Non O Penang.

Just got non o m from Penang.

House reg copy. wife's.

Wife ID copy, both sides

2 photographs. me, of course.

Front page of passport copy. 

First and last page of Bank book copy and show original. 400+

Mar' cert copy front and back and show original.

750. Ringit.

Couple of tips.

Don't go on a Monday or Thursday, a local agent goes with lots of people, Russians I think, looking for visas for Phucket.

Don't use hotel, banks or airport to change baht to Ringit. Ask a local taxi driver where to do. I always use a place near Cititel Hotel.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I would say it was a multiple entry visa since that is the fee for one.

Yes Multi one year. I could have made it clearer when I printed Non 0 m.

By the way it's probably my 11th or 12th there.

Also I never use an agent.

Edited by overherebc
Adding
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, cordaci said:

Do you extend this visa after 3 months at local immigration?

also what happens if say I want to extended it but I already divorced :) 

A multi O one year means you have to leave and re-enter Thailand every 90 days.

In the case of being divorced you officially have no reason to be issued a multi O based on being married. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

What is the 400+? Money in the bank? Any guidelines on this?

They will ask to see your bank book showing 400,000 baht balance.  You provide a copy of the front page and last page. They don't hold onto your book. Same as marriage certificate, show original and provide copy front and back..

I have heard that they will accept a foreign bank book but I don't know for sure.

Edited by overherebc

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

A multi O one year means you have to leave and re-enter Thailand every 90 days.

In the case of being divorced you officially have no reason to be issued a multi O based on being married. 

It doesn't mean that. I have always extended it by 60 days after the first 90 days ran out.

i was talking about getting divorced after I got the visa...

A multi entry means leave and return every 90 days.

You can do the last leave and enter just before the enter by date and that means almost 15 months.

You can then extend that last entry and get 60 days making almost 17 months.

You could extend by 60 at the end of your first 90 and then leave and return for another 90 days etc.

42 minutes ago, cordaci said:

It doesn't mean that. I have always extended it by 60 days after the first 90 days ran out.

i was talking about getting divorced after I got the visa...

and if your ex decides to get nasty and report the divorce to Imm' I have no idea how they would react to that.

7 minutes ago, overherebc said:

and if your ex decides to get nasty and report the divorce to Imm' I have no idea how they would react to that.

Immigration would not be able to do anything if he has a valid visa. Immigration can only cancel an extension issued by them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, overherebc said:

To be honest it would be interesting to know what the result would be.

Would the visa still be valid? Would they want to cancel it?

I have no idea.

If you extended the first 90 for 60 days and your ex contacted them during that 'extension' would that make a difference? Would the visa over-ride the 60 day extension bearing in mind your wife would need to attend for the extension.?

I think we need someone to try it and report back.

Edited by overherebc

• 5 months later...
16 minutes ago, singhapour said:

Can we still get non-immig. O in penang showing just 100K thb?

cheers!

No

For a single entry non-o it is 200k baht. For a multiple entry it is 400k baht and/or proof of income.

On 12/1/2016 at 10:38 AM, overherebc said:

To be honest it would be interesting to know what the result would be.

Would the visa still be valid? Would they want to cancel it?

A visa would still be valid. An extension of stay on the basis of marriage would no longer be valid.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No

For a single entry non-o it is 200k baht. For a multiple entry it is 400k baht and/or proof of income.

I thought there was no financial requirement for a single? I am going on Monday to Penang, applying based on Thai child with birth certificate, tabien baan, ID signed copies etc, but do not have that in my thai bank. Is that a new rule?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, B1ade said:

I thought there was no financial requirement for a single? I am going on Monday to Penang, applying based on Thai child with birth certificate, tabien baan, ID signed copies etc, but do not have that in my thai bank. Is that a new rule?

Not in Penang.

Most other nearby location not ask for no financial proof.

In KL and Singapore it might be 400k baht proof.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, singhapour said:

OK, thanks Joe - glad I asked. Is it Kuala Lumpur that they accept 100K for a non Imm O multi? Or, nobody has it any longer and it's Savannakhet or Vientiane for me?

KL has not done multiple entry non-o visas for years now.

If based upon marriage Savannakhet will do one without financial proof. Vientiane does not issue multiple entry visas.

Penang is the only location I am aware of the will issue a multiple entry non-o based upon being the parent of a Thai and they want to see 400k baht or proof of income.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not in Penang.

Most other nearby location not ask for no financial proof.

In KL and Singapore it might be 400k baht proof.

Sorry, im confused, on page 1 you state its 200k for a single non-O in penang but now not in penang? 

I did just check with a friend for clarification and turned out he went last week to penang for a single non-o based on being a parent of a thai child and he was not asked for any financial proof, so think I will be ok! 

Thanks again

6 minutes ago, B1ade said:

Sorry, im confused, on page 1 you state its 200k for a single non-O in penang but now not in penang? 

I did just check with a friend for clarification and turned out he went last week to penang for a single non-o based on being a parent of a thai child and he was not asked for any financial proof, so think I will be ok! 

Thanks again

This what you wrote that I was replying to.

18 hours ago, B1ade said:

I thought there was no financial requirement for a single?

Perhaps your friend just got lucky or they have changed their requirements.

Good luck.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2017 at 9:04 AM, ubonjoe said:

KL has not done multiple entry non-o visas for years now.

If based upon marriage Savannakhet will do one without financial proof. Vientiane does not issue multiple entry visas.

Penang is the only location I am aware of the will issue a multiple entry non-o based upon being the parent of a Thai and they want to see 400k baht or proof of income.

Quick update, I just got back from Penang and was successful in getting a multiple non-O based on thai child. I had all the paperwork, tabien baan, ID copies etc but I did not have 400k in my bank book (had 120k), but I did get stamped and signed bank statements printed from my thai bank account which showed 40k+ per month going in for the last year - I submitted statements and bank book. I also used jims place agent. Hope this helps someone in the future!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B1ade said:

Quick update, I just got back from Penang and was successful in getting a multiple non-O based on thai child. I had all the paperwork, tabien baan, ID copies etc but I did not have 400k in my bank book (had 120k), but I did get stamped and signed bank statements printed from my thai bank account which showed 40k+ per month going in for the last year - I submitted statements and bank book. I also used jims place agent. Hope this helps someone in the future!

most likely the 40 per month was the basis for issue.

Glad it went ok for you.

?

• Like 1