Police hunt Thai woman accused of stealing B130,000 from Phuket tourist

snoop1130

Police hunt Thai woman accused of stealing B130,000 from Phuket tourist

Eakkapop Thongtub

1480588156_1-org.jpg

It appears that the money was stolen from a draw and was not kept locked away in a safe. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET:-- Patong Police are currently looking for a woman, believed to be Thai, who is alleged to have stolen more than B130,000 from a Canadian tourist when spending time with him in his hotel room.

Patong Police were alerted of an incident at 2pm yesterday (Nov 30) where it was alleged that a female had stolen cash from 32-year-old Canadian tourist, Ryan Alexander Sheridan, while spending time with him at his room at the Holiday Inn Hotel on Ruamjai Rd.

Mr Sheridan told police that the cash stolen from him included B85,000 in Thai currency, Canadian $1,000 and US$350.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/police-hunt-thai-woman-accused-of-stealing-b130-000-from-phuket-tourist-60084.php#YhmRwOYOyJMD6qW1.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-12-01

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canadian tourist robbed of $4,000 by Bangla 'companion'

Kritsada Mueanhawong

1_201612117934480_pTxrmGWZJmupFEudsJgXCy

PHUKET:-- A hapless Canadian tourist yesterday filed a complaint against a Thai woman, claiming that she made off with about 130,000 baht in cash from his hotel room. 

Alexander Ryan, 31, told police that he had met the woman on Bangla Road in Patong on Tuesday night, and then invited her back to his room at the Holiday Inn hotel where they both continued to drink. 

“Mr Ryan said that he woke up the next morning to find that the woman was gone and so was his money – which included 85,500 baht, CAD$1,000 and US$350,” Maj Teerasak Boonsang of the Patong Police told the Phuket Gazette today. 

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Canadian-tourist-robbed-4000-Bangla-companion/65938?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-12-01

IDIOT! Still wondering if he's even telling the truth about the amount that was "stolen". Now I'm not siding with any corruption that goes on in Thailand (yes there ARE a bunch of corruption in Thailand), however, there is this thing called the 'INTERNET' where you research the "do's & don't" of country/countries traveling, especially for novice travelers...he just set his ownself up by inviting trouble! Accept the loss pal, and move on, (expensive) lesson learned!!! 55555

I do not feel sorry for him he should of known better and  to bring a nice young girl into room is dangerous even if you lock your door.

He as a Canadian will have a sorry ass story to tell his friend so it might help the cannuck to understand that all here is about money.

Unfortunately Canadians and Scandinavians tend to be more trusting types. This positive attribute means they become unstuck more often in Thailand where you need to be on your guard to some extent.

Most of the money will be recovered but Ryan, the clueless Canuck, will buy the line from the cop that they were only able to recover 4000 Baht and then tip them.

what an absolute plonker,met this lovely woman on the road,a streetwalker name noi? ioy? joy? or boy? sorry i cant remember the name,she was quite freindly when i said i have plenty of money,so why dont you come back to my place for a cup of tea.

OH NO i dont want any money cause i like you,so handsom.

oh that was great now try and get some sleep and we will do it again.

you just cant make it up.

2 hours ago, balo said:

Why carry cash ? Is he afraid the ATM's will bite him in the arse?  

Maybe! If he was working under the table in Canada or US the answer would be yes. Bring the cash over to Thailand, spend it, and Canda Tax Revenue would be none the wiser.

Expensive little lesson for him to be sure. Whereas I do feel sorry for him, obviously sight impaired due to the rose tinted glasses of a tourist, he will not be the only visitor to find themselves in this position over the next couple of months I'm sure......................;)

Archived