Weatherman warns of heavy and very heavy rains in lower South during Dec 1-3

snoop1130

Weatherman warns of heavy and very heavy rains in lower South during Dec 1-3

IMG_7162.jpg

Big vessels were warned to exercise great caution while smaller vessels were told not to venture out to the sea in the Gulf due to strong winds and high waves.

The Meteorological Department issued a statement, saying that the lower southern region would experience heavy and very heavy rains in certain parts of the region covering Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phatthalung, Songkhla, Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat provinces during December 1-3 as a direct result of stronger northeastern monsoon which is covering the Gulf and the South.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/weatherman-warns-of-heavy-and-very-heavy-rains-in-lower-south-during-dec-1-3/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-11-30

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Is it just me. or has the southern part of Thailand gotten a lot more

rain than they need  again this year?  Hope that 2017 is a better year for

every one.

Strange, Koh Samui seems to have it's own eco-system with relatively little rain and in fact a couple of months ago we entered in to a period of drought with the local authority unable to supply water to their customers 24/7.

2 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Is it just me. or has the southern part of Thailand gotten a lot more

rain than they need  again this year?  Hope that 2017 is a better year for

every one.

Not the same as the Three Bears story.

Too hot, too cold, Oh, just right !

Cheers

On 01/12/2016 at 0:48 PM, khunPer said:

No, it's just you... :smile:

We've had about half our usual rainfall this year, at least that's the case in the South East.  West coast has had it different I think.

17 minutes ago, Stocky said:

We've had about half our usual rainfall this year, at least that's the case in the South East.  West coast has had it different I think.

Believe we so far have had less at Samui – also South East – been extremely dry until beginning of November, where we had some, but not that much rain. Usually October till December are the wet months, with November peaking with downpour and floods; however, the weather gods do not always behave after the manual, so we may look forward to wet December and New Year.

:smile:

Archived