Eight-month pregnant Buddhist woman shot dead in Pattani

rooster59

Eight-month pregnant Buddhist woman shot dead in Pattani

By The Nation

PATTANI:-- Muslim insurgents killed an eight-month-pregnant Buddhist woman and injured another in a drive-by shooting in Pattani Saturday night, police said.

The attack happened at 7:20 am on Pattani-Narathiwat road in Moo 4 village in Tambon Khuan of Pattani’s Panare district.

Rattikal Jawang 26, was shot at her head and body. She died at the scene. Another Buddhist woman, Saijai Thongdee, 30, was severely injured. She was shot at her body.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30300931

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-11-27

RIP Rattakal Jawang and a speedy recovery for Saijai Thongdee  and condolences to both families and friends.

And the killings go on and on and on................as they  have for years! And what have Thai governments done? Apart from talking they have done nothing because, it seems, they have no idea what to do. And have shown little interest in doing anything constructive to bringing a halt to the killings of their own people. Buying rifles for volunteers is just a cop out! It is the job of the Army and Police to stop these killings.

Unfortunately those people affected by the violence do not live in Bangkok where I am sure it would be dealt with urgency.

18 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

RIP Rattakal Jawang and a speedy recovery for Saijai Thongdee  and condolences to both families and friends.

And the killings go on and on and on................as they  have for years! And what have Thai governments done? Apart from talking they have done nothing because, it seems, they have no idea what to do. And have shown little interest in doing anything constructive to bringing a halt to the killings of their own people. Buying rifles for volunteers is just a cop out! It is the job of the Army and Police to stop these killings.

Unfortunately those people affected by the violence do not live in Bangkok where I am sure it would be dealt with urgency.

Khun Thaksin had a great idea when he divided three areas into red, yellow and green zones.

The red zones ( most terrorists) received zero money from the government, the yellow places only a little bit and the green areas had full support. Unfortunately, did they get that very fast, the Muslim terrorists then moved to the green areas while Thais in the red and yellow areas were starving. 

Here's the guy who doesn't see, hear, or talk about the problem. But he's got a good excuse which might be his under 70 quotient.  

"A fancy uniform alone doesn't make a good soldier."

Adolf Prayuth.jpg

Personally I think all religions have long since outlived their use, and the negative aspects far outweigh the positives. Time the human race moved on. There are countless hilarious put downs, easily found, that hit the nail on the head. Here's one....

images.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but this article didn't say how they decided these were Muslim insurgents?  It didn't say anyone took responsibility for the crime and it didn't say there was some argument between the two groups.  It didn't say, well... anything that would declare these were muslim insurgents???

I'm not disagreeing but I'd like to hear a little evidence rather then just assuming anything.  This is, after all, Thailand and everyone has motives to point fingers.

1 hour ago, BlindMagician said:

Personally I think all religions have long since outlived their use, and the negative aspects far outweigh the positives. Time the human race moved on. There are countless hilarious put downs, easily found, that hit the nail on the head. Here's one....

images.jpg

now do one on islam...

1 hour ago, lostinisaan said:

Khun Thaksin had a great idea when he divided three areas into red, yellow and green zones.

The red zones ( most terrorists) received zero money from the government, the yellow places only a little bit and the green areas had full support. Unfortunately, did they get that very fast, the Muslim terrorists then moved to the green areas while Thais in the red and yellow areas were starving. 

so this bright idea does not work.... really smart

It's too bad a sincere apology and serious investigation of the massacres at Tak Bai, Krue Se, and Sabai Yoi were never done by the Buddhist Bangkok authorities nor anyone ever reprimanded or punished for these dastardly acts,,,this woman and her baby might be alive today if they had done so.

3 hours ago, lvr181 said:

And what is it they could do to stop a people from doing these things? Do they need to pay them not to kill or what. No other country has figured out how to satisfy people who want to kill others. All this while many of these killers are up in Bangkok protesting their mistreatment.

1 hour ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

It's too bad a sincere apology and serious investigation of the massacres at Tak Bai, Krue Se, and Sabai Yoi were never done by the Buddhist Bangkok authorities nor anyone ever reprimanded or punished for these dastardly acts,,,this woman and her baby might be alive today if they had done so.

The buddhist's caused it all. What a farce you are. Why don't you pack your stuff and go down there and show us how you can make these killers happy.  Trust me you would make them very happy and proud to kill you.

3 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Lots of truth in this.

I lived for five years in Pattani. I moved away about 8 weeks ago.

People seem not to understand that some Pattani Muslims (most of whom are really decent) detest Thais Buddhists for a reason. 

PS. Never take things at face value. After a couple of years in Pattani I realized that much of what goes on isn't really what it seems. 

1 hour ago, Saraburi121 said:

A mother,  her unborn child  and another was killed no matter what religion, that is wrong.  There is no justification to gun down unarmed non-combatants.  No easy solution to causes that don't value their own lives or those of others.   

Only the mother and her unborn child were killed.

3 minutes ago, Fabricus said:

Lots of truth in this.

I lived for five years in Pattani. I moved away about 8 weeks ago.

People seem not to understand that some Pattani Muslims (most of whom are really decent) detest Thais Buddhists for a reason. 

PS. Never take things at face value. After a couple of years in Pattani I realized that much of what goes on isn't really what it seems. 

There are other issues underlying this culture clash that cannot be discussed publicly due to the strict lese majesty laws but those with a sophisticated understanding of the conflict will know what I mean. 

7 hours ago, daveAustin said:

It's what they do unfortunately. Animals. I know it's not all muslims, but Thai gov should let them have their three worthless, shitty provinces and let them fester in their own filthy ideals.

You do that and all they will do is breed and want more territory.  As the population increases the demands for political representation also increases and in a democracy the numbers can get them voted into office. Certain sects of Islam (Wahhabi jumps right out foremost IMO) are not compatible with with anyone who does not believe in knocking their head in the dirt for their version of a Sky Fairy.

4 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

There are other issues underlying this culture clash that cannot be discussed publicly due to the strict lese majesty laws but those with a sophisticated understanding of the conflict will know what I mean. 

Yep, you got it.

Stay cool.

How so, so sad - a mother, unborn baby and presumably an expectant father together with both families ripped apart by a despicable act!!

Unfortunately I think there may be worse on the horizon.

With ISIS (or whatever they are called) now getting their backsides spanked in Syria and other parts of the world (notwithstanding any terrorist cells that are lurking wherever) they will look for a place to regain face en masse - and where better to regain face than in southern Thailand!

In my own country I regularly heard "not all muslim's are terrorists but nearly all terrorists are muslim". Statistically they may be right - in my country at least (and most probably elsewhere) - but what is worrying for me is Thailand may be subject to further attacks purely because the perpetrators want to seek what may be in their eyes a relatively weak prey given a perceived lack of strong response to date compared to what they have currently faced in the middle east.

I truly want a peaceful end -particularly here in Thailand as well as elsewhere - but unfortunately I am all out of magic dust...........

Archived