Three year old Thai twins "marry" to trick the spirits!

webfact

1 hour ago, robblok said:

True and believing in this is no more backwards than believing someone was crusified and camebback to life and has an invisible father in the sky.

All religion is equally funny and ss long as no real harm is done i could not care less.

Is this based on buddhist faith? 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

It's okay, just a religious cermony they're not legally married as they would have to get registered. So they're still by law, single. Plus, love the cute photos of the mum!

You just ruined it! Now when the spirits read this Thaivisa comment they'll go check the marriage registrations at the Ampur and know they were fooled. That'll just make them extra mad!

36 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Is this based on buddhist faith? 

I don't recall Robblock saying that.

Only you.

The importance of spirits is very much a part of Thai beliefs though as a method to explain death or the after-life. I would say it falls into a religious context. 

20 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

I don't recall Robblock saying that.

Only you.

The importance of spirits is very much a part of Thai beliefs though as a method to explain death or the after-life. I would say it falls into a religious context. 

'' All religion is equally funny ''

So not only me, eh.

Try reading the whole post before responding...

4 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Many mothers take offence at calling a new born cute, you are meant to say they are ugly in case an evil spirit hears and takes the baby away.

I can vouch for this.

Another one is when I told my wife I had a dream of her as a child. She became very worried and said that was a sign she would be dead soon. She made an unscheduled trip to Temple that day.

Why do pea-brains want to ridicule or condemn  superstitions or beliefs from cultures outside their own? Are any culture's superstitions somehow "superior" to others? I'd love some of the indignant and outraged commentators here to explain that proposition with any sort of reasonable logic.You might as well try to claim superiority for one "religion" compared with others - preposterous!  There was a time when outsiders protested that Christianity promoted and endorsed cannabalism through its iconic communion rituals (some still do).  There are some pretty "out there" beliefs perpetuated and acted upon by many westerners, with no regard for logic.

1 hour ago, PJPom said:

And we claim the christian god is better?, all religions are superstitions, some more amusing than others.

Who is "we"?

The only people who ever pose that "certainty" on Thaivisa are people like you.

Most on these pages seem to find religions in general (Christianity included) at best risible, at worst detestable.

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

This is not about other religions. Your logic is idiotic  and would excuse  the beating of a woman  because other cultures allow one to  kill the woman. The subject at hand is the incestuous practice. I have no use for those who worship before idols either, whether it is a graven image of Mary or Shiva. It is wrong.

How arrogant to think you know more than... what, 3 billion people. Make it 5 million if you include all religions.

There is no incest going on here -  it is a harmless bit of tradition.

How many people here say "bless you" when someone sneezes?  A Thai person could say you are clueless idiots thinking that spirits can go into your body when your eyes are closed and your mouth is open. I could name many more things that we, the superior beings do, but can't be arsed.  Once a basher, always a basher.

4 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

So Thais are actually admitting that their spirits are easily fooled ?

Why the need to generalize again and try to ridicule all Thais ?

Firstly, read the actual article and you'll see that the translation is wrong.  

Becoming quite a common occurrence.

The word in the Thai article is actually not, "spirits" but a type of angel and the other word doesn't mean "fool".

Still it lets those bashers with an inner hatred, or resentment vent and feel part of a fellowship. 

6 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Absolutely nothing to do with religion, not all cultures are equal, aspects of some are just stupid like this and they deserve no respect at all, just pity.

I wonder how many here have had the white thread put around their wrist when getting married,  at Songkran etc.

Wow just imagine how much that gold will be worth by the time they get to be 21. Could be the only real money left standing by then. Sometimes I feel a past life is haunting me but then I am not a twin so I must be wrong. I have had 3 wives so I often wonder if they will haunt me in the afterlife after we have all gone to the great beyond. I hope I go first so that I can go to the nether ends of the great beyond and build a bastion of survival. They were bad enough when alive. I can only envision what they would be like then all together. Can one commit suicide in the afterlife?

This is not about other religions. Your logic is idiotic  and would excuse  the beating of a woman  because other cultures allow one to  kill the woman. The subject at hand is the incestuous practice. I have no use for those who worship before idols either, whether it is a graven image of Mary or Shiva. It is wrong.

All religion is equally wrong period.
There is no incest here the mariage is not real. These kids will later really marry othets.

Maybe you missed the part where he said as long as no harm is done.

i did not read incestuous (sexual) activity was part of this sibling marriage.

Indeed if sexual activity was included and if this was a real not fake marriage id object.

5 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Incest is not ok. It should not even be  incorporated into  a primitive ritual.

Obviously you don't know what incest is but, on the off chance you do, rest assured they won't be having sex.

Archived