Garbage-fuelled power plant told to suspend operations

rooster59

Garbage-fuelled power plant told to suspend operations

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4Fma4y1u750yx0AQls9vx2FLwqlqhOt8bRefIW.png

Hat Yai municipal administration has served a notice to a garbage-fuelled power plant in the district to suspend its operations on temporary basis after many residents living in the vicinity of the plant have complained against foul smell and hazardous emissions.

Mayor Prai Pattano said on Friday that he served a notice to the management of G-det Company which operates the power plant, demanding it to suspend the plant’s operations until it can fix its problem.

He said the municipal administration had received many complaints, accusing the power plant of discharging dangerous emissions into the environment in a way which may threaten their health and livelihood.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/garbage-fuelled-power-plant-told-to-suspend-operations/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-11-26

46 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

Was there an environmental assessment done prior to the investment in the business took place?

Moreover was there any air quality testing perfomred on a regular basis to confirm that the plant is omitting only it allowance per the EIS/Enviornmental Plan as submitted. Of course all of that costs money and is easily circumvented with a few envelopes as submitted in lieu of.................

3 hours ago, cumgranosalum said:

THey don't seem to have this problem in Sweden?

Sweden running out of garbage

1 hour ago, drgoon said:

Many countries should follow this example. What a great effort.

This is not advanced western nation. You are speaking like a farang. Your common sense ways of the west are not required here, you do not understand! :post-4641-1156693976:

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

demanding it to suspend the plant’s operations until it can fix its problem.

Its a goner for sure. Fixing takes money and effort. It sure looks like a Thailand "Go Fund Me" project as the powers that be will play the old shell game with any funds for fixing the problem. If its a private company they will more than likely pack up their tent. If and when that happens people the smell will really knock you over. 

25 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

This is not advanced western nation. You are speaking like a farang. Your common sense ways of the west are not required here, you do not understand! :post-4641-1156693976:

25 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

THat is an utterly facile and patronising comment - Thailand has had the same amount of time as any other country to develop strategies to deal with rubbish - just resorting to some patronising idea that they are either undeveloped or poor is simply not on...they have the money and the technology for these sort of projects is available to all......it is just that the ruling elites in these places are either too ignorant to doing anything or don't see anything in it for them.

10 minutes ago, cumgranosalum said:

THat is an utterly facile and patronising comment - Thailand has had the same amount of time as any other country to develop strategies to deal with rubbish - just resorting to some patronising idea that they are either undeveloped or poor is simply not on...they have the money and the technology for these sort of projects is available to all......it is just that the ruling elites in these places are either too ignorant to doing anything or don't see anything in it for them.

Whoa. Cool down please. Mine was an ironic or satirical or sarcastic comment. Ok?  :post-4641-1156693976: :smile:

As with many "problems" the authorities do not wish to invite those with experience to help in solving problems. The country seems hell bent on re-inventing the wheel sometimes. Is it a loss of face to seek help? :whistling:

1 hour ago, lvr181 said:

If you read what I posted d1ckhead you will see I wasn't commenting exclusively on Thailand.

Maybe you are the one who doesn't understand.... 

38 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Whoa. Cool down please. Mine was an ironic or satirical or sarcastic comment. Ok?  :post-4641-1156693976: :smile:

As with many "problems" the authorities do not wish to invite those with experience to help in solving problems. The country seems hell bent on re-inventing the wheel sometimes. Is it a loss of face to seek help? :whistling:

I don't think your are very good at writing irony, satire or sarcasm....I found the rest of your post quite stunning.....good was just not the word!

40 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Is it a loss of face to seek help? :whistling:

We can only assume that is the case as we so often see.

And in a condescending manner... Thailand will soon announce itself as a hub for recycling. 

2 hours ago, drgoon said:

If you read what I posted d1ckhead you will see I wasn't commenting exclusively on Thailand.

Maybe you are the one who doesn't understand.... 

I was, as this is what the OP was about. I am not offended by your comment. :smile:

Archived