Evaluate' Tattooed chin lady

phuketrichard

chin state,  Burma

shot last week

Tattooed%20Chin%20Lady.wm_zpsew8axeny.jp

Nikon 7000,  18-200 mm ( shot at 84mm) F4.8 inside-flash in camera, 3264 x 4928

I have been spending more and more  time shooting outside Thailand, ( primarily Burma and Cambodia) hence reason my posts sorta dried up.

When will you all start a thread for OUTSIDE Thailand???

12 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

nope. was hoping for one se asia related.

thanks

So many of us live here yet travel nearby places would have thought this would be a popular thread,

Perhaps not a bad idea for some discussion PR.... The way we have always looked at TVF it is about "Life in Thailand"... which we've tried to keep...that way.

But seeing so many do travel to neighbouring countries, perhaps we should seriously consider this idea ....

We should have a thread for neighbouring countries ?

It puts me in a little bit of a spot here,/ conflict  as I am off the KL tomorrow, then Yangon for a few weeks after that... In the past I have limited my previous travel photos to being posted in world wide.. but I see your point!

But I think we should let members, Admin and other Mods decide... while I am away (until December 17) ...

I would say if this is allowed that any competition entries should only be Thailand...

I will send this post to Admin and Ron so as to get feed back from the top.....:smile:

11 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

nope. was hoping for one se asia related,  plus seems mostly only for Aladdin to place his photos (at least last 3 pages that i looked

thanks

So many of us live here yet travel nearby places would have thought this would be a popular thread,

I am all for your suggestion, I think it is a very good idea and would support it. 

I don't think your comment about Aladdin is warranted and have deleted that comment. Aladdin has been a very good contributor to the forum and appears to be upset about the comment.

3 hours ago, Ron19 said:

I am all for your suggestion, I think it is a very good idea and would support it. 

I don't think your comment about Aladdin is warranted and have deleted that comment. Aladdin has been a very good contributor to the forum and appears to be upset about the comment.

did not mean to upset him at all and that  was not my point

sorry if he took it that way, i was just stating the obvious

So whats the  next step? will there be a SE Asia thread opened? i would like to say make it exclusive to those countries that Border Thailand (Laos, Cambodia, Burma, Malaysia)

2 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

did not mean to upset him at all and that  was not my point

sorry if he took it that way, i was just stating the obvious

So whats the  next step? will there be a SE Asia thread opened? i would like to say make it exclusive to those countries that Border Thailand (Laos, Cambodia, Burma, Malaysia)

This thread has been started and your image " Chin State,  Burma " has been copied over to it.

It can be found here : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/955896-images-from-thailands-neighboring-countries/#comment-11375140

I do like nice sharp photos. The title is a bit confusing at first as I thought only her chin was tattooed, then when I saw the photo knew immediately that it referred to a woman from the Chin ethnic people of Burma. But then my cheeky nature took over and I thought it would have been a nice shot if she was also sitting on her chopper, whether it was a Harley or not.

As many of my own shots are from Laos I do applaud the new category too.

• 1 year later...
On 11/28/2016 at 8:05 AM, samuijimmy said:

If it has a copyright on the photo or not , regardless, the Photo belongs to the person who took the picture.

Yes, it's an ancient question , two y ago.

Sorry I didn't saw that topic .

But u don't answer at the good question written by theguyfromanotherforum .

On that photography I can see only one person ;

so PR, do u have the written permission of that person to send this photo on internet ?

( copyright or no copyright, that is not the problem )

2 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

Yes, it's an ancient question , two y ago.

Sorry I didn't saw that topic .

But u don't answer at the good question written by theguyfromanotherforum .

On that photography I can see only one person ;

so PR, do u have the written permission of that person to send this photo on internet ?

( copyright or no copyright, that is not the problem )

No person has any reasonable privacy rights in a public place<
IF i was using the photo for commercial purpose, i would need a release form

to post on  the internet or exhibit in a show, no release needed.

40 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

No person has any reasonable privacy rights in a public place<
IF i was using the photo for commercial purpose, i would need a release form

to post on  the internet or exhibit in a show, no release needed.

False;

If you shoot many people in a public place , you don't need an authorisation from each person ;

BUT if u shoot only one person, as it is on your photo, u need a written authorisation from this person for publishing, even it's on a forum without commercial purpose .

That woman , if one day she knows about that photo can ask Thaivisa for deleting the photo and also ask for a compensation. It's the law for everywhere in the world .

Do the same with me , for example, send a photo of me , alone on your photo , without asking a written authorisation and I will take legal action against u .

Many photos here on this forum must be deleted because of that.

" First off, remember that if a photo is newsworthy or will not be used to promote something, a Use of Likeness form or Photo Release is not necessary. "

u have this proof in writing? otherwise its BS

U think all celebrity  photographers/Paparazzi get model release forms signed?

You think all the great street photographers stopped and asked for the person to sign a release form?

Seems you got a real problem it seems with photos being posted, wonder why that is>
anyway, carry on with out me in this from now on...

Archived