BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Enjoy your trip - Thai man nabbed for putting the magic in the Full Moon Party

Enjoy your trip - Thai man nabbed for putting the magic in the Full Moon Party

a1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

KOH SAMUI: -- Police in Koh Samui have announced the arrest of a man who had almost four kilos of magic mushrooms in his fridge.

The psychedelic 'shrooms - known as het khee wai (buffalo pooh mushrooms) in Thai - were headed for restaurants on Koh Phangan for the next full moon party, reports Daily News.

There the class two drugs would be made into alcoholic smoothies, milkshakes and omelettes for foreign tourists who want to trip the night away.

Arrested was Withaya (or Pang) Udom-aneklap, 43, at a house near the Nathon market. Samui police found 3.8 kilos of magic mushrooms wrapped in newspaper in his fridge.

Withaya told the cops he had bought the mushrooms to sell on to restaurants at Had Rin on Phangan.

He was charged with possession of class two drugs with intent to sell and detained.

Police said the mushrooms were worth about 1,200 to 1,500 baht a kilo though much more when made into food and drinks for the tourists.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-29

Hilarity, they police know a lot about this particular middle man and the contents of his refrigerator, and whilst apparently informing the police as to the future of the mushrooms. And even the people who would eventually consume them.   And yet the price for the mushrooms wasn't known,  so they provided a range for the price they think they trade for and then suggested they sold for more when used in food and drinks.   <deleted>

It might be good for youngsters to try 'shrooms at least once.  Hopefully they'll have a good trip.  Psychosomatic drugs like psilocybin can expand consciousness - and more often than not, users enjoy the experience.   Note: Many people in Thailand use another drug called alcohol, and the drunk experience is usually enjoyable.  One difference between alcohol and 'shrooms is: Alcohol often results in harmful, sometimes deadly outcomes.   Mushrooms; almost never.   I challenge anyone to name a result of a psilocybin high - where someone was beaten, or a vehicle was crashed.   You can't.

Another advantage of such drugs: it widens perspectives.  Look at what Thailand is saddled with - people with narrow perspectives:   Thailand is now saddled with its 17th self-installed junta in 80 years, who's members keep postponing elections because they enjoy the power they took by force.  That's the sort of rulers (and kow-towing populace) a country gets when its people can't think outside the box. 

I've never understood the need for a nanny state to dictate what you can and can't put into your own body, but then, there is the anarcho-libertarian in me oozing out.  Expand your mind and you're a danger to society; dumb yourself with Kaow Laow until you're in a stupor it's 'no problem.'  Strange world imho.

they dont look like the magic mushrooms my friends and i spent our teenage years combing the local golf course for...

I tried shroom in my younger years and did it  2 times but I liked it so much I stopped Worried it will lead to other things

1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:

It might be good for youngsters to try 'shrooms at least once.  Hopefully they'll have a good trip.  Psychosomatic drugs like psilocybin can expand consciousness - and more often than not, users enjoy the experience.   Note: Many people in Thailand use another drug called alcohol, and the drunk experience is usually enjoyable.  One difference between alcohol and 'shrooms is: Alcohol often results in harmful, sometimes deadly outcomes.   Mushrooms; almost never.   I challenge anyone to name a result of a psilocybin high - where someone was beaten, or a vehicle was crashed.   You can't.

Another advantage of such drugs: it widens perspectives.  Look at what Thailand is saddled with - people with narrow perspectives:   Thailand is now saddled with its 17th self-installed junta in 80 years, who's members keep postponing elections because they enjoy the power they took by force.  That's the sort of rulers (and kow-towing populace) a country gets when its people can't think outside the box. 

Agree to a point, but to be fair, driving while under the influence of psilocybin is probably just as dangerous as alcohol. I don't think thats a good argument. Especially trying to drive at night, in traffic, with your optics all screwed up. 

Alcohol is a legal poison though & I pretty much agree.  

14 minutes ago, samsensam said:

they dont look like the magic mushrooms my friends and i spent our teenage years combing the local golf course for...

They look just like the ones we used to find. 

1 hour ago, connda said:

I've never understood the need for a nanny state to dictate what you can and can't put into your own body, but then, there is the anarcho-libertarian in me oozing out.  Expand your mind and you're a danger to society; dumb yourself with Kaow Laow until you're in a stupor it's 'no problem.'  Strange world imho.

A nanny state is designed to make its leaders feel safe and secure with the attitude of not caring too much Nanny state makes its leaders feel safe not the crowd

This is why Trump was voted in and Obamas work is going into the trash bin

People in the USA hate a nanny state Its called Socializm

44 minutes ago, samsensam said:

They are magic mushrooms, they appear to be of the Cubensis specie and the blue tint to them is a clear indication of the presence of psilocybin, the essence of any magic mushroom. You may have taken / seen other species such as Pan Cyan

1 minute ago, JustNo said:

They are magic mushrooms, they appear to be of the Cubensis species and the blue tint to them is a clear indication of the presence of psilocybin, the essence of any magic mushroom. You may have taken / seen other species such as Pan Cyan

Yep the basic 'pickem at night under a full moon out of cow poo' kind. 

5 minutes ago, Strange said:

Yep the basic 'pickem at night under a full moon out of cow poo' kind. 

Lol I guess that is one way to do it. There are no heavily poisonous look-a-likes to Cubensis, I think, but there are hundreds of thousands of different mushrooms so you should always exercise caution and know what you are picking. There are thing you can look for such as the gill structure, the hood and stem, the cap and also if there blue tint occurs when you squeeze or pinch the mushroom. 

I know that law states that people here can be put away for 5 years, but what will this unfortunate chap probably be looking at? Making something such a hallucinogenic mushrooms highly illegal is ludicrous, I guess the powers that be don't want the masses thinking too much.. :whistling:

12 minutes ago, JustNo said:

Lol I guess that is one way to do it.

Dont wanna be walking around farmer joes pasture at night with flashlight beaming around everywhere like the aliens have just landed. 

Sad world when God's food becomes a Class 2 drug , not produced in a lab .no artificial chemicals it just pops out of poo . Certain smokable items the same without the poo.