Welcome to Thailand: Where even the police practice two tier pricing, claims Farang rider

webfact

3 hours ago, louse1953 said:

This is news!!Did he get here yesterday.?

Yup he was fresh from the plane, drank some lao kao and suddenly spoke like that.

Half Bangkok drives with a modified exhaustpipe but our cops are practising for their inactive post...they 're smart though 'cause still get salary for being present.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loud exhaust is a 1000 baht fine for everyone. My thai brother in law has had his bike seized twice and each time it was 1000 baht fine and towing/storage fees for excessively loud pipes.

That being said, his pipes were excessively loud...

No way he lives in Isaan!  As many, many posters believe, only old farts live in Isaan.

Good onya mate!  Don't wear it.

I've been hit with the, "Today every foreigner pays 500B."

Was reduced to 200B after a short discussion.

31 minutes ago, smccolley said:

Loud exhaust is a 1000 baht fine for everyone. My thai brother in law has had his bike seized twice and each time it was 1000 baht fine and towing/storage fees for excessively loud pipes.

That being said, his pipes were excessively loud...

Hahummm - it's only for the poor regular people :stoner:My neighbour who has 2 mercs and a <deleted> Nissan GT-R also houses a big bike that gets the whole moobaan awake when it's started - also a  police Major, seems married it big :partytime2:

6 hours ago, hdkane said:

good for him...more people, thais and farang and anyone else...should post videos of police corruption/incompetence...this is the only way to change behaviors here...shame them...

Ha ha ,  live in hope . 

Farlang  ,  will be dealt with  effectively ,  on his next visa renewal .

Remember ,  you are not in your home country , freedom  of speech , etc .     Respect Thai culture .

12 hours ago, moe666 said:

Stop complaining 1000b is the fine for loud exhaust 500b for pollution, 500b for loud sound. A friend recieved the same fine about 5 years ago in Chiang Mai he went to court and fine cut in half. The complainer makes himself a fool not knowing the fine structure

Exactly. ?

I wish they would get round my way and fine a few noisy and polluting vehicles.

Why would the falang think because his bike is recently purchased and unmodified, that it is legal in the eyes of Thai law?

I love the idea of arguing with the police about how did he measure the noise? Many years ago I was stopped on my bike and told I was speeding and asked him how he measured my speed. He just pointed at the spokes of the front wheel, so I gave him 100 baht to be on my way!

I suppose by publicising these dubious police actions, in the longer term, we will see them eliminated, one can but dream.

16 hours ago, bluesofa said:

That was one of the reasons my wife kept her Thai surname when we were married, to avoid exactly this sort of thing.

Same with me. I told my Thai wife to change her surname back to her maiden name, which she did.

Farang surname used by Thais is asking for problems.

I think my son should do the same, take his Mothers Thai surname, he agrees.

Yup n Thailand there is the Thai rates for things like park passes, and

We even experienced it at a parking lot, my friend was driving his car

with me in the front seat beside him , the  Thai guy asked for a lot of baht for us to park in the

lot until my friend's Thai wife jumped out of the back seat, ad screamed a  few

words at the guy, the price went down to 50 baht real fast, and that was the posted rate at the

entrance.

Geezer

17 hours ago, jonclark said:

So he should just take it? 

He should be congratulated and supported for taking the time end effort to highlight inequalities that exist. Obviously the police won't like it but they are the ones making themselves look bad here. Perhaps they should take the time to reflect on their own actions. 

Yes the BIB do have a Thai price and  falang price just like many shop's here in LOS.

I have a dash cam with twin lense, one facing the front the second facing the driver side window, my brother in law is a highly ranked cop and he sked me why one cam was facing the driver side window so I told him to record your corrupt mates if they try to fine me because I am a falang white devil,,,   he laughed and said good just like insurance agianst bad police.

Unfortunatly this bloke may find his next 90 day visaa/work visa will have problems because he made the BIB look bad.

The BIB are like many Thai's and will not accept respocibility for their actions rather blaming others for exposing them.

"YOU MAKE ME LOOK BAD" instead of they made themselves look bad and another person exposed them for it.

Well done mate I say and good luck for the future...

9 hours ago, elliss said:

Ha ha ,  live in hope . 

Farlang  ,  will be dealt with  effectively ,  on his next visa renewal .

Remember ,  you are not in your home country , freedom  of speech , etc .     Respect Thai culture .

are you THIS is Thai culture?

21 hours ago, jaywalker said:

My wife was in an accident (Pattaya). 

Totally NOT her fault (a speeding moto in the wrong lane T-boned her truck).

I was miles away.

The cop said "you have farang name, all farangs have big money"....10,000 bt.

are you sure where the money ended up?

Also fine of 1000 baht for not having my taxs paper with date outside motorbike on lights Suk - Pattaya Tai. when you see 100 motorbikes maybe 10 have this outside, even on the parking soi 9 in front of polite office only a few, but afterall,i told officer I already bought 3 new motorbikes and nobody told me this, he reduced the fine to 400.

23 hours ago, fruitman said:

uuueeehhhh, i do believe him but he shouldn't touch his nose that often.

Bangkok is loaded with very loud exhaust pipes, very annoying. Motocycles and jetski's, longtailboats, dumptrucks they all love it.

But of course the police does nothing against it, far too busy with blowing their whistles.

In KrungthonburI o road very laud bikers and Cant even sleep nightime so noisy They are but nobody of police stops them. To busy sitting In the shadow playing smartphones

Time to write to newspapers and foreign ministery about this things.

I got fined in Pattaya cause didn't stop before the white line at intersection. The only problem was that no more white line cause paint gone after 10 years of no mantainance.

police officer told me: White lines not police problem is farang problem. Farang must call municipality and ask to repaint.

So I took pictures of him and his box and missing line and went to a police boss to claim.

My fine was canceled and later saw new repainted lines at that intersection.

We must always claim to change something

From face book.

His bike that he claims has original exhaust.

15179198_2168696286584363_8634611151976107143_n.jpg?oh=532ec6472bf2404f7f82da041e06622f&oe=58CE592D

and a new  bike with an original exhaust.

15179178_2168696289917696_3901598429291392754_n.jpg?oh=b48ed6e9d6565d2517628b42562c3fc0&oe=58B9A088

Its not same model bikes in this 2 pics

His is Ryuka Legend.

Bottom pic is Stalion

Debunked!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, PattayaBoy said:

Its not same model bikes in this 2 pics

His is Ryuka Legend.

Bottom pic is Stalion

Debunked!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah I see that now but if the top pic is his, that aint the oem exhaust, it a megaphone and they are loud (I had 2 on my XS 650).

Archived