be a traveler or visitor to Thailand. I will Not be an expat that jumps through

the hoops that they have to just to stay another year is LOS.  It seems that

Thailand TOT, or TAT  or the government in power will never really modernize,

too bad and really sad about that..

Geezer

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...to ensure that they are only working at the address listed on their work permit ..."

I wonder how some language centers in Thailand are ever going to get teachers in future, or how Thais can have the bare-faced cheek to ask a foreigner to teach them English privately so their "brothers & sisters" can stab him in the back with a knock on the door about work permits.

On 24/11/2016 at 0:46 PM, hansnl said:

Now, let me see, what else can we do to let the farang feel unwelcome?

Razzia?

Concentration camps maybe?

30-day visit to immigration instead if the 90-day nonsense?

Exactly .  The best thing I ever did is leave that joint . If Immigration followed people  around here there would be an outcry . If they have an overstay problem they should be more vigilant in allowing so many low life's into the country . 

Why anyone would put up with that BS  defies logic . 

23 hours ago, georgemandm said:

That did make me laugh 5555555555

lots of  foreigners think it is ok how the thai  immigration  treats them .

i think it is a <deleted> Joke but I get run down when I say it is a joke .

you should not have  mentioned the ankle monitors on here because if thai  immigration read it that will be next for them to do to full time  westerners .

Just asking but how does Immigration treat you in order for you to think it is a joke?  Now, I not having a go at you, just curious as to the kind of treatment others are receiving.  Touch wood, so far up here in the north east we never seem to experience anything else but courteous treatment.

Yes we have the 90 reporting, all the normal paperwork required and the come back in a month and we given you your extension of stay.  Inconvenience yes, but discourteous or a joke, I don't think so.  it's their rules and after all I elected to live here, I wasn't invited and rules are rules, even if we do not like them, we have to abide by them. :wai:

3 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

Just asking but how does Immigration treat you in order for you to think it is a joke?  Now, I not having a go at you, just curious as to the kind of treatment others are receiving.  Touch wood, so far up here in the north east we never seem to experience anything else but courteous treatment.

Yes we have the 90 reporting, all the normal paperwork required and the come back in a month and we given you your extension of stay.  Inconvenience yes, but discourteous or a joke, I don't think so.  it's their rules and after all I elected to live here, I wasn't invited and rules are rules, even if we do not like them, we have to abide by them. :wai:

I am saying the why you are  treated it is a joke ok you not understand that .

not me ok I leave and come here and have a problem ,but my friends are  treated like criminals ok .

you could be ok but some of the  immigration offices are bad , just read the  threads .

yes there rules , but those rules are a joke and about time thailand gets with the  21st century .

wait and see with this new 10 year vias bs you will not be happy , I not care because I would never live here full time but you will .

hop you have income of 100,000 a month or you will be out of here because the visa you do now will go for sure all about them and not you .

i can see it now , you will have to spend 100,000 a month here and they will want to look in to your bank book to make sure you do , like they do now .

then you will call it a joke .

Ive always believed the visa system here has been reasonably fair whether married, working retired or even as a tourist, however after 15 years of visas, extensions, reporting Im now at the stage especially after this announcement that things will never change. Regardless of having a wife, kids and working, to obtain any kind of permanent status is an exhaustive affair. Neigbouring and worldwide most countries offer some kind of 5 or 10 year visa for retirees or married aliens with very little financial requirements and more importantly the option of working if married. Its good for Governments to protect their own workforce but why oh why cant a married or retired person obtain a long stay visa without the enormous financial requirement and the ridiculous 90 day reporting.

1 minute ago, baansgr said:

Ive always believed the visa system here has been reasonably fair whether married, working retired or even as a tourist, however after 15 years of visas, extensions, reporting Im now at the stage especially after this announcement that things will never change. Regardless of having a wife, kids and working, to obtain any kind of permanent status is an exhaustive affair. Neigbouring and worldwide most countries offer some kind of 5 or 10 year visa for retirees or married aliens with very little financial requirements and more importantly the option of working if married. Its good for Governments to protect their own workforce but why oh why cant a married or retired person obtain a long stay visa without the enormous financial requirement and the ridiculous 90 day reporting.

I agree with you 100%  but if you read some of them here think it is all ok with the vias bs , I think it is a joke but I get put down because I tell the truth and say it is as it is a joke .

my thai partner is going for her partner visa to get to Australia and yes a partner visa not need to be married for her to live in my country Australia.

and when she gets it and she will because she meets all the  requirements she can work she can after time buy a home in her name and after 4 years become a  Australian citizen and get the  benefits that we all get . 

Do you see the thai government doing the same no , no , no .

they should do the same if my government lets thai people get all those  benefits then the thai government should do the same for Australia  nationals live in Thailand . 

One for one would be very  fair.

6 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

I am saying the why you are  treated it is a joke ok you not understand that .

not me ok I leave and come here and have a problem ,but my friends are  treated like criminals ok .

you could be ok but some of the  immigration offices are bad , just read the  threads .

yes there rules , but those rules are a joke and about time thailand gets with the  21st century .

wait and see with this new 10 year vias bs you will not be happy , I not care because I would never live here full time but you will .

hop you have income of 100,000 a month or you will be out of here because the visa you do now will go for sure all about them and not you .

i can see it now , you will have to spend 100,000 a month here and they will want to look in to your bank book to make sure you do , like they do now .

then you will call it a joke .

Hell, I'm, having enough trouble understanding what you are on about.  Why so angry, I said I wasn't having a go at you, I just asked a few simple questions and you're going off the deep end?  So you think it's a joke because your friends are treated like criminals, not you, gee sorry for getting that bit wrong.  OK, tell me how you friends are treated like criminals, it's a reasonable question, don't you think? And you think I could be treated like a criminal, how did you determine that?

You really have no idea do you, why hope that I have this or that or f I don't then I'll be out of here because my current extension of stay will go?  Where do you get all this knowledge from, guessing I'd say.  No, it's not all about them and not me it's about the rules of a sovereign nation, I have no problem abiding by them, but it appears your friend may.

You can see it now can you, not only do you think you know, which you don't,  you are a clairvoyant as well.  Who gives a toss if they want to see my passbook, they see it now.  And no, you do not have to spend B100K,  that is expenditure, they want an income, do you know the difference?   I call nothing a joke, as I said, there the rules and I abide by them, even if I do not agree with some.  You also have the same choices. :wai:

16 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

Hell, I'm, having enough trouble understanding what you are on about.  Why so angry, I said I wasn't having a go at you, I just asked a few simple questions and you're going off the deep end?  So you think it's a joke because your friends are treated like criminals, not you, gee sorry for getting that bit wrong.  OK, tell me how you friends are treated like criminals, it's a reasonable question, don't you think? And you think I could be treated like a criminal, how did you determine that?

You really have no idea do you, why hope that I have this or that or f I don't then I'll be out of here because my current extension of stay will go?  Where do you get all this knowledge from, guessing I'd say.  No, it's not all about them and not me it's about the rules of a sovereign nation, I have no problem abiding by them, but it appears your friend may.

You can see it now can you, not only do you think you know, which you don't,  you are a clairvoyant as well.  Who gives a toss if they want to see my passbook, they see it now.  And no, you do not have to spend B100K,  that is expenditure, they want an income, do you know the difference?   I call nothing a joke, as I said, there the rules and I abide by them, even if I do not agree with some.  You also have the same choices. :wai:

Ok good on you , just hop you can stay here soon when you need income of 100k 

Went along to HH Immigration this week to do my '24 hr report-in' (dunno if I still needed to or not..?)

All I can say is what a shambles this place is..Thainess in all it's glory..

* Considering it is an immigration centre no English was spoken to me.

* The man at the 1st desk who maybe was the meet+greet guy never spoke a word... English, Thai, or otherwise.

* The forms handed to you are so damn vague..(I left half the lines empty).

* 'Mr Helpful' then pointed to a side window beside him..as I approached window opens...

lady with mobile to her ear took my form & pazzy..then slammed window shut again!

* I stand around for 5 mins, window has black glass, so cannot see lady at all.

* Window opens, lady grunts at me, passport waived at me, I take it, window slams again.

The only person in the whole damn place that spoke to me was the lady doing the photocopying/selling coffee.

Welcome to Hua Hin, Welcome to Thailand..Enjoy your stay,

48 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Ok good on you , just hop you can stay here soon when you need income of 100k 

Tut, tut And you say you're from Australia? Do you gripe and complain about what happens there, I bet you do? I've never met an Aussie whiner before and I was born and bred there but then I think you may be from somewhere else originally.  Am I correct.? 

Yes it's good on me, I have that and the amount required in the bank, as well as the medical so really I do not need you to hop (hope) for anything.  I worked dammed hard for what I've got and planned before I came her, it's a shame many others don't.  You're going back, no doubt to get social security, if you not already on it.  :wai:

On 11/24/2016 at 8:46 AM, hansnl said:

Now, let me see, what else can we do to let the farang feel unwelcome?

Razzia?

Concentration camps maybe?

30-day visit to immigration instead if the 90-day nonsense?

Yep, because some guy knocking on the door once in a while to check your information is correct is just like Nazi Germany isn't it. Take that huge chip off your shoulder  (unless you have something to hide).

On 24/11/2016 at 3:43 AM, wpcoe said:

Didn't the new Immigrations office open in Tha Yang for Petchaburi Province and isn't Cha'Am in Petchaburi Province?  If so, are both provinces involved?

Tha Yang and Cha Am are both in Phetchaburi province.

9 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Yep, because some guy knocking on the door once in a while to check your information is correct is just like Nazi Germany isn't it. Take that huge chip off your shoulder  (unless you have something to hide).

I think on both shoulders.  If they hate the place so much then why do they come here?  The haters are lowering the standards, so instead of whining and denigrating Thailand and its people why don't they just "P Off." :wai:

On 11/24/2016 at 7:27 AM, AhFarangJa said:

We fill out a TM28 for ourselves.

Also, Wife and I went to H.H. Immigration yesterday to do my first one year extension. I was told they would visit in the next three or four days to take pictures of my Wife and I. Guess that is normal for first time though.

Always like this for a marriage visa.

18 hours ago, Maestro said:

Tha Yang and Cha Am are both in Phetchaburi province.

Yes, hence my question.  Since the article says the Immigrations Police are stepping up checks on foreigners in Hua Hin and Cha-Am, does that mean both provinces' (Phetchaburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan) Immigrations offices are involved?

9 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

I think on both shoulders.  If they hate the place so much then why do they come here?  The haters are lowering the standards, so instead of whining and denigrating Thailand and its people why don't they just "P Off." :wai:

We like the low cost of living. We DON'T like the constant change in rules and the inability of Thais to understand simple economics. Take the money and get the HELL out of our lives.

On November 23, 2016 at 4:53 PM, ukrules said:

So they go to the computer and generate a list of where the foreigners live.

They should be able to see that their visas are up to date and a valid TM30 is on file with immigration so they then decide to visit the address, to check what ?

They already know the foreigner has complied with all the regulations based on their computer records.

Or perhaps they're only visiting foreigners who they know have not complied with all the rules, like those who don't have a TM30 against their record in the immigration databases - that would make more sense.

I agree, it does not make any sense. Surely they have records on who is legal and who is not legal.

23 hours ago, Chip Allen said:

We like the low cost of living. We DON'T like the constant change in rules and the inability of Thais to understand simple economics. Take the money and get the HELL out of our lives.

We all like the low cost of living but who really cares about the rule changes.  Does it really affect you, hasn't affected  me.? So what do you do different that seems to cause you grief?  I pay the required amount of money once every 12 months, they see me every 90 days, at no cost, and the rest of the time there is no type of infringement of my personal liberties, never has been.

I would say that economics is understood by a lot more Thais than you give credit to so one shouldn't generalise.  And why are you saying to get the hell out of our lives?  They only come into mine 5 times a year, a grand total of about 2 hours out of 8760 and they are always courteous and have a smile on their face every time. Absolutely horrendous wouldn't you say?   :wai:

On 26/11/2016 at 5:22 PM, Chip Allen said:

The constant and unrelenting search for tea money. It never ceases and is always a factor in Thai life. If there's a bribe to be paid, cops will find it. Money number one.

Really? I started my retirement extension 7 years ago at Mae Sot and the following year the Immigration office opened at Nakhon Sawan where I have done my last 6 extensions.

Not one of the Immigration police at either office have ever asked for a bribe.

Sorry to destroy your nicely written theory but it simply isn't true.

• 2 months later...

Earlier in the week I did my 90-day reporting at Hua Hin Immigration.

I was asked to bring with me the next time I do my 90-day report (1) the house registration book and (2) to draw a map of where my house was located.

Has anyone had similar recent exoperiences at Hua Hin Immigration?

On 24/11/2016 at 8:53 AM, scotchonrocks said:

Thailand: full of brainless thugs and xenophobes. When the foreigners finally get fed up with the bs, up sticks and leave, then what? 

Don't you really mean now that foreigners are fed up.

Empty houses condos apartments and hotel room show people are fed up with it.

Archived