Welcome to Thailand: Where even the police practice two tier pricing, claims Farang rider

webfact

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Yeah I see that now but if the top pic is his, that aint the oem exhaust, it a megaphone and they are loud (I had 2 on my XS 650).

i did google image search and it looks like its stock, then fine is illegal

1472745728EJ6kB4.jpg

In regards to the young guy talking, his accent is more, southern Georgia from the US. He probably picked up the dialect from his dad and the fact he's been living in Kohn Kaen for some time now. He's a close personnel friend of mine and army veteran such as myself. This is his second bike and he's yet to ever have a problem with either of them until now. Both have been bought from the manufacturer. He's been living in Thailand now after completing his monk hood for about a year and a half. He's actually quite knowledgeable about the fees. He's...can be a bit of a hot head and i'm guessing he was probably being a bit of a smart ass when he responded back to them in Thai. And yes, he can read, write and speak Thai and Laos like a local.

49 minutes ago, Serviceman78 said:

And yes, he can read, write and speak Thai and Laos like a local.

No doubt, but he speaks with the exaggerated tones of a fishwife.

On the subject of traffic cops and double pricing, it dates back so far that they probably invented it.

6 hours ago, PattayaBoy said:

i did google image search and it looks like its stock, then fine is illegal

1472745728EJ6kB4.jpg

Cool, thanks for the bigger picture, it appears I was wrong. in your pic it is not a megaphone at all.

1 hour ago, TEFLKrabi said:

Lots of people moan about the lack of language skills here. Please don't complain if a few TEFLers, as you like to call them, are trying to do their little bit to help.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I did not complain about you teaching the kids, I applaud it.

It was rather about the drivel you posted to receive my reply.

I got Ducati Monster 821 its all stock and legal. Its pretty loud bike in legal limits tho.

Few times when cops stops me after i show them thai DL and tax they not happy Im legit, so they go around the bike and point on exhaust, I tell them its stock and legal thats how it come out from Rayong factory, never fined me but they wish they could.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On 11/28/2016 at 0:17 PM, Thaiwrath said:

Maybe he was trying to be a smart arse with his fluent Thai, and the coppers didn't like it.

Sometimes it pays to act daft.

maybe he was a smart ass ?.....maybe  ..? .....really ?  you are a good argument  for max 30 day visa's '

Take a camera crew into that station with the bike. Film the bike contact the bike manufacturer and tell them that the RTP say there Thai made vehicles are ilegal. Post the police report and the police on YouTube and also. Advise tourists of the unresolved police scams and failed leadership. it's not safe here lol. I would have rode over the cop.

On 11/30/2016 at 11:39 AM, PattayaBoy said:

I got Ducati Monster 821 its all stock and legal. Its pretty loud bike in legal limits tho.

Few times when cops stops me after i show them thai DL and tax they not happy Im legit, so they go around the bike and point on exhaust, I tell them its stock and legal thats how it come out from Rayong factory, never fined me but they wish they could.

I never stop and I are legal. They can try 

On 11/30/2016 at 11:39 AM, PattayaBoy said:

There not worth stopping for. They also stink

On 11/28/2016 at 0:28 PM, jaywalker said:

My wife was in an accident (Pattaya). 

Totally NOT her fault (a speeding moto in the wrong lane T-boned her truck).

I was miles away.

The cop said "you have farang name, all farangs have big money"....10,000 bt.

Say no simple and tell him one moment please. Open phone and start recording him and state the accident on cam. Ask him also if his married and do you treat your wife like a animal as well. Refuse and laugh at the funny police actor.

9 hours ago, performance said:

Bike was standard and the police should be fined for extortion 

And yet in his apology to the police he said

"If you’re thinking about enhancing your exhaust pipe, don't do it. It disturbs other people."

3 hours ago, Don Mega said:

And yet in his apology to the police he said

"If you’re thinking about enhancing your exhaust pipe, don't do it. It disturbs other people."

All rubbish talk at the DLT they are not so strict on performance bikes. The police as I said let modified Harleys.ridden straight through.  Also they are not police. There roadside robbers who can not do any real police work. 

Archived