Could someone please ID this picture?

wellred

Hi all,

I'm going to Thailand next month and just came across this picture on google. It looks like somewhere in the south but I'm not sure where.

I thought I'd ask here in case anyone might recognise it.

Thanks

7d50a97ee4f194f3658f3756927d9c58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, MoonUnit said:

I would have loved to have gone to Turkey one day, but the present situation just doesn't fill me with much hope for our safety anytime soon. 

We spent about a week in and around this area back in 2008.  Absolutely beautiful.  Would love to go back someday.  The day cruises in that area are great.

We were in Istanbul a few weeks ago, just before the more serious warnings came out.  Hardly any tourists.  Not sure I'd go there now.  Too bad for the locals who depend on tourists!

4 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

We spent about a week in and around this area back in 2008.  Absolutely beautiful.  Would love to go back someday.  The day cruises in that area are great.

We were in Istanbul a few weeks ago, just before the more serious warnings came out.  Hardly any tourists.  Not sure I'd go there now.  Too bad for the locals who depend on tourists!

My company in London has been warning us about visiting Turkey for the last two years.  Many colleagues still go there for their holidays which is their obvious right and prerogative.

Personally, no way, and the attack on Atatürk airport last summer was the final straw.  Absolutely, no way.

1 minute ago, wellred said:

Thanks all. I did try google image this morning but couldn't seem to find a link with an accompanying description.

Maybe someone can help us with the navigation of Google Image and the OP's photo.  Many thanks in advance.

49 minutes ago, MoonUnit said:

My company in London has been warning us about visiting Turkey for the last two years.  Many colleagues still go there for their holidays which is their obvious right and prerogative.

Personally, no way, and the attack on Atatürk airport last summer was the final straw.  Absolutely, no way.

Understood!  But with respect, you are probably safer there than riding a scooter here! LOL

8 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Understood!  But with respect, you are probably safer there than riding a scooter here! LOL

Understood, Craig.  But my wife and I are well covered by travel insurance for scooter riding in LOS and, yes, we could be run over and squashed.

But choosing to visit a known terrorist hotspot is in another league all of its own and it borders some of the most volatile countries in the world.  We'll stick with the scooter in LOS.

49 minutes ago, MoonUnit said:

Maybe someone can help us with the navigation of Google Image and the OP's photo.  Many thanks in advance.

Click the link in post #8, click on the camera icon, insert image URL and click search.

1 hour ago, MoonUnit said:

Understood, Craig.  But my wife and I are well covered by travel insurance for scooter riding in LOS and, yes, we could be run over and squashed.

But choosing to visit a known terrorist hotspot is in another league all of its own and it borders some of the most volatile countries in the world.  We'll stick with the scooter in LOS.

I've rarely seen travel insurance that covers scooters.  Are you sure?  Not trying to be argumentative, but we've had this discussion many times here.  Usually some fine print that's the problem.

17 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I've rarely seen travel insurance that covers scooters.  Are you sure?  Not trying to be argumentative, but we've had this discussion many times here.  Usually some fine print that's the problem.

Our comprehensive Bupa travel insurance covers all eventualities on a scooter, as long as we're both wearing skid lids and the driver is insured and has a valid licence.  I've read the small print and covered it well with the provider.  We've been safely insured for years.

It's not cheap travel insurance either, unlike some of the 30 quid Mickey Mouse rubbish you'll find with a quick Google search.

You get what you pay for and you've definitely a lot to learn, Craig.

12 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

... but we've had this discussion many times here.  Usually some fine print that's the problem.

Oh, and be careful of listening to barstool bandits on TV forum who think they know it all but know nothing.  That's the problem.

Do your own in-depth investigation and you'll be fine. 

1 minute ago, MoonUnit said:

Oh, and be careful of listening to barstool bandits on TV forum who think they know it all but know nothing.  That's the problem.

Do your own in-depth investigation and you'll be fine. 

You learned a lot in the 9 hours that you are a member.

30 minutes ago, MoonUnit said:

Our comprehensive Bupa travel insurance covers all eventualities on a scooter, as long as we're both wearing skid lids and the driver is insured and has a valid licence.  I've read the small print and covered it well with the provider.  We've been safely insured for years.

It's not cheap travel insurance either, unlike some of the 30 quid Mickey Mouse rubbish you'll find with a quick Google search.

You get what you pay for and you've definitely a lot to learn, Craig.

BUPA is great.  Just need a motorcycle license from your home country.  I thought there were some limitations with regards to 3rd party liabilities? 

I've used BUPA in the past.  Paid up rather quickly for a claim also.

BUPA is great.  Just need a motorcycle license from your home country.  I thought there were some limitations with regards to 3rd party liabilities? 

I've used BUPA in the past.  Paid up rather quickly for a claim also.

I haven't got a motorcycle licence but my wife has a Thai licence and insurance which keeps us covered.

Third party liabilities? Like I said, you've a lot to learn, Craig.

7 hours ago, MoonUnit said:

I haven't got a motorcycle licence but my wife has a Thai licence and insurance which keeps us covered.

Third party liabilities? Like I said, you've a lot to learn, Craig.

As long as she's driving you're OK.  Can't imagine sitting behind my wife while she drives! LOL  But that's just me.

P.S. be nice.

On 20/11/2016 at 10:49 AM, Peterw42 said:

Are you sure its Thailand ? Nothing about the food looks Thai, olives ??? The vegetation also does not look tropical or Thai.

Also there is a condiment set of olive oil and vinegar on the table - that's typically Greek.

Archived