Immigration police stepping up checks on foreigners in Hua Hin and Cha Am

webfact

Immigration police stepping up checks on foreigners in Hua Hin and Cha Am

hhh.jpg

Image: File photo

Have you received an unexpected home visit from Immigration recently? This is why.

HUA HIN: -- Immigration police are stepping up checks on foreigners living in Hua Hin and Cha Am.

The checks involve officers visiting foreigners at home to ensure they have not overstayed their permission to stay in Thailand.

Officers also want to ensure a compliance of the TM30, which requires all homeowners to register with Immigration any foreigners living in their property.

Thaivisa understands that earlier this month Immigration police were ordered to increase the number of visits made to foreigners at home in the run up to high season.

Multiple reports have since surfaced on social media of Immigration police visiting foreigners at home unannounced.

An official from immigration who spoke to Thaivisa on condition of anonymity because they are not authorised to officially comment on such matters said that Immigration police and officials from the Labour Department are also making visits to foreign owned businesses in the area.

In recent weeks, bars, restaurants and the offices of property developments have been targeted to check that all foreigners employed have valid work permits and to ensure that they are only working at the address listed on their work permit.

The news comes a day after the Thai government approved a new 10 year visa for foreign tourists.

The criteria for applicants includes:

- Over 50 years of age

- Monthly salary of 100,000 baht or 3 million baht in the bank, which cannot be withdrawn within the first year of receiving new visa

- Health insurance that covers hospital stays and provides at least USD$10,000 in annual coverage

While no date of when the new visa will be implemented has been announced, officials hope it will help to promote Thailand as a hub for medical tourism.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-23

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they go to the computer and generate a list of where the foreigners live.

They should be able to see that their visas are up to date and a valid TM30 is on file with immigration so they then decide to visit the address, to check what ?

They already know the foreigner has complied with all the regulations based on their computer records.

Or perhaps they're only visiting foreigners who they know have not complied with all the rules, like those who don't have a TM30 against their record in the immigration databases - that would make more sense.

13 hours ago, ukrules said:

They should be able to see that their visas are up to date and a valid TM30 is on file with immigration so they then decide to visit the address, to check what ?

They already know the foreigner has complied with all the regulations based on their computer records.

Or perhaps they're only visiting foreigners who they know have not complied with all the rules, like those who don't have a TM30 against their record in the immigration databases - that would make more sense.

A foreigner doesn't file a TM30 against themselves do they? 

We fill out a TM28 for ourselves.

Also, Wife and I went to H.H. Immigration yesterday to do my first one year extension. I was told they would visit in the next three or four days to take pictures of my Wife and I. Guess that is normal for first time though.

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

They came by my place for a spot check, all my documents are in order

53 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

We fill out a TM28 for ourselves.

Also, Wife and I went to H.H. Immigration yesterday to do my first one year extension. I was told they would visit in the next three or four days to take pictures of my Wife and I. Guess that is normal for first time though.

nope

2 hours ago, bubba1 said:

A foreigner doesn't file a TM30 against themselves do they? 

This has been discussed ad nauseum.

The answer is it depends on the immigration office.

For example, I live in Chonburi. Sri Racha insists the condo owner does the TM30, whilst Pattaya also in Chonburi had me as the possessor fill out my own TM30.

No idea what Hua Hin do.

15 hours ago, ukrules said:

Come on, it's the end of the month, immigration officers need money too......

2 hours ago, Tiffer said:

I'm torn between tracker chips and ankle monitors...

That did make me laugh 5555555555

lots of  foreigners think it is ok how the thai  immigration  treats them .

i think it is a <deleted> Joke but I get run down when I say it is a joke .

you should not have  mentioned the ankle monitors on here because if thai  immigration read it that will be next for them to do to full time  westerners .

1 hour ago, georgemandm said:

That did make me laugh 5555555555

lots of  foreigners think it is ok how the thai  immigration  treats them .

i think it is a <deleted> Joke but I get run down when I say it is a joke .

you should not have  mentioned the ankle monitors on here because if thai  immigration read it that will be next for them to do to full time  westerners .

Unfortunately there are a lot of farang ,Thai-bashing policemen on here who, if you so much as utter a word of complaint, will respond like greased lightning by telling you to go home if you don't like it here. They're always hovering and never sleep. It's their whole purpose in life. You can slag off farang to your heart's content mind.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

The criteria for applicants includes:

- Over 50 years of age

- Monthly salary of 100,000 baht or 3 million baht in the bank, which cannot be withdrawn within the first year of receiving new visa

- Health insurance that covers hospital stays and provides at least USD$10,000 in annual coverage

While no date of when the new visa will be implemented has been announced, officials hope it will help to promote Thailand as a hub for medical tourism.

and soon an extra requirement?:

"- must be ill"

if it serves the underlying milking purpose..

I don't know why anyone's surprised by all this over-zealous activity regarding foreigners. I reckon every junta since the beginning of time has been neurotic and xenophobic. I've been expecting it and is one of the reasons I can't understand farang cheering this lot on. It's like dangling your own whatsits in a vise and turning the handle.

46 minutes ago, scotchonrocks said:

Thailand: full of brainless thugs and xenophobes. When the foreigners finally get fed up with the bs, up sticks and leave, then what? 

more tourists every year!!!!!   millions more!!!!   MILLIONS!!!!

it seems like the foreigners enjoy this more and more and more!!!!

who cares if the poor and upset leave.....10 more will come with more money!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

Re 10 year visa...I am just under the 100000a month but if I start collecting the Canada pension plan it will work. sure dont want to keep 3 million in.the bank for a year.

I would never ever put 3 million in to a thai bank try and get it back to your home country you have no hop , my friend just tried and in the end change his thai money for dollars and took it back in cash .

3 millions in the bank for 1 year... I know many farangs who struggles to keep 3,000 baht

in the bank for one month... but as usual, there's always a caveat to what the Indian giver

is willing to part from... nothing is easy....

57 minutes ago, scotchonrocks said:

Thailand: full of brainless thugs and xenophobes. When the foreigners finally get fed up with the bs, up sticks and leave, then what? 

I have heard this refraim so many times over the years it is entertainment now. More and more people come every year and the inspections and added paper work doesn't seem to stop them.

Always liked the nail in the coffin bit a very popular saying for years, but they keep coming

Archived