Why most cars on Thai Roads have very low HP?

Lammbock

On 11/30/2016 at 4:39 AM, madmax2 said:

Really not safe to drive at 120mph in thailand

fastest i have ever driven here is on the road between the boat terminal at Surat Thani and Krabi before people started to build along it, a long straight road like you find in North West Australia

Drove at a maximum of 135kph/85 mph , still had the occasional motorbike or dog appear from nowhere which you had to slow down quickly to avoid hitting  

I been driving in 297kph, been caught in speed traps in 180. 500 Baht fine. lol. Back home they would impound my car and put me behind bars :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, mortenaa said:

I been driving in 297kph, been caught in speed traps in 180. 500 Baht fine. lol. Back home they would impound my car and put me behind bars :D

Hey that is quite quick ... even downhill with a following wind ... show me the photo ...:smile:

19 hours ago, mortenaa said:

In Australia they would put you on the front page of the newspaper, put you on the TV news shows and label you as a hoon, impound your car, send you to jail and of course you would never be allowed to drive ever again. 

Here in Samui I regularly overtake the police cars and speed away. They simply don't care about this kind of thing. 

2 minutes ago, johng said:

Even if you're a world class formula 1 or NASCAR driver you shouldn't be doing those sort of speeds on Thai roads...its reckless.

Tell that to the lambo/ferrari crew that passes me in 320, when I am lurking down the road in 270 :P

9 hours ago, mortenaa said:

I sold that car already. Will be something coming along down the line, but not within the next few months.. 

I didn't think that my comment was that subtle :smile:   ... that car was the blue respray job, it did look nice ...guess you miss it, probably for the best though......

Archived