Yamaha Aerox 155cc Launch

freedomnow

25 minutes ago, papa al said:

There is a blue one [R model?] like that for rent here

but has that ABS sensor ring inside front brake rotor.

? ?

Yes mine has ABS sensor ring, but no ABS; can only surmise that they produce same brake disc for all markets where some wavy disc models have ABS.

20170313_184811 (Medium).jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ingo67 said:

Yes mine has ABS sensor ring, but no ABS; can only surmise that they produce same brake disc for all markets where some wavy disc models have ABS.

my R has ABS I checked it on my lawn, worked great, was one of the first ones released, maybe slipped the net?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ingo67 said:

How easy and at what cost would it be to convert to ABS, I was looking to buy the same the R model and I would like it be ABS?.

On 19.3.2017 at 4:08 PM, naboo said:

Sat on one last week.

The cover by the left knee has a USB charging port inside. However, its pretty flimsy, I wouldn't trust the cover not to fall off whilst riding smashing my phone on the pavement.

Can you share a photo please?

I just bought one for 66,900THB (Black/Neon yellow) without Smartlock and found some information about a USB plug and battery charging connections.... Wondering where and how to access?

54 minutes ago, gessi2000 said:

Can you share a photo please?

I just bought one for 66,900THB (Black/Neon yellow) without Smartlock and found some information about a USB plug and battery charging connections.... Wondering where and how to access?

Left knee position, there is a plastic cover. Push it in gently and it pops out.

No pic sorry.

Edit, found a picture.

Pic here, won't link to ThaiVisa.

Edited by naboo

On Thu Dec 01 2016 at 1:46 PM, malt25 said:

I'm in Sakon Nakhon. Unfortunately neither of the local Yamaha dealers have any idea of availability time frame. Any of the informed members have any idea of when the Aerox will be heading out into dealer land ?

Thanks.

It's out their now just got mine from Pattaya 77,000 baht with all on road cost that was with ABS model in matt Gray .

On Fri Apr 07 2017 at 2:51 PM, nev said:

How easy and at what cost would it be to convert to ABS, I was looking to buy the same the R model and I would like it be ABS?.

You'd be better of buying one with ABS then just put the waiver disc for 1,100 baht then the shocks for 4,500 baht cheaper way to go because that's all the R model has and its a key start. Where the ABS model has a remote to start the bike.

Edited by Eli1
Spelling Mystic why would you have to ask?

5 hours ago, Eli1 said:

You'd be better of buying one with ABS then just put the waiver disc for 1,100 baht then the shocks for 4,500 baht cheaper way to go because that's all the R model has and its a key start. Where the ABS model has a remote to start the bike.

To be honest I was going to buy the ABS model but I do not want keyless start and the stop start system, I like the blue R model and just want ABS but as I an not planning on riding to fast at my age maybe and its only a twist and go scooter the waiver disc should do just fine.

• Like 1

Question:

What is the advantage of the tank-type rear-struts for a scooter?

Crosses speed-bumps or pot-holes better?

Or just for racing?

Would papa be able to tell the difference in a blind test?

Edited by papa al

On Thu Jan 12 2017 at 4:41 PM, philthebook said:

Had a look at one today, love the styling, seating position was ok for me at 5',10" but could do with being a little bit bigger.

Did not order because they were asking 71,900 for the R version and 81,500 for the ABS version, will take a look at a bigger Yamaha dealership on Samui to see if they will do a better price.

Got mine for 77,000 with all on road cost and 3 years warranty that's ABS version in matt Gray.

Edited by Eli1
  • Like 1