Yamaha Aerox 155cc Launch

freedomnow

On 4/15/2017 at 5:27 AM, nev said:

To be honest I was going to buy the ABS model but I do not want keyless start and the stop start system, I like the blue R model and just want ABS but as I an not planning on riding to fast at my age maybe and its only a twist and go scooter the waiver disc should do just fine.

Do yourself a favour and get a Honda PCX 150, has ABS and only a little more expensive. but a great bike and well worth it.

3 minutes ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Sorry but you are so wrong, Aerox is so much better than an overpriced PCX it handles so much better, I have had both and would never buy another PCX. and 20000 is only a little bit more???

Happy to read your continuing plaudits for the Aerox, have had 3 PCX's and getting a little bored now.  The price on the PCX also seems to be going up a lot so the Aerox sounds like a good next change for me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Sorry but you are so wrong, Aerox is so much better than an overpriced PCX it handles so much better, I have had both and would never buy another PCX. and 20000 is only a little bit more???

Just a matter of opinion, the price a poster quoted for his aerox was 77.000Bt, my PCX was 82.000Bt.

I admit I have never rode an Aerox, but I do find it hard to believe it handles better than a PCX.

I had a Fino once, and although I had no problem with it's handling or reliability, it was dreadful on Fuel.

If I fancied a certain Yamaha, and read good reports about it's fuel consumption, I would maybe buy it.

• Thanks 1

Considering buying a Aerox or waiting for the possible Honda Click 150. Had starting problems with my Nuovo 135 and know several other owners that did as well.  Never had a starting problem with any Honda i have owned.

Does the fuel injection eliminate or minimize starting problems?

I have rented a lot of scooters in Thailand and other countries over the years. My friend bought Aerox R recently and I tried it, I must say the handling and the feel, balance all excellent, better than PCX and a lot of others I have ridden.

Only had two gripes, one there are very sharp plastic edges up front where if you are tall you could hurt your shin if not careful (this is rare but I say it because my friend did it already after a few weeks riding his new bike).

Second is that the ride is a little rough, it is like you feel every bump in the road, I prefer a softer ride myself. Nothing majorly concerning but I noticed it right away, it is either to do with shocks on the R version being a bit stiff/sporty, or just being a new shocks/bike - and I did ask my friend and he said he had just set the tire pressures according to the manual. 

If it was me I would just buy the standard/cheapest version, an excellent bike as it is, and probably does not need those extras....

• Like 2

On 23/04/2017 at 11:04 AM, possum1931 said:

Just a matter of opinion, the price a poster quoted for his aerox was 77.000Bt, my PCX was 82.000Bt.

I admit I have never rode an Aerox, but I do find it hard to believe it handles better than a PCX.

I had a Fino once, and although I had no problem with it's handling or reliability, it was dreadful on Fuel.

If I fancied a certain Yamaha, and read good reports about it's fuel consumption, I would maybe buy it.

Fino 115cc used too much fuel... 

I'm trying to stop laughing :smile:

You should probably get a pushbike... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Look here Sunshine, I had a Honda Wave 125 before I got that Fino, and almost 50% better on fuel. One of my friends bought his daughter a Fino, and he was surprised at the fuel consumption.

I already have a pushbike so just keep your stupid jokes to yourself.

On 24/04/2017 at 8:35 PM, speedtripler said:

Agreed, fuel consumption on a bike in Thailand is a complete non issue, especially with petrol/gas at 27 baht a litre. The difference between the best and worst is probably 50 baht a week.

• Like 1

On 24/04/2017 at 11:28 PM, possum1931 said:

Look here Sunshine, I had a Honda Wave 125 before I got that Fino, and almost 50% better on fuel. One of my friends bought his daughter a Fino, and he was surprised at the fuel consumption.

I already have a pushbike so just keep your stupid jokes to yourself.

Who even counts fuel consumption on a bike that costs ~70thb to fill to the brim?  

A wave is a different animal, its not even an automatic and it uses honda pgmfi instead of a carb, also uses a chain so obviously more efficient on gas milage but really, I think gasoline 95 is about 25-26thb a litre 

Unless your running a  taxi bike service the automatic  twist-n-go will  Be more convenient and the difference in gas consumption could be offset by drinking one Less bottle of beer per week /month

You should probably change that Irish flag to a Scottish one lol 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

I'm liking this more and more. 

Me too,   I have a nouvo I use for short trips  zipping around the city where a big bike would only slow me down.... 

I like this a lot better than the pcx and nmax, but does it really only have abs on 1 wheel? 

Also, has anyone tested the 3 different versions? I would like to hear about the "upgraded suspension" especially.... 

On Sat Apr 15 2017 at 10:29 AM, MINIMIGLIA said:

My one has it.

Sorry mate don't want to argue with you but the R model doesn't that's the only reason I didn't buy the R because it didn't have the ABS so I've just put the suspension shocks for 4500 baht then the Weaver discs for 1100 baht...anyway take a photo of your bike and let me see.... by the way is your bike a remote control or is it a key model.

On Sun Apr 23 2017 at 1:53 PM, gmac said:

Happy to read your continuing plaudits for the Aerox, have had 3 PCX's and getting a little bored now.  The price on the PCX also seems to be going up a lot so the Aerox sounds like a good next change for me.

Yes mate I'm a bike enthusiast and yes I would say 100% the Aerox by far much superior bike.

Edited by Eli1

Also, has anyone tested the 3 different versions? I would like to hear about the "upgraded suspension" especially.... 

Looking at the Owner's Manual all three of the models have the same load capacity of 158kg. From talking to the guy at the shop the 'upgraded suspension' simply makes it firmer, it doesn't increase the load capacity.
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Eli1 said:

Sorry mate don't want to argue with you but the R model doesn't that's the only reason I didn't buy the R because it didn't have the ABS so I've just put the suspension shocks for 4500 baht then the Weaver discs for 1100 baht...anyway take a photo of your bike and let me see.... by the way is your bike a remote control or is it a key model.

It is an R model , one of the first, it has abs and no stupid remote key.

13 hours ago, Cynical Sailor said:

Looking at the Owner's Manual all three of the models have the same load capacity of 158kg. From talking to the guy at the shop the 'upgraded suspension' simply makes it firmer, it doesn't increase the load capacity.

I usually don't slow down much for speedbumps or railway tracks but im not sure firmer suspension would help absorb that..... 

Not even sure that the 158kg is rear  suspension related, I thought that was the safe weight the bike could carry in relation to the frame strength but I'm well under 158kg anyway lol and usually don't carry passengers most of the time

On 4/25/2017 at 2:07 AM, Agusts said:

That is an obvious cause but he said the tire pressures were correct ...  (I guess to counter that feel on a new Aerox R you can let some air out !).

oops... stand corrected.

papa planning on getting one of these the turning 70 birthday present to self.

Not the stiff-riding R model tho.

Small fuel tank and absent rear tie-down points

seem the negative thangs,

IpO.

Edited by papa al
  • Like 1

What horrid fitment.
I hate the cheap Thai made accessories they make here or in Taiwan.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Me too, but that's the only hook I was able to find in BKK.
I have find out that Yamaha producing the hook in that picture but it's still not available in Thailand. If anyone knows where I can get it please let me know. Attached photo.
IMG_6361.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app