Phoenix Golf course very poor

Tiger Clappers

Having played this course many times over the last 15 years I have to say what has gone wrong

new owners spent money and brought a major event but forgot about telling the crowds

now the course is being ripped up for the next Kings Cup

the first changes destroyed a great 9 with a number of gimmicky greens and a "signature par 5'" would love to know the signature 

the next 9 which is barely open has new patches on the greens already, albeit they match the first 9 cheese grater effect greens

the bunkers are like building site waste pits and the fairways look like dune buggy race tracks

so happy I never joined this club as it appears the stuck up members think it is better than the proverbial sliced loaf and are happy to enjoy their subsidized Guiness at the expense of the visiting parties

an attempt to woo more visitors with free carts has now been halted and I am sure the management will soon see that the path to the gate will not be trodden as much as it has been

what happened to one of the great courses, is it poor management, or pure greed or just deaf ears as I have it on good authority that good times are around the corner, but so is Xmas and the next Kings Cup

maybe photoshop will paint another great picture

wake up and look at what you had and try and consider the local visitors and not the 'one off's"

An interesting "first post"..........

You may want to start by flicking through this topic if you haven't already or were not aware but surprised if you did not know and had been playing the course at all before the recent changes.