Celebrity wanted on warrant in beating of major general's son in Chiang Mai

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Awk said:

Such a sad story.  Such bad luck for the celebrities and their guards/bouncers/thugs.   My heart bleeds for them.  

The young man looks like just any other young man, no?  How were they to know this was one man they could not give the usual four on one beating to after he persisted in entering the bathroom to take a piss?

I think we can hardly blame these thugs for breaking his nose and jaw, can we?  Surely they did not know who the young man was.  In their defense he looks just the same as any of the many other young men they have probably given a good beating to for no reason, never giving it a second thought afterwards.  Surely their plea of "we did not know who he is" must be accepted and they must be acquitted of any charges, valid or not.

Some other poster here  indicated the young man is of good stature and not the flashy/braggy kind.  It makes me wonder if he indeed did not attempt to pull any "do you know who my father is?" line.  If he did pull such a line, I'd think the celebrities and their thugs would at least have given things a second thought before ganging up and commencing the beating of this lone young man.

Just such terribly bad luck.  

"The young man looks like just any other young man, no?  How were they to know this was one man they could not give the usual four on one beating to after he persisted in entering the bathroom to take a piss? "

LMAO

one might wonder if they were blocking toilet access because those inside were doing drugs ???

2 hours ago, Awk said:

HiSo -v- rather higher HiSo. This was never going to end well.

Bouncers beating seven kinds of crap out of anyone who ruffles their feathers does seem to be a Thai thing. I guess these guys are going to have a spot of bother talking their way out of this one!

7 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

I wouldn't mistake justice for retribution.

To be considered "justice", I think it would have to universally implemented, without consideration for the nationality or social standing of any of the parties involved in an incident and my reading of the situation in Thailand is that that is by no means always the case. 

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The case is being followed closely by national police chief Jakthip Chaijinda who is said to be reporting personally to the prime minister on developments

A bar fight, and developments are being monitored in the highest echelons of government. That says it all about power and influence here...

2 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Justice is swift.... if you are the son of a general 

"Justice" is all about priorities and selectiveness. Unfortunately in this case media celebrities don't rate high in the social pecking order (and that may surprise some of them)!

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

If they wanted to entertain some celebrities (highly overrated leeches in my opinion) they they had two choices:

On the pecking order of things here was the celebrity on a higher plane than the generals son? Methinks not. Dear BIB see if you can extend this fine police work to other cases with less influential backgrounds. It would go a long way in the endearment column. 

2 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

So its ok to beat someone up till he has serious injuries and might go blind in one eye cos he was braggy and have no manners? 

Security bouncers or bodyguards are there to ensure the safety of customers and the premises and to prevent harm from coming to anyone including that of the misbehaved. 

Thai bouncers n bodyguards have the wrong concept that it is ok to punch n kick someone as we have seen too many times what they did with drunk foreigners in bars n pubs. 

They should have proper training to restrain or calm down drunk or angry customers for their own safety. 

This man "Ball" is a well known mafia from phuket and chiangmai. He and his bodyguards are in alot of illegal book making and loanshark businesses and have cheated some people out of their money and businesses as well. quite alot of guys have been beaten up by them as well b4 but no attention was given cos of their connections and pay offs to the police.

I am glad your heart bleeds for these kind of scums and this guy "Ball" who hid behind his gf Aum lukkana letting her hold a media conference alone without showing his face for 3 days after the incident

I hope you have evidence to back up your fifth paragraph. Even if you have it means nothing in Thailand. I would be watching your back if I were you. The internet defamation laws here do not mess around. How long have you been in Thailand, not to know that.

6 hours ago, impulse said:

The flipside of that phenomena is like a celebrity getting a tragic disease that's been afflicting thousands of less affluent families for years.  The public exposure is often a catalyst for something to be done that wouldn't have been done for those thousands of families.

What's fascinating in this case are the multiple levels of "HiSo", with cops, "businessmen", actresses, and the military all in the limelight, none of them voluntarily.  Times like these I almost wish I could read Thai.  Heavy on the "almost".

whats fascinating to me is that neither cops, businessmen, actresses or the military actually fit into the category of hi - so

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I hope you have evidence to back up your fifth paragraph. Even if you have it means nothing in Thailand. I would be watching your back if I were you. The internet defamation laws here do not mess around. How long have you been in Thailand, not to know that.

Of cos i do. i can read thai. the evidence is all across thai news now. i would post the links for u if i could but the moderators is against anyone posting thai language links. 

N what r u gonna do on me reposting what i have read from thai news source? rat on me to the police, military or mafia Ball?

Four vs 1 isn't a fight; it is an attack.  Hopefully they will run into some enemies in prison and they will have to fight alone for a change.  A former bartender at the dayli is a general's son.  Iknew him two years before he told me that.  Very well mannered, nice kid studying IT at Rajabat.  I haven't seen a fight in there in 10 years...and they have the lowest drink prices too.beer only...just tells you what king of <deleted> go into these pretentious hiso places.  And why tf is the TV gang always ready to award someone the hiso label, when they would be very middle class in the west.  A hiso is more like an out of sighter in the us...not the guy running the factory, but the guy who owns it and never is seen on the premises.

19 hours ago, scorecard said:

Nice points.

On the business side, IMHO the bar / restaurant owners / manager probably never considered this whole situation with any logical analysis:

- If they wanted to entertain some celebrities (highly overrated leeches in my opinion) they they had two choices:

1. Close the bar / restaurant to any other folks for the evening (and possibly piss off their regular customers).

2. Leave the bar / restaurant open to all but recognize that they need to manage the whole scenario including 'behind the scenes' needs to ensure nothing untoward happens, this could include other toilet arrangements for the celebrities. In fact from my knowledge of events where celebrities etc., are involved this would be normal practice. In other words being carfefull not to upset the regulars.

Some basics of business - the revenue stream. In most types of business anywhere, it's well recognized that approx. 80% of revenue comes from regulars / repeat buyers. Any business which ignores this point is strongly lacking in business and common sense.  

You are referring to a completely bizarre and alien concept called common sense and reason. Not only that, but when you add in the component of planning, and foresight, you are really entering new territory. What you suggest makes total sense. But, how often do you see that applied here, in the business world? How often do you see a visionary approach towards trade here? 

Archived