Family suspect cover up in death of American expat in Hua Hin

rooster59

This should be vigorously investigated not so much as to find the perpetrator of the possible murder, but to find out why the authorities overlooked the physical evidence.  Who gave that order and why? Let him/them explain how these black eyes, contusions and blood on the brain are consistent with natural cause of death.  We all know murders are not good for tourism, that would seem a strong motive for the crimes these officials have committed. 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, fish monger said:

Silly question; what is the US embassy doing...?

The US (or any other) embassy has no obligation or authority to do anything, what are you suggesting it should do?

I hope the case is investigated further. It seems to me that the first thing to do would be to check the time and date of his appearance at the ATM CCTV with other critical times (e.g. when reported missing), and the amount withdrawn. Reading the reports, it seem like their may be some discrepancies here.

I would have also thought that further questioning of his wife and work colleagues about his mental state would be in order. I would also want to know more about the seeming callousness of the Rector in dealing with the case.

1 hour ago, Grubster said:

This should be vigorously investigated not so much as to find the perpetrator of the possible murder, but to find out why the authorities overlooked the physical evidence.  Who gave that order and why? Let him/them explain how these black eyes, contusions and blood on the brain are consistent with natural cause of death.  We all know murders are not good for tourism, that would seem a strong motive for the crimes these officials have committed. 

Some years ago I collapsed unconscious on to a tiled floor and woke up in hospital with black eyes and a cut on the bridge of my nose, among other things.  No one beat me up, it's what can happen very easily when a limp body hits the floor. 

The autopsy didn't say that he "had blood on the brain", it said he had bruising under the scalp, two things that are not similar in anyway.

5 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

I would have also thought that further questioning of his wife and work colleagues about his mental state would be in order. I would also want to know more about the seeming callousness of the Rector in dealing with the case.

What wife?

Webster University, a place with an unusual past, appears to be trying to keep this as quiet as possible so questioning them or his colleagues who have been told to keep quiet would be a waste of time.  The Rector's callousness could well be an indication of something odd to add to WU's already dubious past.,

It seems easy to get away with murder here,kill the person,tidy up the room,

lock the door on your way out,BIB arrive door locked,no signs of disturbance,

has to be natural causes,wonder how many times this scenario has happened 

here already.

regards Worgeordie

32 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

Some years ago I collapsed unconscious on to a tiled floor and woke up in hospital with black eyes and a cut on the bridge of my nose, among other things.  No one beat me up, it's what can happen very easily when a limp body hits the floor. 

The autopsy didn't say that he "had blood on the brain", it said he had bruising under the scalp, two things that are not similar in anyway.

Well I can tell you that in the west they would have treated this with caution and would have not ruled out homicide until much evidence was gathered and an autopsy was consistent in all ways. That is the kind of thing that the US embassy should care about with their citizens. I believe there would have been a much different out come in the double brit murder case had their embassy bothered to see how things were going day one. 

So do you believe that zero investigation was the appropriate response to a death involving head trauma on a relatively young man. Why would they deny the showing of any photo's if no worries of wrong doing.

James was a friend of mine who I met in Pattaya about 10 years ago. Our paths crossed many times since and last was Samui 3 or 4 years ago.

He was a very good man and always so happy and "talkative". I am extremely saddened to learn today of his tragic passing.

RIP mate !

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The main point here is, presumably, he didn't get head wounds, bruising, wounds and black eyes from a supposed "heart attack."

He may have received those wounds when he fell .

Heart attack, falls over and hits his head ?

If anyone expects that any death in Thailand will be investigated properly you are living in cloud cuckoo land.  Natural causes and suicide help enormously when it comes to "official figures" and limits the damage to tourism.  Laziness and corruption complete the picture. 

3 hours ago, KBsinter said:

Embassys,have no power over the Authority of the country 

they are in,........".live with it" 

At one time (pre Internet), the Embassies would just take the word of the Police or the Government of the country in which they were situated regarding certain events - presumably to maintain the level of cooperation that they needed to conduct international trade, and promote tourism etc. etc.

However, as already stated, now that almost everybody has access to the Internet, and these events can not be just brushed under the carpet, concerned citizens are getting more facts and information than ever before, and consequently are expecting more from their Embassies (note that I said "expecting"!) than "we are providing Consular assistance at this difficult time".

10 minutes ago, wringo said:

This is a police cover up again. They continue to ruin this country with their corruption and lawlessness. They offer Thais and foreigners, with their families, unbelievable hardship. This sickness needs to be eradicated.   

How do you know that this is a cover up ?

The Police investigated , had an autopsy done and came to the conclusion that it was natural causes .

Do you have any evidence to suggest that it was foul play and a cover up ?

6 hours ago, StefanBBK said:

Unbelievable . 

..Quite believable...people do fall down and hit their heads, faces causing contusions and tearing of tissues, black eyes and bleeding from the nose and ears are common place if there is a fracture, particularly to the front of the skull even though it is the thickest part. commonly referred to as a 'hinge fracture'.

Cause of death apparently the author says was a 'heart attack'..difficult to say unless there was evidence of atherosclerosis or infarction.

And what the hell are the authorities doing by releasing sensitive photos to anyone, let alone a 'friend'.

Lots of gaps and of course now no remains to examine.

31 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Five years ago , someone was murdered on Ko Samui and the local people tried to cover it up, so that means a guy in a different location was also murdered five years later?

I really dont think that that "evidence" would stand up in Court

But then again, perhaps he went on a bender, walked into one of the numerous signs, poles, telephone booths, more sign, etc that litter most Thai sidewalks, checked into a hotel, and checked-out with a heart attack.  Everyone wants to dismiss Occam's Razor, but sometimes the simplest answer is just that. 

5 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

No contact with his family for 10 years...obviously came to Thailand to "get away from it all and start over." If it was an unnatural death, it's most likely he go involved in financial dealings with shady characters or a personal relationship with a shady person (people). I don't see why a family member in America, who obviously wasn't close to him is getting all exercised at his death; and surely nothing will come of it from 10,000 miles away. As the recent case of the Aussie death in Surin, it took years of footwork and the expense of lots of money to find the killers...and this in a case where the cause of death was clear. Best to let sleeping bodies rest in peace.

Let  sleeping bodies rest in peace!!!! The man was murdered you muppet. Another classic thai police cover up. 

3 minutes ago, Redvic said:

Let  sleeping bodies rest in peace!!!! The man was murdered you muppet. Another classic thai police cover up. 

How do you know that he was "murdered"

You just think that he probably was murdered and you are stating this as a fact

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

How do you know that this is a cover up ?

The Police investigated , had an autopsy done and came to the conclusion that it was natural causes .

Do you have any evidence to suggest that it was foul play and a cover up ?

Two black eyes and bruises on head and body isn't from natural causes! Someone beat the crap out of him...Go ahead, believe the police story. 

An official autopsy ruled his death was the result of “failed respiration and blood circulation”.

Yeah, when you die you stop breathing and your blood stops circulating because your heart stops beating. Lots of doctors put those conditions down as  cause of death even thought they're the result, not the cause. American doctors do it, too. Usually it's when there was a known medical problem and no reason to think that was not the cause, as in the case of Justice Scalia  Several years ago a guy I knew was found dead with a wound on his head. Because he had friends there was a real investigation, and in the end it was decided the most likely scenario was that he had a massive heart attack and hit his head on the end of his bed when he collapsed. In this case apparently the guy had no friends who cared when he went missing so no one knows what he was doing for several days. Bummer.

Archived