The Eternal Mysteries of Thailand

eldragon

15 hours ago, tifino said:

the eternal mystery to me, is that are always new ones popping up every day...

today:

We were in the grocery store.

Amongst the cache of goodies is a bag of mushrooms,

and missus has put them into the paper bag, inside a plastic bag.

I, the dumb falang; knows what's going to happen...

and in preparation for the inevitable - I grab a spare paper bag...

... the CheckOut chick grabs the bag(s) and shoves her hand in and mulches the paper bag within

I turn around to grab my 'spare'

It's gone!!

"The paper bag, honey?" I ask, pointing to the basket.

In response I get the usual:

"WHY you collect Lubbish?? - I throw it away" (gotta credit her though - she's real quick, when you don't want her to be)

The eternal repeating thing I can only again do:

Is shrug and say "Yes, I  dumb falang" - and then say "I luv you too dear"

No mystery there. Your wife is far and away your intellectual inferior, but thinks she's smarter than you. That's not really unique to Thailand though, as we have plenty of these in the west too.

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I guess you right about many s/h items.

Good quality can be found from private sales of motorbikes and cars.

We found 2 fridges in great condition s/h for wife's cafe', saved a good amount. 

As long as you stick with Samsung or other brands made abroad your OK. I have Samsung in my frig and TV and microwave no complaints. Thats where it ends. 

There are many but here is one I saw today.  On the four lane divided highway today some guy in a pickup bypassed the lines of cars waiting for the light to change by pulling up in the left turn lane and jumping the light .  He was passed by every other car within two hundred meters because he was so slow.  What was the point?

On 26/11/2016 at 8:59 PM, williamgeorgeallen said:

why do western men keep buying houses in their thai girlfriends names? in fact why do western men keep buying houses in a country where doing so has been made illegal? thailand tries to protect us from being scammed but we deliberately  break the law to allow it to happen. this would be the biggest mystery i have seen in thailand.

Yes, you are right. It boggles my mind too. As if buying a house in someone's else name is the same as buying a house in your own name. It is certainty not. If you think you are a proud owner of a house in Thailand you are really living in your own dream world.

One day you will wake up because dreams can't go on once you wake up.

21 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

As long as you stick with Samsung or other brands made abroad your OK. I have Samsung in my frig and TV and microwave no complaints. Thats where it ends. 

Yep as long as you don't have a Samsung Galaxy note 7 you'll be OK. :biggrin:

On Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 4:18 PM, Emster23 said:

Thai food is great when it's made to Thai tastes. Get used to it and learn to love it.

" You give your Thai lady money and next thing she's asking for more." You picked the wrong horse in this race.

My wonder is Thais  putting catsup on pizza.

And mayo, and hotdogs, and that fake fish/ crab stick rubbish actually pretty much all non- farang made pizza in Thailand.

Why do they blast music at 5am at most events,and why are they immune to noise,i saw someone asleep once right in front of a tower of speakers the bass of which was so deep i had moved a long way back for fear it may damage my internal organs,yet this guy was asleep,even if he had shipped a generous amount of Lao Khao,how the hell could he sleep,maybe he was dead,i did hear talk of some one dying at i think it was a new year party.

5 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Why do they blast music at 5am at most events,and why are they immune to noise,i saw someone asleep once right in front of a tower of speakers the bass of which was so deep i had moved a long way back for fear it may damage my internal organs,yet this guy was asleep,even if he had shipped a generous amount of Lao Khao,how the hell could he sleep,maybe he was dead,i did hear talk of some one dying at i think it was a new year party.

Perhaps his internal organs were already so damaged there was nothing further the din could do?

Archived