Yamaha Aerox 155cc Launch

freedomnow

I'm in Sakon Nakhon. Unfortunately neither of the local Yamaha dealers have any idea of availability time frame. Any of the informed members have any idea of when the Aerox will be heading out into dealer land ?

Thanks.

1 minute ago, malt25 said:

I'm in Sakon Nakhon. Unfortunately neither of the local Yamaha dealers have any idea of availability time frame. Any of the informed members have any idea of when the Aerox will be heading out into dealer land ?

Thanks.

Oops ! forgot another issue. I was under the impression that the Yamaha exciter only came in 4 colours. White, Red, Blue & Yellow. I've noticed one, Black with green decals. Is this a standard exciter colour ? Bike appears new.

Thanks again.

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

Should be a great bike. The SX was a tad underpowered. No competition really at this size/power/price.

Especially the price, it will be a real aternative to the PCX which is hitting about 79k now...?

Almost 15k cheaper for the entry-level model.

Edited by freedomnow
  • Like 2

December 16th confirmed official selling date.....though may be +/- depending on dealership/supplies.

Looks like Yamaha now have a true contender against PCX at 15k cheaper for the base model (64k) if you can live without digital key fob/idle stop/ABS on highest AeroX (74k).

15k that can be rolled into first class insurance/better helmet/tyres.

Edited by freedomnow
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2016 at 9:12 PM, guzzi850m2 said:

I want to have a test sit on a Nmax and a Aerox before deciding which is most suitable as replacement for my PCX when the time come, comfy is most important to me.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I think NMAX will have more space for you as there are 2 foot positions on it...down and up at 45 degrees...only minus on Aerox is looking like 1 foot position on it. My NMAX rental day was GREAT, but AEROX is winning on price/looks.

1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

December 16th confirmed official selling date.....though may be +/- depending on dealership/supplies.

Looks like Yamaha now have a true contender against PCX at 15k cheaper for the base model (64k) if you can live without digital key fob/idle stop/ABS on highest AeroX (74k).

15k that can be rolled into first class insurance/better helmet/tyres.

Eh, NMAX is the true contender to the PCX, not this one....

29 minutes ago, Namplik said:

Eh, NMAX is the true contender to the PCX, not this one....

With the engine being exactly the same size as NMAX and bigger wheels/tyres on AEROX at PCX size and the body styling being sportier I think AEROX is in fact the near competitor, not NMAX now.  NMAX wheels are 13" to PCX 14" and AEROX 14" and the grade of wheels and size on Aerox are like after-market upgrades.

Body length as far as I know matches or is similar to PCX on AEROX.

It may look Honda Click i-sized, but it's not.

Edited by freedomnow
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Namplik said:

The N-Max have fatter wheels so the difference is not so big as you would think :smile:

Screenshot 2016-12-05 at 11.13.36.png

I just meant generally the bike styling is closer to each other with AEROX and PCX.

If you think NMAX and PCX are the direct competitors, fair enough.

I just think way more people considering PCX, will now look at the relatively edgier styling on AEROX than NMAX.

I'm guessing NMAX was not exactly the hot seller they hoped for....rarely see it on the roads.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2016 at 8:48 PM, ttakata said:

I always considered the Nouvo Elegance 135 the perfect automatic for tight BKK traffic but this will be the new king.

They're gonna enjoy leaving all the 300cc, 500 cc and 650cc for dead whilst tearing around the city. :D

• Like 2

this is exactly the type of scooter i was hoping someone would release...... nice styling and 155cc is perfect ... and looks like you can still install the mounting hook for the 7-11 beer run ... hope the r version comes in yellow/black... someone mentioned green/black decals ? ....definitely on my xmas shopping list :)

On 12/7/2016 at 8:28 PM, William Osborne said:

this is exactly the type of scooter i was hoping someone would release...... nice styling and 155cc is perfect ... and looks like you can still install the mounting hook for the 7-11 beer run ... hope the r version comes in yellow/black... someone mentioned green/black decals ? ....definitely on my xmas shopping list :)

Black/green or blue/silver on R...Thai models are a bit different to first post photo of Indonesia ones..

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/automotive/product.php/type/automatic/title/Yamaha-Aerox-155-2016

On 12/1/2016 at 11:43 AM, philthebook said:

I really like these, can finally replace my airblade, blue R version for me please

this reminds me a lot of theairblade except with added bonus bigger engine fatter tires better lights...this is very tempting...

On 12/4/2016 at 1:55 PM, freedomnow said:

With the engine being exactly the same size as NMAX and bigger wheels/tyres on AEROX at PCX size and the body styling being sportier I think AEROX is in fact the near competitor, not NMAX now.  NMAX wheels are 13" to PCX 14" and AEROX 14" and the grade of wheels and size on Aerox are like after-market upgrades.

Body length as far as I know matches or is similar to PCX on AEROX.

It may look Honda Click i-sized, but it's not.

what simply makes it a contender as a sizable group will choose it over the pcx and the pcx will continue to old its "old fogey" type riders lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...