Chiang Mai bar owner says "sorry" after beating of general's son over toilet use

webfact

Chiang Mai bar owner says "sorry" after beating of general's son over toilet use

p6.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

CHIANG MAI: -- The owner of a well known up market bar in downtown Chiang Mai has apologized after guards at the bar beat up a general's son and fractured his jaw.

The son - a 23 year old student at a university in the city - was trying to use a restroom that was occupied by a group of celebrities.

It was claimed his way was barred by security guards and after he said it was public space and insisted he be allowed entry he was set upon, reports Manager Online.

Issarajnuwat Wankawisan - also known as James Bond the Younger - is the son of Major Witthaya Wankawisan commander of the 38th army. 

He suffered a broken nose, fractured jaw, broken teeth and eye problems after taking a kicking from several security guards. He is still recovering.

The Malin Sky has been ordered shut by police and the company that rented them space in the building in Huay Kaew Road have withdrawn their contract.

Owner Tanin Lertamrungkun said yesterday that he was the only owner and was sorry for what had happened. He was not in the bar when the incident occurred Friday night but takes responsibility.

He said as soon as he heard about it he reported to police. Yesterday he held up his license to operate after some media outlets said he had no permission to do so.

But he conceded the bar was now shut and would probably remain so permanently.

His lawyer had advised him to say nothing more about the case as it is subject to legal proceedings.

Several well known actresses including "Aum" or Lakana Wattanawongsiri, "Ball" or Kritsana Phromraksa and Benchasiri Wattana have denied any wrongdoing.

It had earlier been claimed they and other celebs had their own security who denied the public entry to the restroom. 

Now it is understood that the entrance was barred by the guards of the Malin Sky itself.

The celebs were not party to this, it is now understood.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-28

According to Thai news source this guy is not the owner.

The real owner who is the BF of one of the celebrities who ordered the beating is a hiso elite mafia who made his riches thru some illegal bookmaking. They are quite infamous in Chiang Mai

Him and his bodyguards are being investigated thoroughly now.

Even Prawit has gotten involved according to The Nation News. I guess they have stepped on the wrong toes this time.

Don't see anyway out for this Mafia hiso now.

Don't ask me for news source as they are all in Thai and It cannot be posted on English Forum. 

4 minutes ago, TVGerry said:

I am pretty sure the beating started with the victim saying "Do you know who my father is?".

"Let me into the toilet "

"No"

"I will tell my Father to come here and sort you out"

"Yeah, him and whose Army ?

ooooppps

6 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Was it really necessary to demote the father, just because the son got beat up? :coffee1:

The father is a pon tri which is a Major General. I guess that explains why the ranks have been confused by the news outlets.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The Malin Sky has been ordered shut by police and the company that rented them space in the building in Huay Kaew Road have withdrawn their contract.

Damage control. He should have flashed his whose whose card and thus saved himself from all that physical damage. 

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Wonder why they were in the toilet for so long , a bunch of them at that .

31 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Assuming the boy was denied access to the men's toilet, why would "several actresses deny any wrongdoing"...?

According to one of the security guards, he was denied entry to the women's toilet.

Bar closed.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Wonder why they were in the toilet for so long , a bunch of them at that .

..selfies..touchy ..feely..group hugs ..you know...so fragile...then some dude wants a slash...good reason for a kicking.

2 hours ago, Borzandy said:

I guess to say "sorry"  is not enough....

Have you bothered to read the story? He wasn't even there but has said sorry for the incident. He accepted full responsibility and accepts that the place will now not re-open due to the action of his thug staff.

Archived