Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry: Proposed prices, journey times unveiled, free trial period announced

Jonathan Fairfield

20 hours ago, balo said:

Should have been half the price for a one way ticket , 600 baht .  But I guess they need to earn enough money to pay for this vessel .  We have yet to seen a picture of it , will it be a comfortable ride , western standards...?  

2400 baht instead of taking the regular bus route and pay 500 baht total .   If you need to save time then fine , if not I don't see the point. 

I agree with most people wrote.

I would see a 1200 B for a car + driver

passenger 500 B

No ferry business normally expect to make money in the first year but they should build a customer base first  and the adjust their pricing .

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

In less than 2 months this company, Royal Passenger Liner Co, is set to begin operation. Do they have a picture of the exact vessel they plan to use on the innaugural runs across the gulf?

At B2400 per person for a return ticket Pattaya to HH and back, is that exepensive?.

For a group of 4 going for the day, thats B9600. . I have no plans to ever use this new service.

What do those that have thought about this service have to say?  

ultra expensive price will drop when other companys get in...better to fly

5 minutes ago, acid thunder said:

I don't understand your illegible posts, that's all and nothing personal.  Relax.

Your not English  ??

unless there is a translation mixing up my words,  I have lived long enough to know what I am posting ==and on TVF donkey's years

15 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

This is for people that don't want to have the airport hassle at each end. Other companies will be watching this with great interest.

Agreed. If the time is anywhere close to what they are saying in reality it will be around as fast as going through airports and more painless.

20 hours ago, Etrazine said:

Well by car / road it's 320km, and by boat it's only 100km, so easily possible to do it in 90 minutes... It's not like the boat's going to follow the coast all the way there.

100km in 90 minutes means an AVERAGE of 66 k p h.. No way.

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

I think you will find that the Thai word for pier (in English) looks like this -  tâa  

Saphan Pla, means "fish bridge". There are several located around the country .

A fish bridge is a structure built out to sea.. 

some even call the Bali Hai pier สะพานปลา too

Most of the many piers in Rayong that goes to Koh Samed seem to refer to themselves as สะพาน

ท่า is literally port

Airport ท่าอากาศยาน

ท่ารถทัวร์ coach terminal

But that's being pedantic using both ท่า or สะพาน is understood

But looks like it's the one down town in Huahin is the one that's being used by fishing boats... not exactly equipped as passenger terminal compared to Bali Hai on Pattaya side

3 minutes ago, acid thunder said:

Report me then.  I already informed you that it wasn't a personal attack and that I merely couldn't understand your post.

Go on, report me, and don't come back.

This is an English speaking forum, I do not normally have a person NOT UNDERSTANDING,  WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ???

21 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

66 kph no way? what is your problem?

66 kph is about 36 knots, fully within reach for monohulls and multihulls

Back wind, flat seas,  and do you think they are putting a big expensive boat on at the first sailing ??

4 minutes ago, mettech said:

I don't see very many life raft to acomodate the ammount of passengers or life boay for the same token scary ride it would be NO THANK YOU  will not use that boat for other sail it to scrap yard,

Don't worry about that as there won't be any passengers, not at those prices.

16 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Back wind, flat seas,  and do you think they are putting a bib expensive boat on at the first sailing ??

blah!

monohull and multihull ferries around the world operate at speeds of  35-40 knots, in significant seas,

and windy conditions

just to name a very few places, Hong Kong and surroundings, the Channel, Canary Islands, Buenos Aires - Montevideo trade,

man, such ferries are all over the place

2 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

blah!

monohull and multihull ferries around the world operate at speeds of  35-40 knots, in significant seas,

and windy conditions

just to name a very few places, Hong Kong and surroundings, the Channel, Canary Islands, Buenos Aires - Montevideo trade,

man, such ferries are all over the place

Look up this company---find out what boats they have and while your at it ask who owns the company------so far I have come up against a brick wall.          I agree about the boats you mentioned----------but do they have   ??

1 hour ago, acid thunder said:

I don't understand your illegible posts, that's all and nothing personal.  Relax.

Wow!  You've been a member less time than I've had my shorts on today and already engaged in a little sparring.

'Ginjag's post is perfectly logical as well as #142, if you read it, and you can, as it's not illegible .. :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Wow!  You've been a member less time than I've had my shorts on today and already engaged in a little sparring.

'Ginjag's post is perfectly logical as well as #142, if you read it, and you can, as it's not illegible .. :thumbsup:

Ha Ha ha, I thought I was going loopy,  or a translation got tangled, thanks for confirm, feel better now 

13254326_10207234398830524_119268777622256260_n (2).jpg

Archived