Government to step up action to evict illegal businesses on "Maldives Island" near Ranong

snoop1130

Government to step up action to evict illegal businesses on "Maldives Island" near Ranong

EyWwB5WU57MYnKOuqPuPylU0QCwwZBtxPVvGYGXqFygZtRUfJQPSbD.jpg

An island off the Ranong coast that has up to 100 illegal resorts is being targeted by the government for action.

But following previous meetings that called for action little has been done to reclaim state land encroached upon in Koh Payam - known as the "Thai Maldives".

Now top brass police and local government representatives are under pressure to use Article 44 to resolve the issue once and for all.

Thai Rath reported that there are 100 Thai and foreign owned resorts operating on the southern Thai island. Many are owned by influential figures.

Yesterday another crisis meeting was convened for 30 officials to decide what to do next as action to evict the illegal operators has stalled.

A further meeting will take place with business operators and locals on the island on December 7th.

Source: http://www.thairath.co.th/content/798927

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-01

If reports like this keep on coming I might retract my previous opinion that this current government is no better than all the previous ones (or that they are even worse).

As soon as they introduce an independent agency to do jobs like this and corruption is taken care off on both sides of the line I will even start supporting this junta and any delay of elections.

Archived