Three year old Thai twins "marry" to trick the spirits!

webfact

Three year old Thai twins "marry" to trick the spirits!

a1.jpg

Picture: Thairath

ANG THONG: -- Three year old twins - a boy and a girl - got married in Ang Thong province yesterday according to ancient customs and beliefs.

The ceremony with all the trappings of a real Thai wedding was held at the Chalerm Prakiat building. Relatives of the twins came to pour water from a conch shell on the couple's hands to bless them, reported Thairath.

And there was a dowry too - two baht weight of gold and 22,222 baht in cash.

The groom is called Teekhathat and his sister is Taweesaa and they are 3 years and 4 months old and hail from Talat Wiset Chai Charn in the central Thai province.

Their mum Sasi explained that the ceremony is to ward off bad luck hanging over from past lives.

Old beliefs state that when a boy and girl are born as twins they were in fact soul mates in a previous life but were unable to live together.

This causes them to be born together in this life. They must get married otherwise one of them will die.

In this way the spirits are tricked into believing they are in love and can never be separated.

A great time was had by all and now the children will live happily ever after.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-22

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Three year old twins - a boy and a girl - got married in Ang Thong province yesterday according to ancient customs and beliefs."

Wait till Kentucky and Tennessee hear about this. There will be a record amount of conversions. Best of all, they won't have to go to family reunions to find mates.

The problem is that Thais rarely mature beyond a emotional age of around 8. They are scared of the dark, superstitious, believe in ghosts, have not developed empathy for other people's situations unless it's a face making act of 'kindness', can be easily manipulated to believe in stuff straight from a Hans Christian fairy tale and want things because their classmates have them. It's difficult not to interact with Thais as though they are toys. It's difficult to take most of them seriously. I'm fine with that though. There are exceptions of course, my wife is different.

And it's all about getting attention.

"Look at me! Look at me!" Many people will look at these pictures and say "narak!". Then mindlessly send them on to friends and group chats who will say "narak!"

Well done, lady. You used your kids to get your 5 mins of fame. 

1 hour ago, jaltsc said:

"Three year old twins - a boy and a girl - got married in Ang Thong province yesterday according to ancient customs and beliefs."

Wait till Kentucky and Tennessee hear about this. There will be a record amount of conversions. Best of all, they won't have to go to family reunions to find mates.

Au contraire, we stop at second cousins. :smile:

It's okay, just a religious cermony they're not legally married as they would have to get registered. So they're still by law, single. Plus, love the cute photos of the mum!

True and believing in this is no more backwards than believing someone was crusified and camebback to life and has an invisible father in the sky.

All religion is equally funny and ss long as no real harm is done i could not care less.

2 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

It's okay, just a religious cermony they're not legally married as they would have to get registered. So they're still by law, single. Plus, love the cute photos of the mum!

Incest is not ok. It should not even be  incorporated into  a primitive ritual.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

True and believing in this is no more backwards than believing someone was crusified and camebback to life and has an invisible father in the sky.

All religion is equally funny and ss long as no real harm is done i could not care less.

This is not about other religions. Your logic is idiotic  and would excuse  the beating of a woman  because other cultures allow one to  kill the woman. The subject at hand is the incestuous practice. I have no use for those who worship before idols either, whether it is a graven image of Mary or Shiva. It is wrong.

2 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

This is not about other religions. Your logic is idiotic  and would excuse  the beating of a woman  because other cultures allow one to  kill the woman. The subject at hand is the incestuous practice. I have no use for those who worship before idols either, whether it is a graven image of Mary or Shiva. It is wrong.

Maybe you missed the part where he said as long as no harm is done.

i did not read incestuous (sexual) activity was part of this sibling marriage.

Archived