of that live closest to us, one lady is a long-time restaurant owner and classically trained chef (Europe), one is a language translator that met her husband in Belgium, one is a lawyer married to lawyer from the USA, and one is the local Asst. Amphoe (district officer). 

So as you see, the generalization of most being former bar girls really does not carry in all circles...

Cheers!

yes this like i said was just from what i have seen over the last 10 years, of course others may have seen differently. interestingly the guys that have lost the most to their exes are the ones who tended to deny their girls were bar girls. without a doubt the happiest of my friends living here are the single ones.

cheers.

I'm going to go against the tide here and say, NO, it would not be a red flag IF one or more of the below is true:

The girl in question is:

1) A non working girl

2) She is divorced with children from a previous marriage with a Thai male

3) She is single & recently burned from a previous relationship with a Thai male

4) She's previously dated a farang, as a result of either 2/3 or both, and prefers to date farang men

5) She's well-educated, well-traveled and is open to dating anyone, regardless of ethnicity as long as they're 'jaidee'

I' daresay that a combination of the circumstances listed above would account for perhaps 90% of thai-farang relationships.

The simple fact of the matter is that Thai males across the socioeconomic strata don't set the bar very high due to their apparent:

- Laziness

- Cheating

- Drinking & gambling habits

- Sense of entitlement due to excessive mollycoddling by their parents

- Propensity for violence especially over trivial things

20 minutes ago, varun said:

I'm going to go against the tide here and say, NO, it would not be a red flag IF one or more of the below is true:

The girl in question is:

1) A non working girl

3) She is single & recently burned from a previous relationship with a Thai male

4) She's previously dated a farang, as a result of either 2/3 or both, and prefers to date farang men

5) She's well-educated, well-traveled and is open to dating anyone, regardless of ethnicity as long as they're 'jaidee'

I' daresay that a combination of the circumstances listed above would account for perhaps 90% of thai-farang relationships.

The simple fact of the matter is that Thai males across the socioeconomic strata don't set the bar very high due to their apparent:

- Laziness

- Cheating

An excellent post!

my wife: #1,2,5

her ex: 1,2,3,4,5...

enter the American! LOL

She is a lady who has her quirks & weaknesses just like all of us. Her kindness and spirit amazes me on a daily basis, and I feel fortunate to have her in my life.

cheers!

On 12/7/2016 at 5:08 PM, varun said:

The girl in question is:

1) A non working girl

- Laziness

- Cheating

Good post, one of the best thought out responses on this thread.  

I live here observations recent and longtime

Why is it when the thia guy is in trouble with the police its usually the sister or mother pays the bail

Lots of the younger girls in bars have TBF used to be mainly go go, they cleverly start ringing the girls when they know they are  barfined and gone to your room, and in an attempt to get them to leave knowing they may still get paid.

I warn girls before barfine if their phone gets busy they will be out the door no pay mayb just 100b for taxi

Look around if you go cinema rarely see farang with lady all thai couples thai’s are enjoying a higher standard of living these days thai rak thai

On 17/12/2016 at 9:32 AM, bermannor said:

what has previous reply to do with OP's topic? You only want a service by a girl and that is same as anywhere in the world. The only difference, you feel like a king with your small money in Thailand, in your country you may be just another wallet.

Ha ha the old you live here your a bar hugging cheapie charlie nice one  well can you assume all you want, I am here to enjoy more than the good weather what are you in pattaya for the culture go figure

Spent only have a day in Pattaya more than 40 years ago, never returned. Have seen most of Thailand except the deep South. Prefer to observe peoples, specially foreigners and how they behave and travel to areas where I don't meet one, often for more than a week. No places to "barfine"a girl..

• 1 month later...
I know a Thai woman from Sukhothai who worked in Taiwan for 3 years.
She said she would not want to marry a foreigner, and prefers Thai men over foreign men, including Asians who are not Thai.

This makes sense too. I find most of the women here that say "Thai man no good" are from or connected to Isan somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Here's the issue IMO - class remains a huge factor in Thailand, there is very little upward mobility via marriage. This means that for a working class or lower middle class woman (which is by far the largest group in Thailand), her pool of Thai suitors is limited to working and lower middle class men. As in the west this means they earn less money, and often tend to booze more, fight more and struggle more. Marrying a westerner tends to mean that at least the financial aspect is improved, even if that westerner is also working or lower middle class.

In short, most of the women who say this type of thing (not all) tend to be working or lower middle class. It is rare that an upper middle or 'hi so' Thai woman marries a westerner, since they have access to wealthier Thai men that tend to drink less, have less stress and live life with far less struggles.

In short, 'I don't like Thai men' actually often means 'I don't like the Thai men that I have access to'.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Here's the issue IMO - class remains a huge factor in Thailand, there is very little upward mobility via marriage. This means that for a working class or lower middle class woman (which is by far the largest group in Thailand), her pool of Thai suitors is limited to working and lower middle class men. As in the west this means they earn less money, and often tend to booze more, fight more and struggle more. Marrying a westerner tends to mean that at least the financial aspect is improved, even if that westerner is also working or lower middle class.

In short, most of the women who say this type of thing (not all) tend to be working or lower middle class. It is rare that an upper middle or 'hi so' Thai woman marries a westerner, since they have access to wealthier Thai men that tend to drink less, have less stress and live life with far less struggles.

In short, 'I don't like Thai men' actually often means 'I don't like the Thai men that I have access to'.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Nailed it. I'd just add those women typically seem to be a bit naive too in the sense that they assume a western man will by default be any different (just like some of us are naive in thinking we're automatically getting a better girl over here).

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• 2 months later...
On 22/11/2016 at 7:43 AM, Pungdo said:

My wife hates Thai men as her Thai BF way back beat her up and took all of her hard earned money out of the bank and pissed it up against a wall while playing cards with his mates.

She has gone so far as to tell her son, that if he turns into his father she will disown him.

My wife was married to a policeman.  She was single for 7 years before we met and would not marry another Thai if she could not find a foreigner.   She is one of many Thai women I have met who would not have another Thai bf.  We are together 11 years, nearly 8 years in my country and now nearly 4 years here and many of her friends feel the same as her.  Burned too badly and not wishing to repeat history.  Thai men are mostly not good husband material.  It is too easy to play around here and there is social pressure to have Mia nois. 

5 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

My wife was married to a policeman.  She was single for 7 years before we met and would not marry another Thai if she could not find a foreigner.   She is one of many Thai women I have met who would not have another Thai bf.  We are together 11 years, nearly 8 years in my country and now nearly 4 years here and many of her friends feel the same as her.  Burned too badly and not wishing to repeat history.  Thai men are mostly not good husband material.  It is too easy to play around here and there is social pressure to have Mia nois. 

i have met many thai girls who say they dont like thai men. many of them have thai boyfriends. we want to believe they prefer western men but it is not true in most cases.

Archived