First Frost Greets Tourists At Doi Inthanon

webfact

First Frost Greets Tourists At Doi Inthanon

By Khaosod English -

5235913007049.jpg

CHIANG MAI — The first frost of the year arrived Monday morning atop of Doi Inthanon in Chiang Mai province’s Chomthong district, exciting Thai tourists who for days had been awaiting the temperature to drop low enough to witness the phenomenon.

Temperatures dropped to 3C at Kiew Mae Pan sightseeing spot on Doi Inthanon as cold weather from China moved southward to the upper parts of Northern Thailand. Grass as well as roadside weeds were frozen on the road leading to the summit of the mountain . Being a tropical country, Thai tourists have always cherished instances of cold climate.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/weather/2016/11/21/first-frost-greets-tourists-doi-inthanon/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-11-21

1 hour ago, hml367 said:

Certainly not 3 degrees, but it was 20 degrees outside my front door this morning..... so it was cooler out in the open.. 

Beautiful blue sky and green trees and plants!

You're right, it couldn't have been only 3 degrees, it must have been lower for frost to form.

6 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

You're right, it couldn't have been only 3 degrees, it must have been lower for frost to form.

there was no frost outside my front door - where it was certainly not 3 degrees, but 20 degrees.

Just now, hml367 said:

there was no frost outside my front door - where it was certainly not 3 degrees, but 20 degrees.

Must be a completely false report then.  But then again no one claimed there was frost outside your front door, did they?

4 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

Must be a completely false report then.  But then again no one claimed there was frost outside your front door, did they?

I don't know if the report is true or false.

I am rsferring to outside my front door. You, apparently, are mixing the place where it is repirted to be 3 degrees and assuming that is what I was referring to. You woyld be wrong in that assumption.

Or you could just be looking to argue.

2 hours ago, hml367 said:

Certainly not 3 degrees, but it was 20 degrees outside my front door this morning..... so it was cooler out in the open.. 

Beautiful blue sky and green trees and plants!

1 minute ago, hml367 said:

I don't know if the report is true or false.

I am rsferring to outside my front door. You, apparently, are mixing the place where it is repirted to be 3 degrees and assuming that is what I was referring to. You woyld be wrong in that assumption.

Or you could just be looking to argue.

You responded to an OP which said the temperature was down to 3 degrees with..."Certainly not 3 degrees,"  so it would not be unreasonable to think that you were doubting the OP. 

Leaving out the comma after your first phrase would have been a good idea if you were only referring to your place instead of separating the two phrases.

17 degrees outside my front door the AM, it's starting to get nippy.

If you've never seen it it's worth going up Doi Intanon to the frost line at this time of the year. Nice and sunny at sea level but as you get higher the colder it gets, at the frost line it will be downright miserable, freezing cold, fog, rain, just like England - dress warmly, the locals will be kitted out in head to toe North Face.

Archived