Nicotine Patches In Thailand

JustAnotherFarang

I want to quit smoking, its a 20 a day habit and its really getting me down. I need more than willpower and i was interested in nicotine patches but the price i was quoted was incredibly expensive at 1500bht for 7 days supply...........thas 6000 bht per month and you still need willpower on top............

So how can i find and buy these cheaper. I hear in the UK the doctor gives them for free but I have been ex pat for 6 years now and have lost touch with all and sundry in thew UK

Any suggestions guys and gals

JAF

Hi

Couple of years back a friend went back to the UK and I asked him to pick me up some patches.

The price back then was the same as UK Cigs ,so while you were quiting it cost the same as smoking.

Must admit I did find them helpfull and managed to stay off the fags for 3 months. Then the usual "oh just one won't hurt" at a party and back to square 1.

The Gum is available at most Pharmacy in LOS , make sure you read the instructions though,you're not supossed to chew it like normal gum.

Just got back down to 20 a day from 40, hopeing to get it down to 10 before my next attemp.

Best of luck

I want to quit smoking, its a 20 a day habit and its really getting me down. I need more than willpower and i was interested in nicotine patches but the price i was quoted was incredibly expensive at 1500bht for 7 days supply...........thas 6000 bht per month and you still need willpower on top............

So how can i find and buy these cheaper. I hear in the UK the doctor gives them for free but I have been ex pat for 6 years now and have lost touch with all and sundry in thew UK

JAF

Hi, I have tried these patches in the past and found them to be totally useless in this climate. I used to place one on my arm in the morning and find it in my underpants in the afternoon, the swear generated by the heat creates an excelent surface for the patches to surf around your body, they usually end up stuck to your clothing. I have found the Nicorette chewing gum to be far more effective, now into my 5th month........yippeeeeeeee.......

JAF

Hi, I have tried these patches in the past and found them to be totally useless in this climate. I used to place one on my arm in the morning and find it in my underpants in the afternoon, the swear generated by the heat creates an excelent surface for the patches to surf around your body, they usually end up stuck to your clothing. I have found the Nicorette chewing gum to be far more effective, now into my 5th month........yippeeeeeeee.......

Sorry the 'swear' should be sweat....... :o