Visit from Immigration

jamie2009

There are rules here regarding work related tasks and it all depends on how the

IO looks at the situation. Normally it would be just a word of warning but from the amount of money he had to pay it sounds like he was set up by a possible Thai business competitor. I have lived here for 12 years and have heard stories of from both sides of the fence. I guess he just did not pay up on time for the annual IM/Thai police new year party. Obviously if they were doing their job by the real rules your friend would already be locked up and being processed for deportation. It's clearly a scam and if he calls the Immigration hotline maybe he can get some justice.

32 minutes ago, chowny77 said:

There are rules here regarding work related tasks and it all depends on how the

IO looks at the situation. Normally it would be just a word of warning but from the amount of money he had to pay it sounds like he was set up by a possible Thai business competitor. I have lived here for 12 years and have heard stories of from both sides of the fence. I guess he just did not pay up on time for the annual IM/Thai police new year party. Obviously if they were doing their job by the real rules your friend would already be locked up and being processed for deportation. It's clearly a scam and if he calls the Immigration hotline maybe he can get some justice.

The Bar has only been open for a month or so, he has been told to close at 1 yet nearby Bars stay open till 2, maybe has upset some one and not mentioned it.

The IO people were sitting outside not driving past so as you say could be a jealous competitor not necessary Thai.

The Bar has only been open for a month or so, he has been told to close at 1 yet nearby Bars stay open till 2, maybe has upset some one and not mentioned it.
The IO people were sitting outside not driving past so as you say could be a jealous competitor not necessary Thai.

If he wants to stay open after official closing time he has to pay, same as the others are doing.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

The police came out to my house a couple of days ago ( butt <deleted> nowhere ), they wanted to check my visa - no problem.

They're doing a consensus right now, they were cool, slagged off a couple of ropey farangs that live here who are idiots and spout off.

Gotta play the game, if I need anything , they're available, for the sake of a smile and s couple of beers it's a no brainer.