Police hunt Thai woman accused of stealing B130,000 from Phuket tourist

snoop1130

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, balo said:

Why carry cash ? Is he afraid the ATM's will bite him in the arse?  

He's already been bitten in the arse. 

Good lesson for him. Maybe a cheap lesson. 

Shame on my fellow countryman. 

1 hour ago, mettech said:

I do not feel sorry for him he should of known better and  to bring a nice young girl into room is dangerous even if you lock your door.

He as a Canadian will have a sorry ass story to tell his friend so it might help the cannuck to understand that all here is about money.

Let's stop branding "Canadians" It's a big country. Much depends on what Province they come from and it's not all like the McKenzie brothers eh?

12 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

It can be just as hot in Canada as here in the summer.

Not at this time of  year!  Many of the Canadian provinces are at the beginning of the Winter Season. Winter has barely started and its already 0 degrees centigrade in Alberta today, a temperature unknown to Thais.  IMHO, Thais don't know the meaning of winter. As to the Canadian tourist may be his brain thawed out too quickly. Just joking!

Probably the type that refuses to wire money or use ATMs because you 'get a bad rate'. I see many people on here making a point of always carrying large wads of cash on the plane to try to save 0.00000001%. Dopey to say the least, but then you go one-up and bring a walker back to your room. Stroll on!

14 minutes ago, riverhigh said:

Not at this time of  year!  Many of the Canadian provinces are at the beginning of the Winter Season. Winter has barely started and its already 0 degrees centigrade in Alberta today, a temperature unknown to Thais.  IMHO, Thais don't know the meaning of winter. As to the Canadian tourist may be his brain thawed out too quickly. Just joking!

It is actually still fall..winter starts Dec 21st.

in every hotel you can use safe, in some cases even in your room. ( other issue is that this later is not safe at all 555) Why someone carries so much cash and keep in the drawer under dirty socks ? And he invites someone, who is deaparetely interested in MONEY, Honey........ Breath taking ......

I like TV and some people have saved others lots of time with their advice. But why do people call a person a clown and have no sympathy when they have money stolen. Why do people live in Thailand and complain Thais are stupid and Thailand is terrible. For the life of me why take the time to call someone stupid whether they be expat or Thai. If Thailand is so bad then get the he@@ out. Leave If everyone that has a tragedy is their fault for being stupid and you think you are the smartest person on the planet then get a life. Bottom line to all you so called superior people - get the hell out and go somewhere that you can be happy and use all your superior wisdom. Leave the rest of us alone. Peace?

Really...?

Is either a complete Knob Head or its all a crock of Kaka!!

C'mon who is daft enough to leave 130k Bhat in a drawer and bring back a street walker 'having a few drinks' lol... Reckon the Canuk is hoping a Police report will assist with his Canuk Insurance pay out, Oh and an Oyster perpetual date adjust, I-phone, tablet, cuddly toy and Fondue set

Makes me feel good to read all the outpourings of sympathy from the tv brigade, who have probably all been mugged off at some stage in their lives, and now revel in gloating over someone else's misfortune.

Keep up the good work lads, I'm starting to get a grip on this cynicism thing.

16 minutes ago, Kru Baa said:

The police are hunting the woman or money? What kind idiot keeps that kind of money in his room? He will never see any of it again even if they find her. Good, let's hope this idiot never comes back.

Why do you hope he never comes back, what has he ever done to you ?

It is really heart-warming to read all the comments on here, which without exception, blame this theft on the Canadian, who, whatever the circumstances, is still the VICTIM.    

Of course he was careless but someone else, a guilty person, stole his money.   I hope that if and when any of you have an unfortunate (careless) experience in your lives, resulting in loss of property, or even worse in loss of life, people are not queueing up to blame and make fun of you.  Beware of Karma!

5 hours ago, balo said:

Why carry cash ? Is he afraid the ATM's will bite him in the arse?  

Everyone here never carries cash? And likes to insult the robbed. Maybe if your wife got her handbag stolen you would like to slag her off?

Balo, i have travelled a lot around Thailand, Malaysia, Laos and every time i had issues with using ATM cards. Especially Thai cards. Even after contacting the banks to inform them of my travel plans.

After these experiences i always carry cash, not happy to do so, but to be away and the banks refusing access to your funds really is no fun.

I am currently riding my motorbike around Vietnam, brought 200,000 + baht......the ATM's work! Can't win !

1 hour ago, riverhigh said:

Try the North in the cold season, Not cold by your standards, but if you are used to 30 degrees plus, freezing!  :)

2 hours ago, mettech said:

Really I think it is the way Canadians are it is a cold country and the sun hit their head too hard.

Some say the cause of this type behavior can be blamed on '' cabin fever '', but its the wrong time of year for that condition, so a case of dumb a.. is more descriptive.

39 minutes ago, chrissables said:

Everyone here never carries cash? And likes to insult the robbed. Maybe if your wife got her handbag stolen you would like to slag her off?

Balo, i have travelled a lot around Thailand, Malaysia, Laos and every time i had issues with using ATM cards. Especially Thai cards. Even after contacting the banks to inform them of my travel plans.

After these experiences i always carry cash, not happy to do so, but to be away and the banks refusing access to your funds really is no fun.

I am currently riding my motorbike around Vietnam, brought 200,000 + baht......the ATM's work! Can't win !

Report back once it's gone with someone, please. 

Archived