Police hunt Thai woman accused of stealing B130,000 from Phuket tourist

snoop1130

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy screwed up.  He's paying a price.  It's not as if each and every one of us hasn't screwed up and ended up paying for it.  

Otherwise, a lot more guys would be posting from their retirement villa on the French Riviera, and not from a farm in the 3rd world.

Thank God there wasn't an internet back then.

Maybe! If he was working under the table in Canada or US the answer would be yes. Bring the cash over to Thailand, spend it, and Canda Tax Revenue would be none the wiser.

Stil can deposit cash to bank accounts, withdraw later. Tax Revenue cannot access or see private bank accounts.

Really...?
Is either a complete Knob Head or its all a crock of Kaka!!

C'mon who is daft enough to leave 130k Bhat in a drawer and bring back a street walker 'having a few drinks' lol... Reckon the Canuk is hoping a Police report will assist with his Canuk Insurance pay out, Oh and an Oyster perpetual date adjust, I-phone, tablet, cuddly toy and Fondue set

What kind of insurance is available anywhere that insures against cash stolen from unlocked drawer?

The guy screwed up.  He's paying a price.  It's not as if each and every one of us hasn't screwed up and ended up paying for it.  

Otherwise, a lot more guys would be posting from their retirement villa on the French Riviera, and not from a farm in the 3rd world.

Thank God there wasn't an internet back then.

True he's paying for his mistake, fair enough, but why broadcast it to the world?

11 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Why would any one leave this much money in their hotel room.  Was it this guy's first trip outside of Canada, if so he did not do his homework.  Fool and money soon parted. Better luck on next trip.

Geezer

What a hoot.

If a guy gets robbed on the street, he should have left it in the hotel safe.  If the guy's hotel safe gets filched, he should have left it in the bank and used an ATM.  If the guy's ATM card doesn't work, he's an idiot for not carrying cash.  If a guy's ATM card gets skimmed, he's an idiot for letting that happen.  He's also an idiot to pay int'l ATM fees.  If the guy's pickup rifles through his drawers, he should have rented another hotel room just for the sex.  If a guy rents a 2nd hotel room for the sex, he's wasting money.  Ya just can't win when we all have 20/20 hindsight.

The guy's a victim here.  He made some bad calls, but we all do.  Unless we travel to the 3rd world without enough cash to get back home if things go wonky- and that itself is a mistake.   There but for the grace of God...

3 hours ago, jerojero said:

True he's paying for his mistake, fair enough, but why broadcast it to the world?

My theory?  He inadvertently set that train wreck in motion when he did the appropriate thing and filed a police report.

Edit:  Falls under the "No good deed goes unpunished here." category.

Wow, Impulse  did I hit a nerve?  Did something like this happen to you as

well?  Maybe  tourists cannot get a bank account anymore, but I was able

to get a Bangkok bank account several years ago and have kept it ever

since, so I bring money and such to Thailand, top up my account and

get an ATM card.  Also use the charge card if I get low in cash before the

trip is over. I also used Travelers cheques, and now have my Thai relatives

take my Canadian money and make them selves a bit of profit, being

private lenders.  They give me a good deal on the Thai baht and I am able to

have a great and safe vacation,   I am just saying that this guy could have prevented

this with more wisdom. Live and learn, he should be happy he only lost money.

Geezer

9 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Wow, Impulse  did I hit a nerve?  Did something like this happen to you as well? 

No and no.  In 15 years of traveling and living in Asia, my number hasn't come up.  Yet.  It may tomorrow.

And I promise you that if any one of us were to hire a security consultant to follow us around for a day, we'd all find out we're not geniuses and the list of vulnerabilities isn't trivial (and changing every day).  Follow a kid on a lark, and the report would go into chapters, at least for me when I was his age and experience level.

You're correct that some make it easier than others,  but I didn't care for your characterization of the guy as a "fool and his money".  

On 12/2/2016 at 10:29 AM, sn1per said:

Why do you hope he never comes back, what has he ever done to you ?

Idiots like this come out here and ruin the place like all the fools I see falling in love with hookers. You're probably one of them.

Ah wise words from Kru Baa, sorry to disappoint you but I don't fall in love. Also, I think its the thief that is spoiling it in this case, not the innocent tourist who got robbed. Go get some therapy mate you are obviously bitter and twisted about something which is affecting your judgment.

Archived