Koh Tao Alarmed By Growing Trash Pile

webfact

2 hours ago, mcfish said:

Koh larn mafia are on their last legs. It's a national park with a zillion low class "resorts". Hopefully they will bulldoze them all!

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

It's a beautifull island though, but you're right the resorts are lowclass. Also the restaurants are and they can't spea inlit.

I rented a motocy but the brakes barely worked, mai pen lai, who needs brakes going downhill with a passenger on the back...sabaai sabaai.

But if i'm on a beautifull beach i don't like to hear jetski's at all, and also there was some walkingbridge to the beach which was totally broken and very dangerous...mai ben lai...

The beachbed renters can even speak russian! That's important for them.

It's a beautifull island though, but you're right the resorts are lowclass. Also the restaurants are and they can't spea inlit.

I rented a motocy but the brakes barely worked, mai pen lai, who needs brakes going downhill with a passenger on the back...sabaai sabaai.

But if i'm on a beautifull beach i don't like to hear jetski's at all, and also there was some walkingbridge to the beach which was totally broken and very dangerous...mai ben lai...

The beachbed renters can even speak russian! That's important for them.

I love koh larn it's gorgeous and don't like to mention it to much because most tourist don't know about it but thankfully barbie doll topples Russians do!
But had a bad experience last time when a friend caught the wrong ferry and ended up on the day trip beach where there were 10000 Chinese! I couldn't believe it and the insane noise from all those boats and jet skis was literally unbearable! It has to stop

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Definitely need to approach it from a different angle. 

https://www.buzzworthy.com/sweden-good-recycling-import-trash/

"When it comes to recycling, Sweden sets an example for the rest of the world. Thanks to a government prioritization on sustainability, the Nordic country recycles 1.5 billion bottles and cans annually, a staggering amount for a population of about 9.6 million (in 2013). In terms of rubbish, Swedes only produce a measly 461 kilograms (1,106 pounds) of waste average per year—less than 1% of discard ends up in landfills. This is slightly below the half-ton average in the rest of Europe."

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/11/2016 at 0:34 PM, smedly said:

just another example of the greedy mindset - take take take but not willing to spend 1 baht on the environmental mess they create, aren't all the Islands the same - isn't there a very obvious problem that has been going on for years

I really don't think that Thai's see rubbish, just look at some of the village homes, trash everywhere !

Archived