Non Imm O visa (Thai Spouse) - Single Entry to Multiple upon landing

Hello Everyone,

I have just received my Non Imm O visa based on Thai spouse. It is a Singe entry visa as I was informed by the embassy here (I am from Bangalore , India) that they would not issue a multiple one.

I need to travel out of Thailand within 2 weeks (somewhere in second week of Dec 2016) but will be back in Thailand by the 3rd week of Jan 2017. My query is that once I reach Thailand (last week of Nov 2016 ) can I convert this visa to a "Multiple Entry" immediately (say within a week)? If this is possible then I can get it stamped for "Multiple" entries and need not worry about visa applications anymore to enter in Jan 2017.

Your advise and help will be sincerely appreciated.

Best,

LokHkt

Visa allows 90 day stay and a re-entry permit can be obtained for travel during that time period and allows return with the same original permitted to stay until date.  You can not obtain a multi entry visa in Thailand - only extensions of stay by meeting the financial requirements.

You cannot change to a multiple entry visa.

You can apply for a re-entry permit that will keep the remainder of the 90 day entry valid when you enter the country using it. A single re-entry permit costs 1000 baht and a multiple is 3800 baht. You can get one at an immigration office or either airport in Bangkok on departure from the country.