Phuket traffic fines in clear view

webfact

Good to keep this list on hand as they actually charge 500 for no helmet not 200 as listed. Also they forgot to add stopping beyond the stop line. Funny how in 99% of Phuket the have a zone for motorbikes to go in front of the stop line for cars but not everywhere. Near Central Festival for example there is no such mc zone and you can be fined. Another 500 hit.  I wear a full face helmet and have valid insurance and license and welcome questions by police.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phuket traffic fines in clear view
The Phuket News

1480475909_1-org.jpg
A foreign man reacts while receiving a ticket for a moving violation in Phuket earlier this year. How much he had to pay should be public knowledge. Photo: The Phuket News / file

PHUKET: -- Have you ever been stopped by traffic police for a moving violation and not known what the fine was? Read on to find out what the fines really are, and will police in Phuket start posting the amounts in English at police stations across the island.

QUESTION
I recently saw on a website a photo from a police station in Pattaya that listed in Thai and English how much all the major traffic fines cost. Are the fines the same in Phuket? Do police stations in Phuket also have these signs posted so people know how much the fines actually are?
– Dasha, Moscow

ANSWER
The traffic law is the same throughout the country, so all fines should be the same amount no matter where you are in the Kingdom.
The penalties for the most common violations are:
No license plate – B400
Running a red light – B300
Reckless driving – B400
Illegal U-turn – B400
Blocking traffic – B200
Operating an illegal vehicle – B1,000
Parking in a non-parking area – B200
No vehicle insurance – B600
Driving against the flow of traffic – B200
No helmet (Passenger & Driver) – B200
No driver’s license – B400
No owner’s registration – B400
Overdue vehicle tax – B400
Using a vehicle which makes noise louder than the prescribed limit – B1,000

Motorists should also be aware that much harsher penalties [read more...]

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-traffic-fines-in-clear-view-60064.php
  tphuketnews_logo.jpg -- [emoji767] Copyright Phuket News 2016-11-30

I been fine 500b for riding without helmet in phuket

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

13 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

There is not much sense talking about this topic as the world knows that there is a law for the Thai and one for the farangs.  This topic is a freakin joke, it makes me puke.

This is a boring and wrong statement that gets spitted out every time. I have been here a while, i have a thai dl and helmet and when stopped have always been let on y way with out any extra checks above what the locals get. I have also always seen locals stopped in the same checkpoints as me every time, never waived through. i have NO worries whatsover seeing a checkpoint up aheead as i have never had an issue

I agree they have to enforce the law better but the old Thai and Farang argument is boring and wrong

3 hours ago, bsdthai said:

I was tested with a proper noise dosimeter, two years ago, on Liab Tarng Rot Fai and I was (marginally) over the limit and he let me off, so I continue up to Huay Yai, then right down to Sukhumvit and turned left, straight into another Police roadblock and they nicked me for having too small a number plate. That cost me B500, but the nice lady at Jomtien cop shop gave me a "discount" and charged me B400 and, yes, the fines were displayed clearly in English and Thai on the wall behind me.

Wheres the fine for modifications to vehicles?

How many coppers can test the dbs? They never can!.

I have a db tester on my phone. Not accurate but something and they have there well educated know it all brains to see whats what...

Speaking of dumb.... Loud exhaust fine is more expensive than reckless driving fines. Thats the genius mind set at work. Fines might be the same for falang but thais drive backwards..... Still seems to be not quite right...

As I told few days ago, in Bkk Krungthonburi rd between Saphan Taksin and Wongwienyai big motorbikes are racing between them with circuit racing set both night and day and never there is a police traffic control to stop them and fine the 1000 baht at least.....

Police just sit under their tent with fan and all head down on their smart phones...but without a smart expression on their face.....

17 minutes ago, swbaggies said:

This is a boring and wrong statement that gets spitted out every time. I have been here a while, i have a thai dl and helmet and when stopped have always been let on y way with out any extra checks above what the locals get. I have also always seen locals stopped in the same checkpoints as me every time, never waived through. i have NO worries whatsover seeing a checkpoint up aheead as i have never had an issue

I agree they have to enforce the law better but the old Thai and Farang argument is boring and wrong

I have been driving car and motorcycle for many years in Thailand and I have too many concrete examples(Thais/farangs) over the years to start to write them out.  You don't have to agree and I personally don't care.

36 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

There is not much sense talking about this topic as the world knows that there is a law for the Thai and one for the farangs.  This topic is a freakin joke, it makes me puke.

I agree with you and by direct experiences on my own skin...

Driving In Phuket, Krabi, Samui, Khonkaen, Buriram, Chonburi, Jomtien, BaanAmphur, Sattahip, Rayong, Banphee, Cha-am, Hua-In, Kanchanaburi........

And was always the same old story....

BIG C have certain sales on at one of stores. I suppose the RTP have franchised. Pattaya have there own prices a unique no licence 1000. The falang in that pic is silly for even stopping. Moving over the top of the cop better suites. phuket using the R word is a disgrace and insult.

12 minutes ago, MaxiMaxi said:

I agree with you and by direct experiences on my own skin...

Driving In Phuket, Krabi, Samui, Khonkaen, Buriram, Chonburi, Jomtien, BaanAmphur, Sattahip, Rayong, Banphee, Cha-am, Hua-In, Kanchanaburi........

And was always the same old story....

You know what I am talking about, I didn't drive to as many places as you did, but I couldn't agree more with you

Wheres the fine for modifications to vehicles?

How many coppers can test the dbs? They never can!.

I have a db tester on my phone. Not accurate but something and they have there well educated know it all brains to see whats what...

Speaking of dumb.... Loud exhaust fine is more expensive than reckless driving fines. Thats the genius mind set at work. Fines might be the same for falang but thais drive backwards..... Still seems to be not quite right...

They check the db when you get your yearly safety.No check for 5 years,so i am due next year with an after market pipe.I will get a copy of the db reading if it passes.I will have to get a special folder to keep the cops informed of their own laws.

BIG C have certain sales on at one of stores. I suppose the RTP have franchised. Pattaya have there own prices a unique no licence 1000. The falang in that pic is silly for even stopping. Moving over the top of the cop better suites. phuket using the R word is a disgrace and insult.

Can someone explain please?

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

4 hours ago, Pungdo said:

I was given a 1,000 baht fine for turning right on a Red Light, which wasn't red at all, what he got me on was a technicality, there was no red arrow pointing right, but there was only a green "Arrow" pointing straight ahead, had it been just a green light and not an arrow I would have been okay.

However after going back to the intersection and standing there with him watching the lights go through the cycle and showing him that I never actually ran a red light, he agreed to "Reduce" the fine to 300 baht, the actual fine for running a Red light.

However when I went to the police station in Soi 9 to pay it, the police woman behind the counter wouldn't accept the changed amount and insisted on me paying the original 1,000 baht and at one stage actually screwed up the ticket and threw it at me after I pointed out the correct fine for running a red light, which I actually hadn't done, was 300 baht, lovely woman she was, I gave in and paid the 1,000

Ah farangs no patience.i take my e book with for such occasions.

8 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

The penalties for drunk driving are great, my Thai friend was fined 50,000 Baht and lost his drivers license as he crashed his own car in to a tree on his own land as he was driving to his house from the rice field after an evening of drinking...

Really ?  Are police allowed to trespass on private property without cause or warrant?

:shock1:

2 hours ago, jybkk said:

These fines re ridiculously low. No wonder the roads are so dangerous here.

Even if you apply a factor of 5 to take into account the difference of cost of life and revenue, those are still between 3 and 20 times cheaper than what you'd be fined in the EU (with the addition of losing points on your license).

For example Running a red light is about 100EUR to 160EUR over there. Here it's a mere 300THB.

The worst is probably the 400THB for driving without a license. It's crazy. In most of Europe the fine is often in thousands of Euros.

Meanwhile, the fine for a loud vehicle is 5 times the one for riding with no helmet. Kind of telling of the priorities.

Don't know if you noticed but you are not in the EU.If you want to equate it correctly you work it on average wage of each country.100 EUR would be just over a days pay in Germany,so Thailand has got it right.You lose points here too.

8 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

The penalties for drunk driving are great, my Thai friend was fined 50,000 Baht and lost his drivers license as he crashed his own car in to a tree on his own land as he was driving to his house from the rice field after an evening of drinking...

Kasset, how could this be? Traffic offences - to be an offence - have to occur on a public roadway.  You can drive around all day on your own property committing all sorts of dangerous driving acts and be answerable to no-one (unless, of course, death or injury to another person results).

2 hours ago, Dan5 said:

Your his friend and you like it that he got an excessive fine of 50,000 Baht and he didn't even hurt anyone or damage any property than his own?????

Well he wasn't my friend but poster said they had to call rescue and he spent 4 weeks in hospital,so no avoiding it.

1 hour ago, Gerard052 said:

That is what the KK loud mouth thought.Guess there will be an apology on his FB page.

Archived