Welcome to Thailand: Where even the police practice two tier pricing, claims Farang rider

webfact

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, fruitman said:

uuueeehhhh, i do believe him but he shouldn't touch his nose that often.

Bangkok is loaded with very loud exhaust pipes, very annoying. Motocycles and jetski's, longtailboats, dumptrucks they all love it.

But of course the police does nothing against it, far too busy with blowing their whistles.

"uuueeehhhh, i do believe him but he shouldn't touch his nose that often."

Maybe he felt a Pinocchio waking up!

3 hours ago, thai3 said:

Or somebody with more balls than most of the kiss ass brigade

3 hours ago, thai3 said:

Or somebody with more balls than most of the kiss ass brigade

If you think you can beat anyone wearing a uniform in this country then you have a lot to learn. Same in any country I guess. Try arguing with police in your country and see where it gets you.

Sorry for the double quote - trying to get to grips with the super new TV site that no longer works as easily as before.

thai cops = racists as shit!

thai cops don't harass rich thai people because they might lose their job if someone important complains.

and they don't bother harassing poor thai people because what's the point? they are poor

so who's left to harass farang who they assume don't have the power to do anything about it when they get harassed.

4 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

I ran a red light in Udon Thani and got stopped. However my wife new the cop and I was let off with a warning. The cop mentioned that should I do it again it would be ฿1000, a special farang rate they were going to be inaugurating.

That's a good deal, the official rate for running a red light is 1400 baht. All official amounts for fines are posted on the RTP website.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

That is 1 brain dead farang, posting that on the internet.

He has just made himself a Big target.

He is not brain dead is has just much balls then most farangs in Thailand. And obviously more Thai lanuage skills then 99% of farangs in Thailand.

Thailand is land of law. Any violation of the law, particularly driving regulations, has its price tag. Police officer can not invent prices from their thumbs.

In case you feel abused or mistreated, you should request to be tried in court.

The best is to hire a lawyer. But the lawyer's fee........ 

If he had performance exhaust then thats illegal even its quiet. Fine 1000.

If he had orginal and noisy then it was all good as thai noise limit is very high like 96db and thats F1 bolids.

And cops never use any gear to measure it too!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've been trying for about 2 years now for the authorities to stop the loud trucks  going past my house in my village. One day I counted 75 times+. Village headman, Ampur personel, official complaints, police, lawyers, BKK - Thailand noise control agency (who  didn't even respond of course) and more = no enforcement or action whatsoever to address my complaint.

In addition to noise ordinances, there is a law about conducting industrial activities in villages. 

Yeah right. Good luck with your efforts on law enforcement issues, sir.

TIT.

The only  consequence of my attempting to defend my peace of mind and right to exist was when the truck driver goon squad tried to attack me one day on my scooter (I got away).

Chok dee.

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Maybe he was trying to be a smart arse with his fluent Thai, and the coppers didn't like it.

Sometimes it pays to act daft.

Agreed. Be very polite and quiet spoken, but avoid the temptation of speaking Thai. If the cop does know some English, shoot back with uhh?, eh?, what?, etc. Most would wave you on rather than waste their valuable tea-money time and, worse still, risk losing face over misunderstood tinglish. I believe you have a better chance of not getting rumbled as opposed to being smart and knowingly understanding everything said.

I can't believe the number of responses to this. It's been like this for as long as I have been in Asia - a long time. Until they are paid a proper wage it will continue so... If you don't like it, leave. Simple. 'Cos it won't change.

got stopped at the toll gates for "speeding" on the Don Muang expressway last week. cop says 1000 baht fine for doing 121KPH. not likely. I let my thai wife do the talking. after about 5 mins of back and forth, got the fine/ticket cancelled and made a 200 baht "tea donation" instead. always be polite even if you feel aggrieved.   

4 hours ago, jaywalker said:

My wife was in an accident (Pattaya). 

Totally NOT her fault (a speeding moto in the wrong lane T-boned her truck).

I was miles away.

The cop said "you have farang name, all farangs have big money"....10,000 bt.

Unfortunately, when this happened to my wife, there was no martial law. (about 4 years ago).

I was working with the Thai Marines and the Army.

Not all proud of it, but it paid the bills (barely).

The Marines fixed her truck (no charge).
------------------

My only regret is that the IDIOT was wearing a helmet and lived...His helmet banged the B-pillar on a Toyota Tiger quite hard, and broke his leg.

He had no license, no insurance, driving/speeding up the wrong side of the road, yet our insurance paid the retard's bill,+++that 10,000 baht to the cops.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

That is 1 brain dead farang, posting that on the internet.

He has just made himself a Big target.

How rude and also ignorant. A big target for what?

You're another one that probably relies on your wife for everything and I bet you can't understand a word he's saying, although you live in Isarn, can you?

Your real name is probably Ben Dover.

If the bike is new and unmodified, and therefore approved by the DOT for road use, he can file a police report at another station against the DOT, manufacturer and the police. He would also better to go to the Dumrongtham to file an abuse of authority complaint again the police, and a faulty exhaust pipe complaint against the manufacturer.

Many people on this forum will never understand thailand cuz they spent yoo much time on this very forum.

Thus clip/op is a Non-event. This aint the west here it is thailand. His fine is the equivalent of 25 eur. Live and learn. Next...

4 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

I ran a red light in Udon Thani and got stopped. However my wife new the cop and I was let off with a warning. The cop mentioned that should I do it again it would be ฿1000, a special farang rate they were going to be inaugurating.

Speeding last week I  got fined 400 baht , official ticket same as the man in the video..................Wife,  Thai ,speeding in Loei fined 1000 official  ticket?????????? go  figure Flang got it  cheaper?

7 minutes ago, kannot said:

Speeding last week I  got fined 400 baht , official ticket same as the man in the video..................Wife,  Thai ,speeding in Loei fined 1000 official  ticket?????????? go  figure Flang got it  cheaper?

You have a Thai wife? lol That is quite funny after all the generalized abuse you give Thai people. Does she understand science? :cheesy: 

Imagine this, if you will...

Wife dropped kid off at school, trying to turn right on Threppasit Rd in Jomtien off Soi 4.

BIG-ASS hash marks painted on the road so folks know there is incoming traffic from a side road. It's maybe 7:30 AM or so.

A couple big trucks stop to let you make a right turn, as traffic is backed up anyhow.

You ease around to the right, and BANG!!!
Moto guy come HAULING ASS (in the wrong lane) & slams into the driver's door of my wife's truck, (in the wrong lane) breaks his leg, etc, etc....Just glad she was was in a truck.

He's lucky he's alive!

---------------------

You have farang name....all farangs have big money. 10,000 baht or you have big problem is what they told her.

18 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

You're another one that probably relies on your wife for everything and I bet you can't understand a word he's saying, although you live in Isarn, can you?

Don't mind Colin "Better not" Neil - he's just another one of those who thinks something as innocuous as raising an eyebrow is somehow going to send your average Thai into a homicidal frenzy.

24 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

1 minute ago, YeahSiam said:

Don't mind Colin "Better not" Neil - he's just another one of those who thinks something as innocuous as raising an eyebrow is somehow going to send your average Thai into a homicidal frenzy.

It rather sad ain't it that there are many here that think that. Thais, especially in tourist areas, latch onto this cowardice. Once I was having a fag and threw my butt away when 3 security guards approached me and demanded 2000 baht. I told him to go have sex with a female relative, in my best Isarn and there were laughs all round. they said the occasional foreigner paid up! 

2 hours ago, smedly said:

actually there are hundreds of scooters around pattaya with no exhaust at all - they sound terrible and even a small engine without silencing is extremely noisy - they seem to think it is cool but it definitely isn't

It goes on unabated all over. Selective policing catches 2% the rest hey its open season on the citizenry. Usually the 2% are caught up in people weirs set up by the police they care less about the rest. Does not matter if your bike is loud or not as the poster suggests. Your in the trap so pay the exit fee.

Archived