Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MarvinKh

Evaluate my photo of Bali beach

Recommended Posts

Hi all. Please critique the photo, composition, lighting, post processing or any other technical issues, as harsh as you like as to improve my photography. 

Setting is not sure coz I stitched over 20 shots and making this somewhat panorama, and high megapixel ~75MP, this is of course, the scaled down version. 

Self evaluation, flat composition (should I crop differently?) 

- sloppy photoshop

- too HDR looking 

 

Thanks everyone for your time! 

20160802-AMY_2322_stitch-01.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

washed out water, way to over photo shoppped for me

Thanks. I will have to work on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very busy with the whites top and bottom. Maybe less is more .. but you have skills i don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, optad said:

Very busy with the whites top and bottom. Maybe less is more .. but you have skills i don't.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with you now then I think about it, less is more. I'd better not get too overboard with stitching n huge megapixels output, I doubt I'd print billboards anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My god man,that image is huge!!!

 

I would say,on the whole it is a good attempt!

 

A couple of things that did catch my eye,were the harshness of the brightness in the waves and also midway down the right hand side of the waves,something went amiss with the stitching,but that would be only to be expected on a fast moving subject,like waves.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2017 at 2:34 AM, shaggy1969 said:

My god man,that image is huge!!!

 

I would say,on the whole it is a good attempt!

 

A couple of things that did catch my eye,were the harshness of the brightness in the waves and also midway down the right hand side of the waves,something went amiss with the stitching,but that would be only to be expected on a fast moving subject,like waves.

 

 

The right side u mentioned wasn't there, i cloned some waves n filled in. It was a sloppy job, need to work on that. Thank for the feedback, I'll try harder or, go smaller :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes, too HDR looking, too much colour, water washed out, not focussed either on sky or sea (golden ratio !)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

highlights in water blown, sky over saturated colorwise. 

no real issue with composition, but its just far too overcooked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HeikoJT said:

yes, too HDR looking, too much colour, water washed out, not focussed either on sky or sea (golden ratio !)

 

regarding your composition comments, i think the whole thing is quite rule of thirds. 

i think the blown water just distracts from it all by dragging the eye too far down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh, people on the beach are over sharpened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the sky you captured

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...