Jump to content

The anti-Trump resistance takes shape: 'Government's supposed to fear us'


webfact

Recommended Posts

In America, the term "Elite" is used to mean "intellectually and morally superior" to YOU, deplorables.  But surprise - America was created partly to get rid of the aristocratic elite.  Lafayette, who fought in America on behalf of the Americans, was a promoter of the concept of the dignity of the common man and later returned to France to play a pivotal role in the French Revolution.  What is being lost in the interpretation of the victory of Donald J. Trump over the liberal elites is that it is a victory for the common man despite its other aspects.  It is a triumph for the common man who is sick of being told that he is deplorable in comparison to the politically correct cognescenti.  It is truly a victory from the heart of America and is in concord with deeply held American ideals as set forth in the Declaration of Independence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some more interesting musings about the anti-trump resistance, this time in the context of the Hamilton thingie.

As I've said, it's not focused yet.

It may never be.

But it's early days.

 

A phrase worth emphasizing from the link:

this is going to be a very long and ugly fight

 


 

Quote

 

The Hamilton-Pence Incident Was More Than Just a Distraction

...

But to me, the more interesting divides exposed by the Hamilton flap are those within a left that, less than two weeks after Election Day, is still staring at the smoldering crater and trying to figure out what kind of resistance can grow along its fringes. If the big divide right now among progressives is between those who feel that the Democrats should be primarily concerned with economic populism and those who believe that a coalition based on identitarian concerns can’t be left by the wayside, the intra-left split over Hamilton reflected that. There has always been a portion of the left that shares with a portion of the right a fundamental mistrust of Hollywood, of art, of pop culture. The right may think it is all  degenerate — a word Trump has used about art that offends him — but the left thinks it's all frivolous, insubstantial. An opiate for the masses, and a way of not looking at real issues.

...

You can do two things if you’re on a stage: Show or tell. There are those who feel Hamilton should have stuck with the first; instead, the cast and production team chose, for one night, to do both. While this is going to be a very long and ugly fight, I'd award them a narrow victory-by-decision in Culture Wars, Round One.

 

http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/why-the-hamilton-pence-incident-matters.html?wpsrc=nymag

Link to post
Share on other sites

The result of the US election was recently said to result from the "Revolt of the Deplorables".   Clinton called Trump supporters "The Deplorables" as we may all recall.   That single line, along with the constant barrage of sexist, and sexual assault claims, programmed to emerge one a week, did her in.   She may just have sneaked over the line if it hadn't been for those two points.  It would have been obvious to anybody with an IQ barely into double figures that the women making allegations were programmed to emerge, and probably paid to do so.   Disgusting conduct, but what we had come to expect from Clinton.   

The last of the "sexual assault victims" to come forward was allegedly groped by Trump on a flight 37 years ago!!!   At the time she didn't report it to the airline, nor the police.  She didn't tell any members of her family, yet 37 years later she comes forward and makes the allegations, just coincidentally during an election campaign in which Trump has a good chance of winning, and as history will record, went on to win with a huge majority.  Give me a break!!!

 

Well the left may say that Trump was the worst presidential candidate in US history, but it was touch and go who it really was, Trump or Clinton!!!  There was no more than a hair's breadth in that competition, unlike the actual result of the election which was a landslide.

 

I'm I little like Dirty harry right now having forgotten how many rounds he's squeezed off, and the purpose, if there is a purpose, of the Democrats' bad behaviour, has been lost to me, so can somebody tell me what they are raising hell about?   Or is it nothing in particular?  I guess when you're on welfare payments, funded by the democrats, attending a demonstration against a future administration that may threaten those payments seems like a worthwhile way to spend a day???

 

Is it just that they didn't like the result?   Do they want another election?  Please don't tell me that Clinton gained a majority of the popular vote, because that is irrelevant.   Is there something more sinister?   Do they want to destabilize the entire country?   Are they just sore losers, and that would appear to me to be what it is?  Do they want the electoral system changed so that the winner of the popular vote wins?   That could work against the democrats in the future, and then there will be another round of poor behaviour, protesting the result.

 

The election was won by Trump in a well established, and time honored, democratic process, and that should be the end of it, except for.....the democrats, who are still abusing, harassing, threatening.

 

It seems that the left of politics doesn't vary much from country to country.....we're seeing it in the US right now, we saw that in the Brexit vote (where the left losers demanded another vote!), and we see it in Australia time and again, and no doubt other countries.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

In America, the term "Elite" is used to mean "intellectually and morally superior" to YOU, deplorables.  But surprise - America was created partly to get rid of the aristocratic elite.  Lafayette, who fought in America on behalf of the Americans, was a promoter of the concept of the dignity of the common man and later returned to France to play a pivotal role in the French Revolution.  What is being lost in the interpretation of the victory of Donald J. Trump over the liberal elites is that it is a victory for the common man despite its other aspects.  It is a triumph for the common man who is sick of being told that he is deplorable in comparison to the politically correct cognescenti.  It is truly a victory from the heart of America and is in concord with deeply held American ideals as set forth in the Declaration of Independence.

 

Elite now means holding power or influence and/or filthy rich. 9 figures and up. There's no intellectual or moral superiority about it. Trump is an elite and you would be hard pressed to find anyone he is intellectually or morally superior to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, F4UCorsair said:

The result of the US election was recently said to result from the "Revolt of the Deplorables".   Clinton called Trump supporters "The Deplorables" as we may all recall.   That single line, along with the constant barrage of sexist, and sexual assault claims, programmed to emerge one a week, did her in.   She may just have sneaked over the line if it hadn't been for those two points.  It would have been obvious to anybody with an IQ barely into double figures that the women making allegations were programmed to emerge, and probably paid to do so.   Disgusting conduct, but what we had come to expect from Clinton.   

The last of the "sexual assault victims" to come forward was allegedly groped by Trump on a flight 37 years ago!!!   At the time she didn't report it to the airline, nor the police.  She didn't tell any members of her family, yet 37 years later she comes forward and makes the allegations, just coincidentally during an election campaign in which Trump has a good chance of winning, and as history will record, went on to win with a huge majority.  Give me a break!!!

 

Well the left may say that Trump was the worst presidential candidate in US history, but it was touch and go who it really was, Trump or Clinton!!!  There was no more than a hair's breadth in that competition, unlike the actual result of the election which was a landslide.

 

I'm I little like Dirty harry right now having forgotten how many rounds he's squeezed off, and the purpose, if there is a purpose, of the Democrats' bad behaviour, has been lost to me, so can somebody tell me what they are raising hell about?   Or is it nothing in particular?  I guess when you're on welfare payments, funded by the democrats, attending a demonstration against a future administration that may threaten those payments seems like a worthwhile way to spend a day???

 

Is it just that they didn't like the result?   Do they want another election?  Please don't tell me that Clinton gained a majority of the popular vote, because that is irrelevant.   Is there something more sinister?   Do they want to destabilize the entire country?   Are they just sore losers, and that would appear to me to be what it is?  Do they want the electoral system changed so that the winner of the popular vote wins?   That could work against the democrats in the future, and then there will be another round of poor behaviour, protesting the result.

 

The election was won by Trump in a well established, and time honored, democratic process, and that should be the end of it, except for.....the democrats, who are still abusing, harassing, threatening.

 

It seems that the left of politics doesn't vary much from country to country.....we're seeing it in the US right now, we saw that in the Brexit vote (where the left losers demanded another vote!), and we see it in Australia time and again, and no doubt other countries.

 

Well said. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

yep , he legally won . You can be very proud of yourselves . Just by myself , I think that this will be the most dangerous American presidency for the world , ever .

he's an thin - skinned egomaniac , who is trying to surpress the media and reacts paranoid towards anything and anybody remotely opposing him . He's trying to seclude his country and he has control over nuclear weapons , which everybody is just hoping not even he's crazy enough to use them . Kim - Jon Trump ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Watchout4 said:

He's trying to seclude his country and he has control over nuclear weapons , which everybody is just hoping not even he's crazy enough to use them .

 

Could you calify what you mean by "seclude his country"?

 

I am not at all concerned he will press a red button. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Watchout4 said:

oh , I forgot : he thinks global warming and climate change is a hoax . yes , I would feel extremely confident that your surpreme leader is going to try his best to make this world a better place for your children 

 

My children will do best if Daddy has a job. 

 

Figuratively speaking...I have great-grandkids these days; however, they will do best if their daddy has a job as well ;-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

 

Could you calify what you mean by "seclude his country"?

 

I am not at all concerned he will press a red button. 

 

 

well, he's going to abolish trade agreements and he want's to build a wall . He's saying that Islam is an ideology rather than a religion, which not many other countries are going to agree with . Is that not seclusion ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Watchout4 said:

well, he's going to abolish trade agreements and he want's to build a wall . He's saying that Islam is an ideology rather than a religion, which not many other countries are going to agree with . Is that not seclusion ?

 

Can you name any countries that do not protect their borders with some type of barrier? Perhaps some EU Countries but as an American I cannot just sneak into the EU and find a career or any other country that I am aware of.

 

Do you know of any? 

 

I think they all practice this "seclusion".

 

As for "religion" vs "ideology", I happen to think they are all "ideologies" and should not grant any type of special privilege to its members. That goes for tax breaks and special considerations for Christians as well. It is a personal choice and should be treated no differently that the person who chooses no religion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

You gotta wonder what the protests would have been like if Hilary had won. 

 

There would have been some grumbling at the morning coffee break.

 

Republicans are too busy working for a living to protest.

 

How many street protests took place with the passage of the ACA?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...