Phuket Immigration in the dark over new ‘10-year’ visa

snoop1130

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering the new 10 year visa will be offered only to citizens of certain countries, why would anyone suggest the current 1 year extension will no longer be available. It makes no sense at all.

Quote from he Phuketnews:

"The visa would be made available to citizens of Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Taiwan, the United Kingdom and the United States, Col Apisit said"

Considering the new 10 year visa will be offered only to citizens of certain countries, why would anyone suggest the current 1 year extension will no longer be available. It makes no sense at all.

Quote from he Phuketnews:
"The visa would be made available to citizens of Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Taiwan, the United Kingdom and the United States, Col Apisit said"

Yes probably but does it replace the O-A?

55 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Do your Thai readers even know what an O-A visa is? Can they tell you whether or not this new thing replaces the current O-A visa?

I know it has been a lot of reading and most of it guess work but this was way back on about the 10 page on the original story in English that did say replace.The Thai readers were a couple of farangs members and the other 2 or 3 where farang members getting their Thai partners reading the story in it's original Thai.They all said the same thing,no mention of replace.I presume they all know what an AO is.Remember,a lot of partners do the hard work when it comes to extensions and farang just sit back and grin inanely.

TVF is treating it's members with great disrespect by not coming out on this.

58 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Do your Thai readers even know what an O-A visa is? Can they tell you whether or not this new thing replaces the current O-A visa?

It's a non Immigration visa issued outside Thailand based on over 50 =  can be used for a retirement extension once here in Thailand.

Why does most of you have so much to worry about, wait until you get the correct requirements from Immigration, as of now it's just speculations, until there are some real facts ,just relax and enjoy the weekend . If this is the fact as someone mentioned that it will be implemented from December 1, all of us will know in 5 days

Regards 

11 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm...I doubt that the left hand knows what the left hand does.TIT

No need - in Thai systems, the left hand can just make it up until the right hand makes a public announcement to contradict the left hand. And even then there is no rush to change much...

I know it has been a lot of reading and most of it guess work but this was way back on about the 10 page on the original story in English that did say replace.The Thai readers were a couple of farangs members and the other 2 or 3 where farang members getting their Thai partners reading the story in it's original Thai.They all said the same thing,no mention of replace.I presume they all know what an AO is.Remember,a lot of partners do the hard work when it comes to extensions and farang just sit back and grin inanely.
TVF is treating it's members with great disrespect by not coming out on this.
Not convincing. Thai partners wouldn't usually be involved in OA visas and have no concept of what I'm asking. Often immigration officers have no idea about Thai embassies abroad and even more vice versa. Just not buying how you're trying to whitewash this

5 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Thailand is in the dark and always has been. But used to be a charming and alluring dark that attracted people and made them want to be here. Now is just a silly, oppressive authoritative Big Brother kind of dark with the same ole idiot-ocracy running the show but pretending they actually know how. :sick:

That`s whats been the problem. Thailand has been alluring and attracting people to stay here in the past, but unfortunately it`s been attracting all the wrong kinds of people over the years and why the country has been tightening the screws and putting on increasing pressure to keep the undesirables out. This is now the same the world over, due to the fact that law breakers, terrorists and economic refugees being able to travel more freely and cheaper then ever before, governments are throwing more bureaucracy and hurdles in the way to narrow the path for those who they consider will be of benefit to their countries, as they say; good guys in, bad guys out, meaning economic as well as criminals.

That`s the way it`s become and I can assure you things won`t get any easier in the future. We have had the best of it.

4 minutes ago, sioux2012 said:

,according to the original report.... it is aimed at people living in 3 provinces, Chiang Mai, Chonburi and 1 other, cant recall.

That was only about MARKETING speak of where the think the majority of takers will be living. In no way did that language indicate that it can't be used everywhere in Thailand. 

29 minutes ago, sioux2012 said:

,according to the original report.... it is aimed at people living in 3 provinces, Chiang Mai, Chonburi and 1 other, cant recall.

The speech was made in Chiang mai to local people and he was stating how it would benefit the local area

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Not convincing. Thai partners wouldn't usually be involved in OA visas and have no concept of what I'm asking. Often immigration officers have no idea about Thai embassies abroad and even more vice versa. Just not buying how you're trying to whitewash this

Check this link and you know what it is, I got one myself.

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15385-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O-A"-(Long-Stay).html

6 minutes ago, Xircal said:

I don't think so. It's $10,000 annually, or at least that's the way I read it here: https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/11/thailand-govt-approve-10-year-visas-rich-foreign-residents/

I'm talking about the cost of the visa, your confusing it with the amount of insurance coverage required as a condition.

On 25/11/2016 at 5:58 PM, Good Lord said:

Time for many folks to marry I guess...until they crack down on that!

So far I believe one year extensions will still be available, and I hope so as I hope to renew my retirement one in the next few weeks.

8 hours ago, sioux2012 said:

How naive are you?So in your view all the poor retirees in Phuket can breath easy.Chiang Rai was the other province.

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That was only about MARKETING speak of where the think the majority of takers will be living. In no way did that language indicate that it can't be used everywhere in Thailand. 

Correct,but it is being directed at 14 so called wealthy countries only.This is a indicator that this is a seperate and different visa.

8 hours ago, Xircal said:

I don't think so. It's $10,000 annually, or at least that's the way I read it here: https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/11/thailand-govt-approve-10-year-visas-rich-foreign-residents/

Bugger me.That link was just more whinging and misinfomed farangs.One bloke had the right info with the Thai language.This is what he said,

" Only people from those 14 country's on the list could live here, the other 170 Nations would no be allowed to stay anymore? In The original Thai Text, they never mentioned one word about replacing the one year Visa by the 2 x 5 y VISA, translation has been made, and obviously a little bit wrong. Very quickly after remarks on Internet, the Text in different social media have been changed already."

This topic is about the confusion at Phuket Immigration.  The discussion of the 10 year visa  itself can be found with the original story.

The fact that there is confusion at Phuket Immigration is not surprising since they are confused about most things, including "Phuket" and "Immigration".

The fact that most people posting here seem not only confused about the new visa but also about how an internet forum works makes me repeat my question over why Thailand wants to encourage more OAP's in the first place.

Bugger me.That link was just more whinging and misinfomed farangs.One bloke had the right info with the Thai language.This is what he said,
" Only people from those 14 country's on the list could live here, the other 170 Nations would no be allowed to stay anymore? In The original Thai Text, they never mentioned one word about replacing the one year Visa by the 2 x 5 y VISA, translation has been made, and obviously a little bit wrong. Very quickly after remarks on Internet, the Text in different social media have been changed already."

Please don't let your facts disrupt good old fashioned scare mongering !
It's great entertainment [emoji23]

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Again, whether this new visa will replace the O-A visa is indeed totally unclear. 

We get that you don't get it, you have posted that 700 times on 3 different thread. My biggest concern is that you have a balcony above the 3rd floor

2 minutes ago, mcfish said:

We get that you don't get it, you have posted that 700 times on 3 different thread. My biggest concern is that you have a balcony above the 3rd floor

Thanks for that garbage. Welcome to my ignore list. 

Archived